Server Sevii Islands: Release

Aevero

Content Maker
Project Manager
Hello once more,

Today, we are proud to present the newest expansion to PWO. The Sensational Sevii Islands!

Something is not right over on the Islands, and you have been selected for your exceptional abilities after defeating the Elite 4 numerous times to help Winona over on Three Island.
But it's not as you expect as Sevii has frozen over! Traverse the Islands, assist the citizens, brave the fierce weather, discover the cause and help return the Islands to normal.

Make your way to the Route 26 Ferry terminal, South of Victory Road and East of New Bark Town, to find transport to the frozen islands. You will need to have completed both versions of the Elite 4 to begin, and will have needed to finish the Mt Silver Questline to make it through Sevii.
You will unlock full Sevii islands after the questline.

Sevii's Epilogue will still need some finishing touches so will be released later.

Please see our patch notes to accompany this release - 1.98.3.4

SeviEgg.png WE HOPE YOU ENJOY! SeviEgg.png

The PWO Staff team both past and present.

If you find any errors or bugs, please make a report on the Playerdex in the NPC section
Playerdex link

Last edited:

ProfessorCarrieOak

If Winona has hopes in my exceptional battling abilities, I have some bad news for her lol Now, jokes, aside, thank you very much everyone who was involved in this update, and I'm especially excited about the extra boxes, much appreciated <3 This is great motivation for us who like to have one of each poke, as now we can actually store them without having to choose which ones to keep :D

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide
For the Wiki enjoyers and users, I’ll be posting the full Sevii guide and comprehensive island pages next week. For the time being, I’ll only be posting the spawns shortly - which can already be seen using the /lis command.

thunderclap

Youngster
Not done the quest yet but it's evident the huge amount of work that has been put into this. All these maps and then I imagine they thaw out so there's probably double the maps. Quests all flowing nicely and special-feeling so far. Feels great to know that this is now permanent content that all future players will be able to enjoy. What a terrific gift to PWO from all staff. The drive to persevere to a final product despite all the doubts and challenges, finding time for this despite all their real world commitments. Can't wait to see the rest (except need sleep) and to play and replay it. This will have major lasting effects in PWO for years to come. Big thank you to staff.

Jobey

Jr. Trainer
This is good to see, and a pretty significant moment in the game's history. Props to those that worked on it, and congratulations to the playerbase as your patience has at long last been rewarded. To all who play, I wish you the greatest of fun and enjoyment and countless hours ahead to take it all in! God speed!

parquettistapazzo

Youngster
Thank you so much. I've waited so long to see this happen, and from what I got it was worth it! This is maybe the biggest update since I started playing (surely from a map/quest standpoint), and the community lately has been quite lively. It's a good spot to be in!

Sushikraver

The Good Samaritan
Staff member
Community Guide
For the Wiki enjoyers and users, I’ll be posting the full Sevii guide and comprehensive island pages next week. For the time being, I’ll only be posting the spawns shortly - which can already be seen using the /lis command.

As a follow-up, I have posted the redacted versions of the Sevii Wiki pages. Enjoy~

Raam

The General
Game Editor
Hey everyone, hope you're all enjoying Sevii so far :)

The Sevii Daycarer on Four Island will now accept all eggs upon completion of its side quest.

Please continue to utilize the bug catcher as you come across issues, it's a big help to the Staff team.

Fadoka

Jr. Trainer
Well, well, well...

Well, the answer is simple, I just want to congratulate! I want to congratulate the team for the competence and for the incredible work presented.

Klay

Youngster
While most people speaking out are praising the update and how Sevii has been released, it's important to note that it's not everyone's opinion

24040909493616763118385842.png

I myself had some struggles with the Five Island parts:
- it wasn't clear (at least to me) that the people we had to rescue were the villagers outside (I spent way too long spacebaring the cages in the warehouse)
- it was also a bit confusing to get the key for the Gorgeous Resort, I don't remember exactly what was supposed to be done to have the correct sequence of dialogues to get that key but I do remember these 2 sections were the only ones where I had to ask others what we were supposed to do

There is also the issue of Lorelei NPC dialogues: you can be at the last part of the snow arc, if you come back to Island Four the NPC behaves like everything after Island Four events didn't happen

Other parts of the quests were either decent, good or well-done (still don't get why the FFA631 has this name)

The choice of spawns are great, very few new datas, well-used G3-4 poks, nothing that would make planning spawns for future events/swarms harder for the staff team in my opinion

Same for the rewards AND THE WAY THEY ARE [NOT] HANDLED, it feels more organic than getting them when quests are finished

edit: ow? I thought that was something to do with pokémons related to FFA631 or hints about future stuff :<

Last edited: