Rig Project Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rigaudon

Youngster
Went through all of the blocks and polished/balanced the spawns according to stats and the improvements made to the formula as time went by.
The following changes were made today.

NOTE: Nothing jumped down a whole rarity tier (ex: No HR became a VR, or VR become Rare) but there were a few kind of large changes, namely to Electabuzz and Cubone who are more reasonable now.

Pikachu in viridian forest is now slightly harder to find.

Clefairy in Mt. Moon is now easier to find.

Abra is now 2x easier in early kanto.

Shellder in Vermilion is now 10x easier to find (was way too hard before)

Electabuzz is now much easer to find on route 10 and Power Plant. Power Plant is still your better bet, however.

Drowzee much easier to find on route 11 compared to what it was before.

Pikachu slightly easier to find in Power Plant compared to before - note this doesn’t mean it’s easier to find than the Viridian Forest pikachu.

Due to bugs, the Hitmons had to be removed from SRR :’( They’ll be back later though. They weren't appearing at all and I don't want to make people hunt for what are essentially unicorns at the moment.
----To make up for it, heracross will be a *little* easier to find until this is fixed (since there will be less spawns on the map than we originally designed for).

Cubone in Pokemon Tower is easier/more reasonable to find. Gastly is a bit more balanced between floors but is not greatly impacted by the changes (his floor 6 and floor 7 rates are the same as always).

Rhyhorn and Exeggcute are now veeeery slightly easier in the Kanto Safari Zone than they were before.

Kanto Safari Zone 2‘s Chansey is more balanced; it’s easier and now is more fair when compared to Zone 4’s Chansey.

Route 17 was updated (nothing major)

Routes near Fuchsia made more balanced. As one example out of many, for some reason Nidorina and Nidorino were much rarer than they were supposed to be.

LightDragon

Nice job Riga. I like it! Really,was difficult find shellder.Thank you!! I'm enjoying all. :D

Sanven

Wow i caught one shellder in Vermillion city, didn't knew it waas way too difficult..!!! :D

Rigaudon

Youngster
I've made a more long term, if still not ultimately temporary, change to the broken Hitmons. They now appear in any SRR section but to compensate for that, they're now harder to find than before as well. This is until a proper fix can be conducted - it has taken longer than I predicted, so hopefully this will do for now.

While I'm at it, a while back I made it free to travel through Diglett's Cave 1F. No more purpose-defeating fees.

I'm hoping to add Block 7 by this weekend (so, in about 3 or 4 days). The areas will include Route 19, Route 20, Cinnabar Volcano Path, Cinnabar Volcano Island, Route 21, Cerulean Cave 1F, Cerulean Cave 2F, Cerulean Cave B1F, and Pallet Town.

That will conclude the last route of Kanto, after which we hope to post a topic explaining the rarities and list what each Kanto Pokemon’s general rarity tier is.

Have a wonderful evening~

Rigaudon

Youngster
Block 7 is completed. Here are some cliffnotes you can't see through the /list command.

Kanto Fishing:
- Fishing skill requirements now heavily rely on the level of the wild Pokemon. Don't expect to be level 10 and hook a level 30 Kingler, for example.
-Evolutions add +5 to the required fishing skill level. For example, level 10 Krabby might be fishing level 5, but a level 10 Kingler would be fishing level 10.
-A very few Pokemon still have a minimum fishing requirement. For example, Shellder is level 30 minimum. If its normal encounter level is higher, it will increase from there as well. (Level 40 shellder would have a fishing requirement of 35 or 40, for example.) I'll go into more detail with this later.
*-There is now a huge difference between surfing/fishing in basically all of Kanto; the ocean routes, Route 21, and Pallet town were the last strongholds of "lol fishing is useless." Johto will be receiving a similar treatment.

Water Route 19 and Route 20:
-Very different spawns and levels now. Remoraid and Corsola are here but Magikarp is gone, for instance.
-Level buffs
-Relicanth will be adding NPCs to battle here.

Cinnabar Volcano Island:
-Farewell, Staryu. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Johto doesn't have enough unique native Pokemon as it is.

Cinnabar Volcano Path:
-Magby replaced by Magmar because Voucher Prize Corner.
-Level buffs

Route 21:
-Mostly changes done to the water, same as the ocean routes and kanto water stuff.
-Level buffs

Cerulean Cave:
•Massive changes to the map's purpose.
-The spawns are completely, utterly different. This is no longer a major hunting map - sorry to say but if you want Rhyhorns, you will have to visit the safari. That being said, Marowak lovers might have a little more fun here than in Lavender Tower. Also, if you're trying to grind for a surfboard or are stuck on the other region's high level gym leaders, this will probably be a godsend.
-The levels, especially on the last floor, are majorly buffed; CC is now a training area. No more painfully training, say... Jolteons to level 99 on Gravelers and Quagsires.

•Massive changes to the quest courtesy of Relicanth.
- Due to the changes in the map's purpose, it now takes only 8 badges to enter CC 1f and 2f. If you have 8 badges but don't have a surfboard, a guy named "Cerulean Cave Aid" in Cerulean City will let you in if you talk with him.
-That being said, you can't reach B1F without having 16 badges and completing the original entrance quest. For people hurting on exp, though, it will be worth it.

On the next episode....
-Block 8 will be all the routes between Johto and Kanto, so that means places like Tohjo falls will get some attention.
-I'll be working on a topic that details the rarities, fishing system, etc for Kanto. This may be a while as there is a LOT of information to cover/double check, and University has been trying to eat my soul.

LightDragon

Rigaudon said:
Block 7 is completed. Here are some cliffnotes you can't see through the /list command.

Kanto Fishing:
- Fishing skill requirements now heavily rely on the level of the wild Pokemon. Don't expect to be level 10 and hook a level 30 Kingler, for example.
-Evolutions add +5 to the required fishing skill level. For example, level 10 Krabby might be fishing level 5, but a level 10 Kingler would be fishing level 10.
-A very few Pokemon still have a minimum fishing requirement. For example, Shellder is level 30 minimum. If its normal encounter level is higher, it will increase from there as well. (Level 40 shellder would have a fishing requirement of 35 or 40, for example.) I'll go into more detail with this later.
*-There is now a huge difference between surfing/fishing in basically all of Kanto; the ocean routes, Route 21, and Pallet town were the last strongholds of "lol fishing is useless." Johto will be receiving a similar treatment.

Water Route 19 and Route 20:
-Very different spawns and levels now. Remoraid and Corsola are here but Magikarp is gone, for instance.
-Level buffs
-Relicanth will be adding NPCs to battle here.

Cinnabar Volcano Island:
-Farewell, Staryu. I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Johto doesn't have enough unique native Pokemon as it is.

Cinnabar Volcano Path:
-Magby replaced by Magmar because Voucher Prize Corner.
-Level buffs

Route 21:
-Mostly changes done to the water, same as the ocean routes and kanto water stuff.
-Level buffs

Cerulean Cave:
•Massive changes to the map's purpose.
-The spawns are completely, utterly different. This is no longer a major hunting map - sorry to say but if you want Rhyhorns, you will have to visit the safari. That being said, Marowak lovers might have a little more fun here than in Lavender Tower. Also, if you're trying to grind for a surfboard or are stuck on the other region's high level gym leaders, this will probably be a godsend.
-The levels, especially on the last floor, are majorly buffed; CC is now a training area. No more painfully training, say... Jolteons to level 99 on Gravelers and Quagsires.

•Massive changes to the quest courtesy of Relicanth.
- Due to the changes in the map's purpose, it now takes only 8 badges to enter CC 1f and 2f. If you have 8 badges but don't have a surfboard, a guy named "Cerulean Cave Aid" in Cerulean City will let you in if you talk with him.
-That being said, you can't reach B1F without having 16 badges and completing the original entrance quest. For people hurting on exp, though, it will be worth it.

On the next episode....
-Block 8 will be all the routes between Johto and Kanto, so that means places like Tohjo falls will get some attention.
-I'll be working on a topic that details the rarities, fishing system, etc for Kanto. This may be a while as there is a LOT of information to cover/double check, and University has been trying to eat my soul.
Wow nice job Riga!!

drazen1

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
That will conclude the last route of Kanto, after which we hope to post a topic explaining the rarities and list what each Kanto Pokemon’s general rarity tier is.
when can we expect an explanation

Rigaudon

Youngster
drazen1 said:
Rigaudon said:
when can we expect an explanation

As a rule of thumb, PWO normally gets attention on the weekend, but that isn't something I can promise; the past couple of weeks have been a matter of scraping together some free time away from school.

EDIT: Have some free time tonight, will start drafting.

MCTheHaen

Small note:

It's possible to fish pokemon around level 20 in Pallet Town. That means you can beat the first two gyms easily. You should fix that.

Edit: I had to post this in the 'Feedback: Spawn Changes.' topic, sorry. :-X

Rigaudon

Youngster
MCTheHaen said:
Small note:

It's possible to fish pokemon around level 20 in Pallet Town. That means you can beat the first two gyms easily. You should fix that.

Though if you get level 20 at just two badges, I must say you are dedicated. Either that or it's easier to get to level 20 than I remember, ha.

The-Predator

Youngster
MCTheHaen said:
Small note:

even if there are 20 lvl pokemon in pallet town in the water, How are you rlly planning on catching those?? you are not supposed to have a rod when starting the game

J0X1

@kp, you can get a rod for 3k from viridian forest clearing.

The-Predator

Youngster
oh lol, a rod shouldnt be obtainable till the route where snorlax is supposed to be locking to road, haha screw the logic

BorneoBoys

Riga, I want ask you here, just feel curious.
Why I lost Def Scroll when entered the secret area (or new area) on SRR. So it's make me cannot enter the old SRR area...
What it is normal?
As I remember it, I show him Hitmonchan to enter it...

Status
Not open for further replies.