Removing extra items

SOULTAKER1994

HitmonFonty said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
i think the following should be removed too
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks
-Molten,Moltress feathers(for those who have done the quest)

Shiny rocks are still used in a mini quest.
okay il just cross it out then xD what about the others?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
SOULTAKER94 said:
HitmonFonty said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks

I'm not sure about this but I guess Monten feathers are necessary items to access some areas of Mt. Silver. I'm not a scripter but I assume it's by this way that NPCs are coded to identify if you already finished the quest then if those items got removed I guess we wouldn't more be able to enter in them.

SOULTAKER1994

julio2503 said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
HitmonFonty said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks

I'm not sure about this but I guess Monten feathers are necessary items to access some areas of Mt. Silver. I'm not a scripter but I assume it's by this way that NPCs are coded to identify if you already finished the quest then if those items got removed I guess we wouldn't more be able to enter in them.
^true .. maybe a more customized UI for the Backpack could be made in future client updates ;P a backpack that allows you to hide quest items(Important ones)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
SOULTAKER94 said:
julio2503 said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
HitmonFonty said:
SOULTAKER94 said:
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks

^true .. maybe a more customized UI for the Backpack could be made in future client updates ;P a backpack that allows you to hide quest items(Important ones)

Leveraging Soultaker's idea... Time ago someone told me about 'banned' items which ones are invisible for us, players, but they're available for staffers to 'mark' our accounts... I'm giving a shot in the dark but perhaps conventional items, like molten feathers, could be converted and done invisible for us. :p

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Added "Fishermans Hat" and "Test Tube" to the list.

Enjoy the game~

Edit: added Silver Disk to the list.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Luminance said:

Enjoy the game~

Good job, Lumi. <3
kiss.gif

SOULTAKER1994

Luminance said:

Enjoy the game~

Edit: added Silver Disk to the list.
Ty lumi <3 now gimme your valuables >_>

Sentox

I would add item 'Cocoa Beans" to that list. I got it from Cianwood if I'm not mistaken and I don't think that it is connected to any quest or smth.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Teesel said:
What about Stolen Merchandise?

Stolen Merchandise is part of a quest in Johto for pokeballs.

cocoa beans are from a quest in I think the 2011 Christmas Event and can probably go.

PhantomsCV

HitmonFonty said:
Teesel said:

cocoa beans are from a quest in I think the 2011 Christmas Event and can probably go.

I thought it was food?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
PhantomsCV said:
HitmonFonty said:
Teesel said:

I thought it was food?

You can eat cocoa beans? I recall a quest (which I never did preferring to stay on the christmas maps) during the 2011 event where someone asked us to get some cocoa beans so they could make some hot chocolate. I believe that's how it went, the reward was some of the hot chocolate.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Cocoa Beans may or may not be usable as an ingredient for Hot Chocolate (an actual healing item), accepted by an NPC of which I wouldn't remember its location off-hand, but it is not an in-battle healing item; it would be auto-sorted in the potions pocket by the client if it was. Assuming that they still are, they are technically expendable, just not in as timely of a fashion one may want from junk-collecting NPCs.

Question: if Cocoa Beans could be used as an out-of-battle healing item as Revives are—this is still hyopthetical and tenative; I can't promise this will be the condition in the future—would players mind if they were still sorted into the main Items pocket, if they're more readily expendable that way?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Isn't the Pumpkin a healing item (from what I've gathered reading the Healing Items page on the wiki)? Albeit, it may be sparse at this point, but if it's a healing item, it should be readily expendable and not clutter up the Items pocket—it'd be auto-sorted into the Potions pocket.

A Lump of Coal, on the other hand, may be disposable at this point if it was tied to an older quest—perhaps the 2011 Winter Event—that's non-existent now. More information will help if this is incorrect.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
The list will be updated with the item "Lump of Coal" after the next server restart/crash.

To note: There will NOT be any healing item on the list, so please, be patient till we sort the Healing Items' issue.

Thanks you.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Luminance said:
The list will be updated with the item "Lump of Coal" after the next server restart/crash.

To note: There will NOT be any healing item on the list, so please, be patient till we sort the Healing Items' issue.

Thanks you.
Danke~

Also, there is still an NPC in the house east of saffron pokecenter (Collector's House) which says: http://prntscr.com/35eaqb
Maybe you should remove him.. or you can just add the Junk Collector NPC in that house instead..
Also i think there is another such house, i'll waddle around and try to find it o,o