Removing extra items

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I think kidnap Note could be removed too because it have no utility since the quest was changed.[/glow]

HOF69

In light of the latest event and yet more quest items being added to our packs, I thought I'd bump this topic. As a reminder, here are some of the items that could be removed, seeing as they no longer have a function:

Secret Lab Key (Water)
Empty Bottle
Stolen Goods
Icy Essence
Kidnap Note (this was part of the old Dragon Den quest, so I assume it's no longer useful)
Slowpoke Tail
Skates
Kate's Eevee
Letter from Poindexter

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
It's interesting that items from the most recent Halloween Event were already removed, like Engraved Ring and the Key. But ones from old events and removed/changed quests are still around.

Question: Is the way like these old items was coded harder to remove? ???

Peace-Enforcer

I like to have all those items from old quests in my inventory. I feel like it is a list of accomplishments. Like Pokedex is for pokemons, my inventory is for my time spend questing in PWO. So I prefair that opton to remove certan item is optional.

Krowe

Peace-Enforcer said:
I like to have all those items from old quests in my inventory. I feel like it is a list of accomplishments. Like Pokedex is for pokemons, my inventory is for my time spend questing in PWO. So I prefair that opton to remove certan item is optional.
I think that we should consider all player types before making changes to accounts. Peace-Enforcer's an example of the type of player that enjoys exploring the world and collecting treasures, and so we should cater to that style of play as well.

An NPC that collects old items like this, and then displays them in a trophy case on the player's Playerdex profile page (with some information about the item) would be a good way to do that. It'd remove old and outdated materials from the game, free up players' inventories, and provide a platform for trophy collecting/sharing.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Update for those who wish to dispose of redundant, inessential items: Courtesty of Luminance, junk-collecting NPCs have now been intated into the Goldenrod and Celadon City department stores. :)

They will only offer to dispose of items that are completely out of use; it will not offer to dispose of key items (unreproducible items that are checked by NPCs, such as quest-required items).

EDIT: If you wish to dispose of an items that the NPCs currently are not accepting, post them here and we will examine whether they're dispensable enough or not to be removable. Just remember that for active, permanently accessible quests, some quest items may not be removable, if they must be checked by NPCs for you to retain access to a map/NPC option (as mentioned my previous paragraph).

SapphirePhoenix

I tried to get rid of the Train Pass, which I was told was no longer being used because the Transportation Ticket took over, but Collector Bruce isn't taking it (I'm at the Goldenrod Department store). Unless that is still used for something and I'm not aware of it yet?

I also tried to get rid of the extra Snake Skin from the event but he didn't take those either.

Naero

I've itemized all of the known removable items into a collapsible table on the Goldenrod/Celadon City Department store pages on the wiki. If any items are incorrect or missing on this list, it'd be appreciated if I was informed on it, to correct it.

On-topic: The only item I can think of adding, that hasn't been suggested already, off-hand (given my knowledge) would be the Solar/Lunar Amulets. They were rewarded from the 2011 Christmas Event, if I recall correctly, and have no continual use to this date if I'm not mistaken.

HOF69

Creobis said:
Update for those who wish to dispose of redundant, inessential items: Courtesty of Luminance, junk-collecting NPCs have now been intated into the Goldenrod and Celadon City department stores. :)

They will only offer to dispose of items that are completely out of use; it will not offer to dispose of key items (unreproducible items that are checked by NPCs, such as quest-required items).

EDIT: If you wish to dispose of an items that the NPCs currently are not accepting, post them here and we will examine whether they're dispensable enough or not to be removable. Just remember that for active, permanently accessible quests, some quest items may not be removable, if they must be checked by NPCs for you to retain access to a map/NPC option (as mentioned my previous paragraph).

Now that the Chinese New Year event is over, extra Snake Skins I believe are dispensable.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
The Shrine, in the lobby of the cave of the event (which all players have been relocated to today, if they were in the domain of the event areas), should automatically remove Snake Skins and other dispensable items from the event. However, we acknowledge the possibility that some players vacated the event before it concluded, thus were not required to speak to the Shrine to leave, and we understand that some leftovers do still exist—therefore the items should soon be made removable by the NPC with due course.

As for the Train Pass: the quest that rewarded it will need to be re-examined soon, to ensure that any variables interrelated with the quest aren't tampered around with if the item is removed(which would mess around in places). Otherwise, that most likely will be disposable as well.

PhantomsCV

Yeah... didn't work for me. Talked to everyone in the cave and I still have all 218 of my snake skins.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
The Junk Collectors should now check for the following items:
  • Secret Lab Key
  • Empty Bottle
  • Kidnap Note
  • Stolen Goods
  • Icy Essence
  • Slowpoke Tail
  • Skates
  • Kate's Eevee
  • Letter from Poindexter
  • Lunar Amulet
  • Solar Amulet
  • Magical Stone
  • Earth Element
  • Fire Element
  • Water Element
  • Wood Element
  • Metal Element
  • Bamboo Fairy
  • Bamboo Stick
  • Personal Letter
  • Wrapped Package
  • Key
  • Nian Hair
  • Red Sheet
  • Snake Skin
  • Dizi Flutes
  • Fishermans Hat
  • Test Tube
  • Silver Disk
  • Cocoa Beans
  • Lump of Coal
Please, if there is any useless item in your inventory, list it here and we will look into adding it to the Junk Collectors' list. :)

Enjoy the game~

PhantomsCV

Luminance said:
  • Secret Lab Key
  • Empty Bottle
  • Kidnap Note
  • Stolen Goods
  • Icy Essence
  • Slowpoke Tail
  • Skates
  • Kate's Eevee
  • Letter from Poindexter
  • Lunar Amulet
  • Solar Amulet
  • Magical Stone
  • Earth Element
  • Fire Element
  • Water Element
  • Wood Element
  • Metal Element
  • Bamboo Fairy
  • Bamboo Stick
  • Personal Letter
  • Wrapped Package
  • Key
  • Nian Hair
  • Red Sheet
  • Snake Skin
  • Dizi Flutes
Please, if there is any useless item in your inventory, list it here and we will look into adding it to the Junk Collectors' list. :)

Enjoy the game~

Uhm... where is this "Junk Collector"?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
PhantomsCV said:
Luminance said:
  • Secret Lab Key
  • Empty Bottle
  • Kidnap Note
  • Stolen Goods
  • Icy Essence
  • Slowpoke Tail
  • Skates
  • Kate's Eevee
  • Letter from Poindexter
  • Lunar Amulet
  • Solar Amulet
  • Magical Stone
  • Earth Element
  • Fire Element
  • Water Element
  • Wood Element
  • Metal Element
  • Bamboo Fairy
  • Bamboo Stick
  • Personal Letter
  • Wrapped Package
  • Key
  • Nian Hair
  • Red Sheet
  • Snake Skin
  • Dizi Flutes

Enjoy the game~

Uhm... where is this "Junk Collector"?

Creobis said:

nemo55

This is great, now you need to add Halloween Candy to the Junk Collectors' List as it is no longer useful sadly. I have 750 in my inventory... :(

HOF69

nemo55 said:
This is great, now you need to add Halloween Candy to the Junk Collectors' List as it is no longer useful sadly. I have 750 in my inventory... :(

I just noticed this as well. I have over 800 Halloween Candy in my pack, but it's no longer listed under Potions and thus not useable in battle. Is this on purpose or can we have them changed back to healing items?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Potions are a different issue. Read here:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=30741

SOULTAKER1994

i think the following should be removed too
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks
-Molten,Moltress feathers(for those who have done the quest)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
SOULTAKER94 said:
i think the following should be removed too
-Fisherman hat
-Test tube
-Shiny Rocks
-Molten,Moltress feathers(for those who have done the quest)

Shiny rocks are still used in a mini quest.