Release of new playerdex

pieoffury

Any news or updates on when the new playerdex will be released? I am mostly interested in the new guild features, specifically, wherein the leader can kick members out of the guild. This was a great feature before in the early days of pwo and I am hoping to see it up and running once again. Especially since, our guild wants to kick out all of the banned, unwanted and unknown accounts. We'd ask the staff if they could do it for us, but I'm sure there are over 50 accounts under the ones we wish to kick. Hoping this update and other updates for the guilds would improve their current status.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
While Bluerise continues to work on it on a when-and-if-available basis, hoping to land it in a releasable stage ASAP, it is still indeterminable at this time when it will be released. In addition to the Guild Central overhaul, it is a system-wide overhaul of the Playerdex, thus much of the in-development features must be released altogether—many of them interrelate to each other, as the system-wide rework of Playerdex is what's allowing them to be released.

If there is a dire reason for a particular guild member to be released—markedly misrepresenting what the guild culture is meant to be or generally causing displeasure to the guild subcommunity, and they refuse to voluntarily leave the guild—let us know, and an Admin may choose to expel a guild member if the reason is deemed valid enough. :)

In the meantime, I would advise any guild leaders to be prudent in who they are vetting to join the guild; without the ideal guild-management control via Playerdex at this time, there can not always be a timely expulsion of some problematic guild members.

pieoffury

Creobis said:
In the meantime, I would advise any guild leaders to be prudent in who they are vetting to join the guild; without the ideal guild-management control via Playerdex at this time, there can not always be a timely expulsion of some problematic guild members.

Thanks for the reply Creo, much appreciated. I do understand that each staff member has priorities in life and in game, and I am not rushing anyone. I was just curious if you guys had a target date of when it would completed. Well, none of our members are problematic, though we just want to kick out the banned accounts, the accounts who join us without informing us (I know we can make it easier by making them join via approval, but Flax is too busy), and the accounts who none of us have even heard of before. No need to kick 'em out for us, we're willing to do it once new pdex is up :)

Saurus

Banned
I'd say the new playerdex is probably available but someone is like, 'Oh hell no. Let's keep them waiting another year or so. Muhahahaha'.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Bluerise - the main guy involved with developing the new Playerdex - doesn't strike me as that kind of person really. And while I'm sure there are certain members of our Staff who might consider doing such a thing (shifty eyes) - when it comes to making improvements to PWO Services or the game itself, none of us would ever purposely hold back an update without good reason to do so.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Sorry for the delays to this. Unfortunately as such its not good news somewhat at the minute. As you may or may not know, as well as PWO - I also have studies and a job. At the moment both PWO and my paid job are getting the least attention as I have numerous projects due for my studies. Once those projects are completed (by mid-May ish), i'll be back to working on Playerdex for a good few hours a day.

*Semi-related, i'm considering a change to our release path at the moment*

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Wow, I admire you, Blue. I don't know how you have time to study, job and be always around Pwo; improving and working in something else.

I'm almost in the same boat (job, studies, pwo..) but I couldn't conciliate personal life with a game; not being so important as you're to this game.

You're awesome, mate.

P.S: I'm still excited to see the new playerdex. :p