Really low prices now days

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
A big thing is a lot of the older, richer players are no longer around, so a lot of the money from the past isn't flowing around in the game anymore, add this to the amount of newer players around now and the average person has a lot less money than they used to. Which, I might add, I see as a good thing.
There is a cap on the max amount of money you can have now, this again means players have to be mroe careful with what they throw at the rarer pokemon now, granted its still a rediculous amount of money it still adds a thought for the player, " I can only have this much".
The fact that as the game goes on, more and more rare pokemon are caught meaning there is more of a supply for players, more availablity also brings down prices.

/my 2 cents

One more thing I will add is that just because things are cheaper now does not mean that the in game economy has gotten worse, it used to be so hyper-inflated in the past it was unsustainable and harmful to all but the 'elite', a lower valued economy is good to help newer players get into it and get a better flow of money in the game. Bear in mind this is my personal views and not based on my position :p

darkdane

Well I definitely got a better idea how things should be for now. Keeping the prices how they are will help new players and older players get stuff a lot easier, but I'm still not sure if that's what we all want. :-X Thanks again for your opinions ^-^

crenel

Youngster
We're going to keep seeing topics like this until people can move past their attachments.

Darkdane your signature is too large. Remove one of the images.

If prices are lowering and no other factors have changed then the problem is obviously one or all of the following:
1. Certain Pokemon aren't "necessary" anymore due to increased variety
2. The amount of rare, uncommon and otherwise less available Pokemon has begun to catch up to the increased player count
3. People have determined that $P is an unreliable, inefficient and/or unnecessary trade commodity

1 is not a problem. That is healthy. 2 is a problem, but is one that we can't correct without facing heavy resistance (for whatever insane reason players have). 3 is a problem and will slowly begin to be corrected (wheels are in motion on that).

darkdane

crenel said:
We're going to keep seeing topics like this until people can move past their attachments.

Darkdane your signature is too large. Remove one of the images.

If prices are lowering and no other factors have changed then the problem is obviously one or all of the following:
1. Certain Pokemon aren't "necessary" anymore due to increased variety
2. The amount of rare, uncommon and otherwise less available Pokemon has begun to catch up to the increased player count
3. People have determined that $P is an unreliable, inefficient and/or unnecessary trade commodity

1 is not a problem. That is healthy. 2 is a problem, but is one that we can't correct without facing heavy resistance (for whatever insane reason players have). 3 is a problem and will slowly begin to be corrected (wheels are in motion on that).
Sorry... and thanks for your opinion too.

psylensse

Chocobo - perhaps prices were inflated, (to answer your question darkdane, I think they're inflated too) but the question is whether the prices will ever stabilize. I think for the pokemon in Crenel's second point and anything more common, there's only the illusion of limited supply; there's obviously an infinite supply, and in time this becomes more apparent. Once there is essentially an overabundant supply, the price will drop without a bottom limit. That to me is the core problem.

Crenel - is resistance really that bad? perhaps it's like every time facebook changes: initial outcry and gradual acceptance that hey, it's kinda good(?)

your third point - I've been thinking about this while taking my dog on walks: pokedollars are strange. For people buying/selling pokemon, there's value. But there's a subset who never engage in this economy. At some point for them, pokedollars are essentially worthless then. If potions worked in battle, I'd buy potions; if you could put customize your avatar, I'd do that too. As Merse and many others point out frequently, and as you're saying, for a segment of the players, pokedollars are something of an abstraction since it fails to buy anything resembling a necessity. Curious to see what "wheels" are in motion on this.

Fionavara

I agree with Choco, there is less money in the game so naturally prices have gotten lower..cus demanding high wont get the pokemon sold.
And with more and more players, more and more pokes are going to be found, and since the only players that still has high amounts of cash, by now most probably already bough everything they want, that cash pretty much is out of the economy circulation.
So what if the sellingprices are low, that just means u can buy low aswell, ad lets face it, all this is just the same arguments but turned around from when the prices was extremly high and most of us thought those prices was riddiculus aswell.
There are no even ground to get to, we can't make a perfect "set"price market it wouldn't work so we just have to live with it like in normal life...

darkdane

Fionavara said:
I agree with Choco, there is less money in the game so naturally prices have gotten lower..cus demanding high wont get the pokemon sold.
And with more and more players, more and more pokes are going to be found, and since the only players that still has high amounts of cash, by now most probably already bough everything they want, that cash pretty much is out of the economy circulation.
So what if the selling prices are low, that just means u can buy low as well, ad lets face it, all this is just the same arguments but turned around from when the prices was extremly high and most of us thought those prices was riddiculus as well.
There are no even ground to get to, we can't make a perfect "set"price market it wouldn't work so we just have to live with it like in normal life...

You hit the bullseye right on when you said there isn't really a "Set Price". But, people get use to prices as how they were originality. As for the people that just started, they see these prices as an original, normal pricing. Players that been here long enough to see that they change back and fourth like a cycle. More I think about this, it is kinda meaningless because, just like I said they will always change from high to low. I've been here for maybe a year and a few months so I can't completely say I'm use to the price changes, but now I realize it. If you all still feel like saying more about your opinions, feel free to say them :p I think each post is worth understanding and seeing.

Puar

Youngster
I think that a major component for why the economy is failing is the lack of a mart. The mart for the most part used to set the standard for prices on things that most people dont know. If I want some extra cash i could take a heracross I dont need look at the highest prices stats, look at the lowest prices stats and figure out how to price my pokemon. Now I am not going to say that prices are set by idiots who value their pixels too low but thats exactly what i am saying. There is no reason anybody should sell tokens for 2 mil each, what kindof...

anyways the mart also would allow for the economy to flow better. I for example have a few boxes worth of HR and Shiny commons that I simply dont bother with. I dont really know what they are worth. It also isnt worth my time to go through the tedious effort of going on veekun then getting an image on bulbapedia then setting it up in a shop just to get lowball offers all day (or people begging me for things) bringing it back would get people like me who are sitting on a good amount of things and distribute them to the players that would enjoy them more. then with all the extra money i make i would turn around and spend it on something very expensive.

Also on a side note, my name is Puar right? people in union seem to think im the red cross or something. "Pleaseeeee I need this"
Shut up! this is a game! there are children starving and being shot in africa. I aint got time for that!

Puar

Youngster
MaddHappy said:
With people complaining with prices why don't the Adm. just restart the game over. Start from scratch. Its a beta anyways.
I understand that people will complain on this matter, but what if you could get a chance at a S starter and legendary pokemon were catchable.

Yes some flows are in place so only one account per ip address would take care of multiple account to get a S starter.
And having an even called Legendary week (every 6 months?) where a legendary pokemon becomes catchable but it will be more hard to get than HR. Insanely Rare?

- Just a thought

You are the reason for my future nightmares.

Mega.S

Puar said:
MaddHappy said:
With people complaining with prices why don't the Adm. just restart the game over. Start from scratch. Its a beta anyways.
I understand that people will complain on this matter, but what if you could get a chance at a S starter and legendary pokemon were catchable.

Yes some flows are in place so only one account per ip address would take care of multiple account to get a S starter.
And having an even called Legendary week (every 6 months?) where a legendary pokemon becomes catchable but it will be more hard to get than HR. Insanely Rare?

- Just a thought

You are the reason for my future nightmares.

Legendary catchable never... XD
But is nice if have a tourney every 3 or 6 moths and the winer win one legendary...

Merse

Youngster
MaddHappy said:

- Just a thought

Second worst idea ever. The worst was to make legendaries permanently catchable.

Failostirion

How about renting Legendarys ?
So they would stay rare and it would take out alot of Pokemoney.

darkdane

Failostirion said:
How about renting Legendarys ?
So they would stay rare and it would take out alot of Pokemoney.
Legendary's have there name for a reason. They wouldn't be legendary if everyone can find them just like that. That's why we sometimes have Exetremely rare events that include legendary's and other great pokes. It's best to keep it how it is.

Puar said:
I think that a major component for why the economy is failing is the lack of a mart. The mart for the most part used to set the standard for prices on things that most people dont know. If I want some extra cash i could take a heracross I dont need look at the highest prices stats, look at the lowest prices stats and figure out how to price my pokemon. Now I am not going to say that prices are set by idiots who value their pixels too low but thats exactly what i am saying. There is no reason anybody should sell tokens for 2 mil each, what kindof...

This is another good thought. Mostly I figured the prices are gonna be lower since the mart isn't in-game or in the PlayerDex. Once it is I have a great feeling things will be a little bigger in prices.

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
the reason for going down the prices ..are ..
if production inceases .. prices get lower
and if production decreases prices automatically increases

like ... production of max spd and max attk of bagon is very low so prices increases
and the bagon with normal stats . are many hence prices decreases

Puar

Youngster
Ill tell you one thing, and take it for what its worth. Take advantage of these low prices on shiny rares and get away from pokemoney. Ill be hoarding pokemon that have traditionally been valuable and ill be waiting for a return of the mart. You'll see... You'll all see

darkdane

Everyone has been taking advantage of this :p and if they haven't well that is there loss.

Merse

Youngster
Mart will increase the rate of goods exchanged (i.e.: More Pokes will be sold), but it doesn't solve the problem. Those who sell Pokes ingame know the prices of the Pokes they sell, because they do it in an auction system. You barely find Pokes for fixed price. The prices are low because there are too many Pokemons caught and sold, and the Mart won't change that.

Puar

Youngster
Merse said:
Mart will increase the rate of goods exchanged (i.e.: More Pokes will be sold), but it doesn't solve the problem. Those who sell Pokes ingame know the prices of the Pokes they sell, because they do it in an auction system. You barely find Pokes for fixed price. The prices are low because there are too many Pokemons caught and sold, and the Mart won't change that.

What a mart will change is the way people value their pokemoney.

Merse

Youngster
It maybe makes it easier but it won't change the factors which influence the prices of Pokemon, so it won't influence the prices either.

Puar

Youngster
Merse said:
It maybe makes it easier but it won't change the factors which influence the prices of Pokemon, so it won't influence the prices either.

Agree to disagree. I guess we'll see when/if the mart comes