Really low prices now days

darkdane

I think we all know one thing, the prices are ridiculously low for some reason. Personally I feel that there shouldn't be a reason to put the prices down how they are now.

I don't believe the game is taking any taxes like it did a while ago so there shouldn't be that big of a change in prices. Players seems to be putting down the prices of pokemon to make their value go down as it almost seems. For example, it use to be that Metagross, Slaking's and many other pokes in that category use to be 30mil just with normal stats. Like for shinnies, Arcanine's, Rhydon's and egg's use to cost in the range 150mil-350mil. Now Arcanine's are like what, 30mil-50mil. That's a really dramatic change, especially with the great new moves it gained. Now I see Eggs and Rhydon are still around in the 150mil-250mil but that doesn't change the fact about this. I really don't know how to change this, but I wanna ask you all, would you rather have the prices how they all are now as an "Weak Economy" or have it back to the "Original Days"? Hopefully this get's to a lot of you all out there, and maybe we can all figure a way to make everyone in this game happy for this kind of situation.

Reply on the way you feel about my speech or just how you personally feel about how the economy is now. Many thanks to you all.

~Dane

mad30

Youngster
Please clarify what you mean by "original days". Back when I first joined pwo the most a player had was 50 mil. Pikachu and dratini both costed around 1 mil and ucs and shinies were somewhere between 15-25 mil.

darkdane

Sorry for not saying as for it being from last year. That's when there prices ranged around then.

Edit: Noticed we joined on the same day Mad ^^ But you probably had a different account that started in 08' or something like that my guess :p

TheWyatt2012

darkdane said:
Sorry for not saying as for it being from last year. That's when there prices ranged around then.

Edit: Noticed we joined on the same day Mad ^^ But you probably had a different account that started in 08' or something like that my guess :p

That date is from when the forums switched over. AKA, not the real date.

darkdane

TheWyatt2012 said:
That date is from when the forums switched over. AKA, not the real date.
You had to ruin then moment >...<'

Anyways, I wonder how you all feel about my thoughts on the prices of things if they should stay the same or possibly go up.

Maideza

I blame the government.

If you select me as the new Mayor of Blackthorn City, I promise that the economy will improve!

TheWyatt2012

As for my stance on this...

I feel just the opposite. I feel the prices are ridiculously high. I'm not able to play PWO as much as other people are; I'm lucky to get 1 hour a day on a school day. The most I've ever had at one time was 35 mil I believe. Overall, I know that's not a lot of money, but I've tried making a shop. No one really wants to buy anything considering the IVs mostly suck and I don't have the time to hunt something decent. Since then I've spent money attempting to get Pokemon from others in an attempt to make a profit, to of course no avail.

All the tokens that I've used to get Pokemon/Membership I got from server downtime ages ago and friends who are willing to dig into their pocket for me. I currently have 2 months of membership, some of which has gone down the drain simply due to not having enough time to utilize it. I had a friend try to buy me a Shiny Exeggcute off of someone in Trade. He was told that S Eggs are worth approximately $100 (which we use as a running gag from time to time) and that he didn't have near enough to buy it. Now I know that Eggs are valuable and a have a great moveset, and worth even more if they're shiny but...I could never see myself getting something along the lines of S Eggs, or any Pokemon for that matter, if they cost that much.

Raising the prices would make people like me, and people who are poorer than I am, fail economy-wise.

mad30

Youngster
darkdane said:

This is when I joined these forums. I joined the game oct 8th 2008

darkdane

Maideza said:
I blame the government.

If you select me as the new Mayor of Blackthorn City, I promise that the economy will improve!
I blame Lee :p

Just kidding :p but I could understand that if you could become a mayor :))

darkdane

TheWyatt2012 said:
As for my stance on this...

I feel just the opposite. I feel the prices are ridiculously high. I'm not able to play PWO as much as other people are; I'm lucky to get 1 hour a day on a school day. The most I've ever had at one time was 35 mil I believe. Overall, I know that's not a lot of money, but I've tried making a shop. No one really wants to buy anything considering the IVs mostly suck and I don't have the time to hunt something decent. Since then I've spent money attempting to get Pokemon from others in an attempt to make a profit, to of course no avail.

All the tokens that I've used to get Pokemon/Membership I got from server downtime ages ago and friends who are willing to dig into their pocket for me. I currently have 2 months of membership, some of which has gone down the drain simply due to not having enough time to utilize it. I had a friend try to buy me a Shiny Exeggcute off of someone in Trade. He was told that S Eggs are worth approximately $100 (which we use as a running gag from time to time) and that he didn't have near enough to buy it. Now I know that Eggs are valuable and a have a great moveset, and worth even more if they're shiny but...I could never see myself getting something along the lines of S Eggs, or any Pokemon for that matter, if they cost that much.

Raising the prices would make people like me, and people who are poorer than I am, fail economy-wise.
Wow... this pretty much what I've been looking for. Tbh I'm kinda in your situation for getting money wise, but I feel that there's just tons of ways to get a lot of money, but for some players like us it's really hard you just need luck. I'm not like one of those lucky guys who can find a shiny every day, but what I'm trying to say is we might be able to make it easier to get money if the prices go up. We can all hunt pokemon for that purpose to get stronger ones for our-self or for selling, but it isn't that easy when there are low prices. I can be wrong and I could be right. I'm just looking for enough responses so we can all figure this out together.

darkdane

mad30 said:
darkdane said:

This is when I joined these forums. I joined the game oct 8th 2008
I made a great guess then :p I'm not sure if you can reply to this but what are your opinion of the prices?

TheWyatt2012

Well to be honest, if you made it easier to get money and raise prices...that's kind of redundant, as it would be the same situation that we're in now.

Climbing the ladder won't do any good if the ladder keeps getting bigger.

Maideza

Listen.

I don't care how hard it is to get something like S HR, the moment you demand over the money-limit per character, you need to go away. Really. It's just stupid.

I have in all games I played been extremely fair with prices. Same here. And in this game, there's maybe... 1-2m you "need", and after that.. It's just spending on Pokémons.

Demanding something in the 100s of millions... Why? There's so little you can do with money in this game, so what's the point? In a game like WoW (I used to play it) you could at least buy some really expensive items (assume it's far worse now) - so when someone sold stuff for 100k+, it made sense (also because, the material-cost would be... 70k maybe and take ages to get).

mad30

Youngster
darkdane said:
I made a great guess then :p I'm not sure if you can reply to this but what are your opinion of the prices?
The gas prices will start to go down soon enough, til then I'll just have to try not to drive.

oh dId you mean for pwo?

darkdane

mad30 said:
darkdane said:
The gas prices will start to go down soon enough, til then I'll just have to try not to drive.

oh dId you mean for pwo?
Love the humor as always :)) Well of course I mean pwo, since sadly I don't have a car to worry about gas prices xD

MaddHappy

With people complaining with prices why don't the Adm. just restart the game over. Start from scratch. Its a beta anyways.
I understand that people will complain on this matter, but what if you could get a chance at a S starter and legendary pokemon were catchable.

Yes some flows are in place so only one account per ip address would take care of multiple account to get a S starter.
And having an even called Legendary week (every 6 months?) where a legendary pokemon becomes catchable but it will be more hard to get than HR. Insanely Rare?

- Just a thought

Merse

Youngster
Because some players spent a lot of money on getting a good UC poke. Simply resetting it and taking those away would be outrageous for them, and for those too, who spent a lot of time to build the perfect team for themselves.
And it wouldn't fix the economical issues, it would only postpone them to a later date.
The issue is this: Many player catch many good/shiny Pokemons, which means that the supply will be higher than the demand. As everyone want to sell their Pokes, they will offer them for lower prices. A Shiny Arca is really a great example, it it was about 60m 3 months ago, now it's 30-40m. It's 50-70% loss of its market price! Less valuable and more common Pokemons lost even more of their price! S Rat: 200k-0. S Tenta: 100k-a. Rhydon: 2m-50k. Pika: 250k-50k. Carvanha: 150k-0. And so on...

On the other hand, we get more and more money with ever NPC we beat and every Poke we kill, so overall there will be more money in the system than before. So the prices of the most valuable Pokemons will increase for a while, because the richest players have the money to buy them. IT will crash down too, when the rich players already have one of those Pokes and they refuse to pay such a high price for them.

What could be a solution: Make more outflow of money (items, TMs), limit the access to the best Pokes (make HR even rarer, shiny chance to lower) and make players interested in releasing their not too good Pokemons, so they would sell less on the market (giving them 0.01 tokens for them for example)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I put a huge amount of thought into this earlier, and overall came up with the concept that -barring static item prices/issues mid-game- there were advantages to this. This just what I think, could be wrong obviously.

Pretend to be a newbie that starts with 3k.

Old economy:

You can't donate.

Slaking is 30mil.
"How the hell am I gonna get that?"

This economy:
You can't donate

Slaking is 10mil
"I have slight hope for the future."

Meanwhile you still have "high end" pokemon that vets can pursue, with hundreds of millions of dollars on the stake.
*shrugs*

Jhaxius

quess ill put my two cents in. I think this all spawns from the increase in botters/hackers. The prices have dramaticly fell in my opinion because there are more and more people using bots. More and more people are catching Rares with those bots thus bringing the prices down and the economy. PWO has a major problem with botters and they only create more problems. Pwo has always had cheaters but, I have never seen it to this extent. It's trying to exterminate rates you know there out there you just dont know where. It is easier said than done (get rid of

Merse

Youngster
Giving all the trouble to the botters is short-sighted. There are twice as much players online nowadays than before, of course there are more Pokemons.