PWO Services: Downtime

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Jinji said:
narutofoxLT said:
It's cool, game back on business, but new client download sounds like version downgrade, because 1.8B>1.79. So why you did downgrade version?
I actually asked the same question when I heard the next version was being called 1.79. I don't know the logic behind it and neither I nor Blue made the decision; but Blue did tell me he thought our last version was 1.7B which I wasn't convinced was correct.
1.7B ???, but now I understand is 1.71-1.8B versions was based on 1.7B and 1.8-1.8B was based on 1.78. So release version 1.79 is more realistic.

magyarlajk

Darcia said:
magyarlajk said:
I cant run the game. I got this message:

711428881N_vtelen_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

/I used the dropbox link/download.

Can you help me, thank you. :-[

MSINET.OCX is a file required by many application in order to parse HTMLs. Download the file from here and put it in your system32 folder. If solution given isn't working try to do “regsvr32 MSINET.OCX” command via run option.

Thank you very much. :-[

After download I need to register it in cmd. Then restart, and now it works.

Thank you again. :-[

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
All you've done is complicated matters Beeta ;)

As for client, I decided to go with 1.79 after the previous client being marked as file version 1.7.0.9. Shane did mess around things...

Well 2.0 is next. :)

Valmagier

The included Spooky Skin from Chocobo is really nice, was that on purpose or a mistake? :D

SViper

Website
www.facebook.com
Bluerise said:
All you've done is complicated matters Beeta ;)

As for client, I decided to go with 1.79 after the previous client being marked as file version 1.7.0.9. Shane did mess around things...

Well 2.0 is next. :)
Yeah, Hardcoreh working hard with 2.0 version client and everyone including me are waiting patient until new client become finished.:)

Valmagier said:
The included Spooky Skin from Chocobo is really nice, was that on purpose or a mistake? :D
Same thing came into my head too, when I saw that.???

LunaticJames

Content maker
Valmagier said:
- Compiled by Jinji
- Included spooky skin

I C WHAT U DID THAR

However, this is how most PWO client skins should be made, with repeated files to be left out and drawn from the Default skin. So I approve :p

jack3dedo

how to play? i need to download a new cliente? i have pwo instaled, how to update?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Valmagier said:
It was accidentally on purpose. I remembered our client USED to have a Halloween theme and I thought that's what "Spooky" was in my own Skin folder. I later discovered it wasn't and in fact I didn't have a Halloween theme at all - but I thought it worked well as one; and as it's so simplistic with little additional file size, I decided to keep it in ;)

jack3dedo said:
how to play? i need to download a new cliente? i have pwo instaled, how to update?
Yes, you need to download a new client. Use one of the links on the first post of this topic. Just install it over your old PWO copy to update it.

zzkuroko

help please when i log in my client crash and says

Failed to init irect3D
Object variable or With block variable not set

spyke.

zzkuroko said:
help please when i log in my client crash and says

Failed to init irect3D
Object variable or With block variable not set

same here

zzkuroko

If it is already set on that then you need to go to the next step.

i did not change anything cause all of those examples are all ready on my computer but i still cant go in game

by the way this didnt work on my computer

Solution B (Windows 7 users only)

Open the Windows Menu (also known as the Start Menu)
In the Search box, type this in and press Enter - regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX
Now repeat step 1 again
This time type in the following and press Enter - regsvr32 dx8vb.dll
You should get a popup with a message similar to "Process Succeeded".

king1234

Youngster
zzkuroko said:
If it is already set on that then you need to go to the next step.

i did not change anything cause all of those examples are all ready on my computer but i still cant go in game

by the way this didnt work on my computer

Solution B (Windows 7 users only)

Open the Windows Menu (also known as the Start Menu)
In the Search box, type this in and press Enter - regsvr32 COMDLG32.OCX
Now repeat step 1 again
This time type in the following and press Enter - regsvr32 dx8vb.dll
You should get a popup with a message similar to "Process Succeeded".

If none of those can help, im guessing you have to update your direct x. Last year i had the same problem, none of thos worked for me, what i did and went and download a new version of direct x. which was direct x 11. you should check what version of direct x u got, enter " dxdiag " in start menu.

jack3dedo

i cant login now.. i have downloaded the client at spoiler. i just install and play for few minuts, and wen i go to W.C i get disconected, and now wen i click conect it show me a mensage server off.

please help?

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Lol, that skin is ooold. Don't know if it will work with this version of the client due to changes in the UI since then.

cypher7

Will there also be new quests? I saw some new NPC's at lake of rage. (Btw some tiles of the lake are buggy).

PokeSlaver

I also get the direct3d error. I tried the suggested solutions to no avail. When I run "regsvr32 dx8vb.dll" I get an error code "The module "dx8vb.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

edit: For anyone who might be having the same problem as me, go to start>All Programs>Accesories>Command Prompt and run as administrator. Type in "regsvr32 dx8vb.dll" or whatever is giving you the 0x80070005 (something to do with administrative access.)

Paceco

PokeSlaver said:
I also get the direct3d error. I tried the suggested solutions to no avail. When I run "regsvr32 dx8vb.dll" I get an error code "The module "dx8vb.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005."

edit: For anyone who might be having the same problem as me, go to start>All Programs>Accesories>Command Prompt and run as administrator. Type in "regsvr32 dx8vb.dll" or whatever is giving you the 0x80070005 (something to do with administrative access.)

Thanks, mate it really helped me a lot :)