Pwo Economy

Kaiko

Youngster
Merse said:
We're about to get there. Everyone has a S Ninetales/Arcanine already.

I don't. Therefore, not everyone does yet ;]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I think you're exaggerating. Everyone does not have shiny rares just yet. I certainly don't, nor can I afford them. However, even if people can afford to by a level 99 team early on in the game it just means the 'normal' player now has access to what paying members used to. I've seen plenty of people come and go who did just what you're saying by buying and selling UC's over the years. So you don't have to spend a lot of real money any more to get a long way quickly ingame now. I still don't see a problem. Everyone still has the choice of going through the game without doing it the 'easy way'. Nothing wrong with having more choices I say.

Merse

Youngster
From a real life economic perspective this isn't good either. Players finish the game way too fast, then leave without spending one USD on the game.
It also ruins the game of those who decided not to buy their team for themselves. What's the point of collecting Pokemons, if you can't be unique? When you say "Yes, I collected all the HRs" nobody will say "Congrats, that's quite an acomplishment", they say "I bought them for 2m months ago". You can't be proud because you caught some extremely rare and extremely good Pokemon, because everyone has it already, and most likely all of them have a better one than yours, because they bought it form the market.
So the current situation ruins not only the game of those who buy all of their Pokes form the market, but also of those, who decided not to.

darkblade210

Merse said:
From a real life economic perspective this isn't good either. Players finish the game way too fast, then leave without spending one USD on the game.
It also ruins the game of those who decided not to buy their team for themselves. What's the point of collecting Pokemons, if you can't be unique? When you say "Yes, I collected all the HRs" nobody will say "Congrats, that's quite an acomplishment", they say "I bought them for 2m months ago". You can't be proud because you caught some extremely rare and extremely good Pokemon, because everyone has it already, and most likely all of them have a better one than yours, because they bought it form the market.
So the current situation ruins not only the game of those who buy all of their Pokes form the market, but also of those, who decided not to.

so again is it just the fact that the players who were here a while ago are mad that there investments or whatever arnt worth as much now?

Hardcoreh

I thought people donate to support the game and get something as a reward, not to get 'membership' because they want some awesome / rare pokemon and their 'high' values.

Tha-Kram

I don't see the point of buying pokes, the achievement of catching your own means a lot more to me
all i need is a couple of balls and some cash to get into the Safari Zone, never had more than 1 mil and I doubt I'll ever get that much
showing off with some1 else his pokemon doesn't sound like an achievement to me >.>
but then again, I'm a TreeHugger so maybe it's just me thinking weird :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I've nearly caught all the hr's, and I don't really care if people congratulate me for it or not. None of them are epic, or none that I've checked anyway. Doesn't bother me, I enjoy the hunt. I think it's good that those who don't want to hunt for uncounted hours for rare pokes can buy them too. Something for everyone.

darkblade210

HitmonFonty said:
I've nearly caught all the hr's, and I don't really care if people congratulate me for it or not. None of them are epic, or none that I've checked anyway. Doesn't bother me, I enjoy the hunt. I think it's good that those who don't want to hunt for uncounted hours for rare pokes can buy them too. Something for everyone.

aye im not looking for a hardcore mmo ive played everquest and its brutal sometimes. As people like to say kids play these games and for people looking for a light mmo like me the economy is just right. If it goes up naturally its fine cause everything goes up but if it has to be artificially changed more often then not some part of the economy will become broken

Merse

Youngster
darkblade210 said:
so again is it just the fact that the players who were here a while ago are mad that there investments or whatever arnt worth as much now?

Sigh... Why throw pearls before swines?

darkblade210

Im just not understanding why you think the economy is a crisis right now? Some people wanna buy pokemon which the market lets them do and others just wanna farm em. Win win for everyone unless you bought something couple months ago and the price went down by half

what youve written is pearls baha funny? Thats a weird phrase though. oink oink

Merse

Youngster
Maybe that's just known in Hungary. It means why bother to make the other party to understand something when he doesn't even want to understand it.

But I make another attempt. What Horribly Rare means? It means that it is so damn rare you barely can find it. If you find it, you'll be unique, you'll be one of the luckiest guys on Earth (exaggerating). And if you want to buy it on the Market, you have to spare your money for a loooong time.
What does HR mean currently? 2-500k on the market. 1.5m if it's good, 5m if it's epic. That's not a value! You can get 500k by beating NPCs and farming in 2 days! There are two reasons: 1. There are too many Pokemons on the market and 2. Those who want to buy it doesn't have any clue about the value of a Pokemon and they call you noob if you don't sell it to them for 50k.
The situation is even worse with more common Pokemon.

Only a few months ago one HR was the value of 10 VRs and 1 VR had the value of 10 rares approximately. Currently the value of 1 HR is 2-3 VR at maximum. And the difference between the value of a VR and a Rare is even smaller. Now, either we throw out the rarity off the window and we make every species available at the same rarity, or try to restore the value of different Pokemon. Because pretending that it's HR but you can buy one on every corner, so it has not more value than any other Poke is ridiculous and pointless. I wouldn't want to see the first scenario coming, because PWOs best feature was that you had to work hard for certain Pokemon. Unlike in other Pokemon MMOs where you could get all the starters and all the legendaries without any effort.

If you want to understand what I'm saying, then we may continue our discussion. But if you willingly misunderstand what I'm trying to say, I'm done here.

darkblade210

sad i just wrote a pretty long post and my internet decided to die so i lost it so here's a quick one

but yes i understood your saying just found it weird because i guess its from Hungary and ive never heard it before.

But i do understand what your saying, i also study macroeconomics in college, that doesnt mean i have to agree with it though. I have shiny tentas and 2 houndours the problem is no one is gonna buy them. Its because they are novelty pieces. A lot of HR and VR have no real use outside of just having them for looks or names. That it why they are so cheap.

If you look at dovee's shop though you can see good pokemon that have use are still going for a lot of money.

What im really not understanding though is why you think this is bad everything you just said. For example why is 1 HR having value of 2-3 VR such a problem.

Merse

Youngster
Dovee has the most valuable Pokes on PWO, he's a bad example.
There are several HRs adn VRs which are useful but it doesn't mean their price is better. Try to sell a Lapras, an Elekid, a Dratini. You won't get even a million for a really good one. And what does it take to get a million? One week if you push it maybe. Useful Pokes haven't value either.

darkblade210

??????? ok so it takes a week to get a million. How long does it take to get a lapras. At seriously unluckiest it takes a week. Seems equal to me. Ive gotten mutiple lapras in the past 2 days so you can also say the 1 million is more paying for convenience

darkblade210

Merse said:
Sigh... OK, I give up.

LAID DOWN THE BEATDOWNNNNNNN.

Economics majors FTW.

bust seriously guys dont try artificially changing the market never works out