Pwo Economy

Jhaxius

I have been playing PWO since 2009(under other username). In my time here i have seen the pwo economy go up and down. Example: i used to sell Horsea's back in 09 for 12-15m and that was even before Kingdra was put in game. I once sold a Arca for 200m. I guess people had money to blow back then. Now the economy has hit rock bottom. Example:Aracnine usually sells for 100m+ now i see them sell for 50-60m, same for Ninetails. I saw a Abra go for 20m. Tokens, I've seen sell at its highest value of 4m(usually around 2.5-3m)I've seen sold for as low as 1m. All I'm trying to say is with the economy down right now if u have money it maybe a good time to buy but,not a great time to sell. I advise anyone to hold on to all Rares Vrs Hrs and sell when the time is right because, most like you will not get the actual value only market value.

Source: Myself-The PWO Wall Street Journal

Professor.Oak

Pretty much the same thing that was statted not too long ago here (http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=14378).
But yeah I agree with the above said. Not sure if its long term players who held a lot of money leaving the game and leaving their money on their account, or just the surplus amount of Rares that there are now due to a lot of botting/cheating.

risefromruins

Youngster
Jhaxius said:
I advise anyone to hold on to all Rares Vrs Hrs and sell when the time is right because, most like you will not get the actual value only market value.

Source: Myself-The PWO Wall Street Journal

Who's to say what the actual value is? In a free market there is no actual value. All prices are determined by the supply and demand of whatever the pokemon/item in question is.

The economy will never be returned to what is was like back in 09 (I've been playing since then as well) simply because a lot of money has been removed from the game. I think the fact that S Rares are selling for 30m-100m is beautiful. The gap between rich and new players is steadily decreasing, and yes I meant to say rich and new....not rich and poor.

HeavyPetter

I totally agree with risefromruins' post above. It's great to see the gap between regular players and super rich 'meta-players' decreasing, especially as I belong to the former category. I'm starting to think that it will actually be possible to build my dream-team in a not too distant future. :)

Tortuga

As example: Shiny vulpix/ninetales was sold for 100m for some weeks ago, now that PWO changed the moves (Confuse ray) have been changed and got to a bad move, the value have Ben decreased to 50m or less...
Not the fact that there are alot of players I'm the same route, searching and finding these pokes and now sells for less, I see more botters than I started.
And I agree to save your Rares+, because sooner or later, the famous Mart that people have been waiting for, will be coming (as I've heard and read).
Most people saying that the Eco of PWO will be more *balanced* when they can sell things in the Mart.
For me, I can't wait since I'll be able to sell token stuffs instead of selling cheap tokens now for what I think is quite low already (2-3m).

Naero

The value of all Pokemon will proportionally decline as pokemoney is continually reduced - last I was updated on the total pokemoney amount in the economy 1-2 weeks ago, it was approximately $108.4 billion. Considering that the amount of pokemoney that is currently charged for guild creation is around 1m - 0.001% of the in-game pokemoney if that's still the percentile - it came a long way from last year, when the price (based on the same percentile) was around 20m (yep, imagine 20x the current pokemoney amount in the economy). A tax reduction on pokemoney in addition to various auctioning events have really purged a large portion of the economy's pokemoney, and I like the direction the economy is headed into.

Once a long-term solution is added to prevent another excess of pokemoney (more money sinkholes, such as more items being buyable), hopefully there will be more viable methods of making money, aside from selling a valuable Pokemon; players often struggle to generate enough money for a surfboard without obtaining/selling a valuable Pokemon.

Merse

Youngster
The problem is not only with the pokemoney, it's only one side of the problem.
The other side is that we catch too many and too good Pokemons. Nowadays almost everyone has shiny Nidos, because they cost only 2 million. The market is abundant with shiny Nidos on various levels. The same goes to shiny Arca and Ninetails. You can see at least one person every day who sells one. We could say that everyone wants a shiny Arcanine. The richest players already bought one, so they won't pay 200m+ for it. The poorer, with a fortune around 100m can pay all of their money for it. When they all bought their shiny Arcanines, the price will go even lower. Why? Because we're catching shiny Growlithes all the time. I'm hanging a lot on the Help chat and almost everyday some new player comes in and asks for the price of a shiny Growlithe, because he wants to sell one.
So we catch too many of good Pokemons, supply slowly exceeds demand, which cause drastic drop in the value of the Pokemon. And Pokemon don't leave the game as money do, because you can reduce the pokemoney on the players accounts, you can introduce taxes, but you can't just take Pokemons from the players. And I know that accounts are deleted daily, but we catch far more Pokemons than delete/release.

Cleveland

Youngster
Naero said:
The value of all Pokemon will proportionally decline as pokemoney is continually reduced - last I was updated on the total pokemoney amount in the economy 1-2 weeks ago, it was approximately $108.4 billion. Considering that the amount of pokemoney that is currently charged for guild creation is around 1m - 0.001% of the in-game pokemoney if that's still the percentile - it came a long way from last year, when the price (based on the same percentile) was around 20m (yep, imagine 20x the current pokemoney amount in the economy). A tax reduction on pokemoney in addition to various auctioning events have really purged a large portion of the economy's pokemoney, and I like the direction the economy is headed into.

Once a long-term solution is added to prevent another excess of pokemoney (more money sinkholes, such as more items being buyable), hopefully there will be more viable methods of making money, aside from selling a valuable Pokemon; players often struggle to generate enough money for a surfboard without obtaining/selling a valuable Pokemon.
Is this true?

I was just told a couple weeks ago it is 20m regardless.

Can someone please confirm this as I am interested in doing this?

Cleveland

Youngster
Someone please update me on how much it currently would cost? Just tried to create and it wouldn't let me. I have like 1.8m

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
ClevelandFan said:
Someone please update me on how much it currently would cost? Just tried to create and it wouldn't let me. I have like 1.8m
It's not a fixed cost, it's based on a percentage of total ingame money which will be constantly changing.

Cleveland

Youngster
Bluerise said:
ClevelandFan said:
It's not a fixed cost, it's based on a percentage of total ingame money which will be constantly changing.
Yes I understand that. Was wondering if I could get an estimate for what it is right now.

Just tried 2.2m and no dice :(

Professor.Oak

ClevelandFan said:
Bluerise said:
ClevelandFan said:
Yes I understand that. Was wondering if I could get an estimate for what it is right now.

Do you meet the other requirements to make a guild? 100 PVP wins? 1000-in game minutes, 200 REP I think it is?

Cleveland

Youngster
Professor.Oak said:
ClevelandFan said:
Bluerise said:
ClevelandFan said:

Do you meet the other requirements to make a guild? 100 PVP wins? 1000-in game minutes, 200 REP I think it is?
Over 200 wins, over 15000 in game minutes, and almost 650 rep.

This issue is the money. That's what it says after it fails to create

Merse

Youngster
Just a random idea for fixing the economy a bit:
How about being able to release a Poke in exchange for tokens? Of course not one token per Poke, but it could be based on their rarity and shinyness. Even a HR would only worth 0.1 tokens, UC could be 1, VR 0.05 R 0.01 C 0.005 or something like that. Shinyness would multiply their value by 10. Like this, player could be motivated to release the weaker Pokes instead of selling them. It also would define a lowest price for them on the market. in the case of a HR it would be 1-1.5m, which is the value of 0.5 tokens nowadays.

meskalin

Merse said:
Just a random idea for fixing the economy a bit:
How about being able to release a Poke in exchange for tokens? Of course not one token per Poke, but it could be based on their rarity and shinyness. Even a HR would only worth 0.1 tokens, UC could be 1, VR 0.05 R 0.01 C 0.005 or something like that. Shinyness would multiply their value by 10. Like this, player could be motivated to release the weaker Pokes instead of selling them. It also would define a lowest price for them on the market. in the case of a HR it would be 1-1.5m, which is the value of 0.5 tokens nowadays.
Well no one would release really good pokes , only total worthless ones which can be caught about the same amount each day. Everything that can be sellable for 100K or more will stay in the game , im sure of that.
I think the only solution to balance the amount of pokes is to make , during the battle when poke faints , somewhat " die chanсe " or at least make chance for them to be unnable to battle forever. But some foks would think its kind of immoral so they would be strictly against that. Not to mention those who have epics and S rares :D

Merse

Youngster
Well, players sell terrible Lappys, Pikas, Gligars, pretty much everything, mostly scamming inexperienced players. Maybe if they could exchange them for tokens, they would do so because they may get more for them like that in absolute value.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Well, wouldn't the market then be flooded with bad UCs? x.x
Or they could just sell the hr for more money, and then use the money to buy tokens faster. :V
Novel idea, though. Wonder if it could be tweaked to work more effeciently.

crenel

Youngster
Professor.Oak said:
Pretty much the same thing that was statted not too long ago here (http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=14378).
But yeah I agree with the above said. Not sure if its long term players who held a lot of money leaving the game and leaving their money on their account, or just the surplus amount of Rares that there are now due to a lot of botting/cheating.

Bold: It's more likely that there's a surplus because: the encounter rate is too high + the improved stats make Shiny Pokemon overly desirable = Shiny Pokemon are in high demand and in high supply. Sure there's cheating problems but I personally believe that people aren't looking at the big picture here.

crenel

Youngster
Tortuga said:
As example: Shiny vulpix/ninetales was sold for 100m for some weeks ago, now that PWO changed the moves (Confuse ray) have been changed and got to a bad move, the value have Ben decreased to 50m or less...
Not the fact that there are alot of players I'm the same route, searching and finding these pokes and now sells for less, I see more botters than I started.
And I agree to save your Rares+, because sooner or later, the famous Mart that people have been waiting for, will be coming (as I've heard and read).
Most people saying that the Eco of PWO will be more *balanced* when they can sell things in the Mart.
For me, I can't wait since I'll be able to sell token stuffs instead of selling cheap tokens now for what I think is quite low already (2-3m).

Bold: So you're complaining that making things work more closely to how they're intended to work has stopped you from making fat cash off of overpowered and radically broken techniques.

This is working as intended. Right, moving on then.