PvP Pokemon

Rearzkinz

What are some of the good PvP pokemons?'
Want to make a team, but got no clue what the better pokemon out there are.

My main will be a Arcanine tho, other than that, no clue.

Rearzkinz

After a ****load of browsing, Metagross would be an awesome tank it seems.

BlackBloodz

First , you may wanna get some Dragons (salamance and dragointe ,, maybe flygon too) since they are common these days
Metagross would be an awesome choice , a good openner and doesn't has many weaknesses
I would suggest to get Kingdra max speed , since it's a beast
Other than that , there is pokes such as Jolteon ,,, Snorlax with high def and hp would be an awesome choice
Feraligatr is an amazing one too , since it has nice moveset , ice fang (for dragons) , Crunch , Superpower
Those are some of the most common PvP pokes , some pokes are being used less such as (execgutor , Golem , rhydon , .... )
Although , prices will be higher than you thought of some pokes so , buy what you can buy or save money (from selling Hrs , Shinies , Ubers ,,... etc)

You can make a balanced team of those, and start ur battling world

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Snorlax -uber atk hp def spdef, speed is only important vs other snorlax.
Kanghaskan- at least 23 iv speed to beat kingdras, good other stats
miltank-max speed, if uber def and HP primeape can't OHKO it, uber atk, good spatk
Dragonite
Salamence
Aerodactyl Uber atk, I like good spdef/HP so lapras/jolt can't OHKO unless using hydro pump/thunder, max speed will stop most jolts from killing it unless using thunder
Tyranitar 30-31iv speed so lapras can't be faster. good other stats too, if uber def/hp arca can't OHKO it with reversal. he kills arca with stone edge if he lives
Swampert
Flygon
Rhydon
Donphan Newer battler, needs same stats as rhydon
Arcanine
Charizard- max speed, uber atk for dragons and spatk. other stats as good as possible
Feraligatr Max speed only good for other feraligatr and non max speed dragonites
S Kingdra Max speed definitely
Espeon speed at least 13iv , uber spatk, highest def possible so dragonite can't kill it without hurricane.
S Alakazam
Sceptile Uber Spatk, at least 22 iv speed,good defenses /hp. Atk only important vs phychic pokes using x-scizzor
exeggutor (simply epic stat)
S Primeape
Heracross
Scizor Important stats- speed (at least 24 speed to outspeed ttar) atk, def, spdef, hp.
Metagross 14+ speed to outspeed ttar, uber atk def. IF it has max spdef and uber HP sometimes it'll survive an arcanine flare blitz. If uber spatk psychic can kill a primeape in one hit, if not then 2 hits
S Lanturn it's an ok battler
S Magneton Same as Lanturn
Jolteon
Lapras
Slaking (if you want to do it dirty lol)
Dragon Killers -Snorlax, Kanghaskan, Tyranitar, Espeon, Lapras, Jolteon
Slaking Killers (slaking is currently unused in battle for the most part) - S Machamp, Hariyama (uber defense, HP, and atk), Jolteon, Charizard (if speed is greater, or you're lucky), Sceptile, Starmie sometimes,Espeon sometimes, S Prime if slow slak, Epic Rhydon...im sure there are others but that's good for now.

Merse

Youngster
And that's what is my problem with the current PvP system... From the more that 250 catchable, and more than 350 obtainable Pokemon here is a list of 27 Pokemons, which are good for PvP. If they have epic stats. Not much of a variety...

mad30

Youngster
back in my day only 3 pokemon were viable in battles:
shiny gyara x3
shiny kingler
shiny slowbro

Yall young whipper snappers dont know how well off you are

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Merse said:
And that's what is my problem with the current PvP system... From the more that 250 catchable, and more than 350 obtainable Pokemon here is a list of 27 Pokemons, which are good for PvP. If they have epic stats. Not much of a variety...
Means roughly 1/10 to 1-13 pokes are good for battling...not too bad considering some pokes aren't meant to be good battlers. there are more a lot more pokemon usable but these are the particularly used pokemon to the best of my knowledge.

Merse

Youngster
mad30 said:
shiny gyara x3
shiny kingler
shiny slowbro

Why was that? What was the matter with Jolt, Tauros, Chari, Eggs etc.?

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
kaiser6tn said:
I find it weird not to see s muk being mentioned. Imo it can perform quite nicely.
Indeed. I have one, it's become a very essential part of my PWO Team and was the first ever Pokémon I ever reached Lv99 with, with Gengar the second. But it didn't do well in the last tournament I was a part of...

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Merse said:
mad30 said:
shiny gyara x3
shiny kingler
shiny slowbro

Why was that? What was the matter with Jolt, Tauros, Chari, Eggs etc.?

Lack of sp att stat/sp def stat. Every attack went with ATT and DEF.
Steel didn't have a weakness.
Lack of updated moves (tauros was crap till recent).
Literally no status effects worked- that means no paralyze or poison.
Shiny stat boost gave 20% EXTRA stats. If it wasn't shiny, it generally wasn't useful
Hyperbeam was full power and Gyara has good attack stats. Slowbro is a DEF tank, meaning it would absorb all hits pretty well.

Several issues like that...

Also people don't realize how viable other pokemon now. Tried a Blaziken yet? How about a Golduck? They're both pretty boss imo. People keep clinging onto a list without thinking outside the box. =P

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Jinji said:
kaiser6tn said:
I find it weird not to see s muk being mentioned. Imo it can perform quite nicely.
Indeed. I have one, it's become a very essential part of my PWO Team and was the first ever Pokémon I ever reached Lv99 with, with Gengar the second. But it didn't do well in the last tournament I was a part of...

I'd need to ask how long was that, because when it's moveset got updated it got some interesting moves, best one of those imo being gunk shot. Taking muk's bulkiness into account it could be used to counter some commonly seen pokemon, especially sp.attackers.

psychosamm

Youngster
kaiser6tn said:
he said " there are more a lot more pokemon usable but these are the particularly used pokemon to the best of my knowledge.". I'm sure eco know about many other possibilities XD

Mallow-

Youngster
[glow=green]I like Muk! And I have a Grimer in PWO, but not a Shiny one :( Smells like a mission![/glow]

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
kaiser6tn said:
Jinji said:
kaiser6tn said:

I'd need to ask how long was that, because when it's moveset got updated it got some interesting moves, best one of those imo being gunk shot. Taking muk's bulkiness into account it could be used to counter some commonly seen pokemon, especially sp.attackers.
Keke... I guess 66lbs of thick sludge IS pretty bulky. And to answer your question - it was the Legendary Cup, you tell me.

HeavyPetter

I have a S muk in my team! Its one of my favourites, but sadly its very hard to use slow pokes. Fast ones generally perform way better, getting in an extra hit before they die, and having the upper hand in those oh so common matchups where the opponents are super effective against each other. If more attacks were required to end a battle slowness wouldn't be such a big thing, but right now I think that speed is the most important stat.