Prove a negative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algiers

Darcia said:
-I didn't mentioned above but I am going to mention it here. Those things are lacking of a privacy. That is why I am looking forward to a new playerdex. Pretty sure there is like 0,5% chance that someone who is not guilty actually can suffer of a higher form of judgment but then again it was not possible to prove opposite. That can be explained more like lacking of prof material from a convict and that would make those 0.5% to 0.3%.

0.5% is an extremely high rate of error if it's about banning players. Imagine giving the death penalty to 1000 convicts - turns out 5 innocents were butchered. Whoopsie! It's all for the greater good though, isn't it? ::) Puar has mentioned that the staff has very powerful methods to detect botters. Clearly it isn't infallible though, and the moment one false conviction happens, the system gets discredited. After that, nobody trusts the GMs anymore, and legit players have to reduce their efficiency and freeze when a staff member is around just to avoid the tiny but significant chance of getting mistakenly banned.

Merse

Youngster
You do realize that that 0,5% was only a random number? Most likely it is way lower than that. Just count how many appeals ended up with the ban removed, and then take into account that according to the staff, not even 10% of the banned players make an appeal, because the majority knows exactly how they violated the rules and why they were banned, and they don't waste their time on pointless appeals. I think you will get a VERY small number.
And a fun fact: According to the statistics, about 2% of the executed death penalties in the USA are later proven to be wrong. I think our staff does its law enforcement job fine.

Nikola

Youngster
Will add "if 0.05%" as correction for that quote. Wasn't strictly saying that it is happening though.

youkaiwolf

TheWyatt2012 said:
youkaiwolf said:
what the is botting and speedhaking anyway and how do i make sure that i have prof i don't do either cuz i do tend to stay in one place hunting alot

Speedhacking is when you're going incredibly fast, moreso than what the game allows for; typically faster than the bike. Speedhacking goes hand in hand with botting. You'd need video evidence to prove it, though it's easier to catch botters that aren't speedhacking with the tools and resources that staff has. Botting can be also when you're moving in a distinct pattern and you're not actually playing the game. Easiest way to determine if someone is doing this is by private messaging the play; if they don't respond and they're still battling it usually means they're botting.

thank's

Status
Not open for further replies.