Pokemon sprites can move ;)

hamzasrk

i was thinking about making the the battles more realistic buy using some GIF sprites if it possible ... i don't know if thats need a new client or just an updat but i think its will be cool to see pokemon moving maybe like that ( and why not attaks too basing on X Y sprites )

exemples in spoiler
Front
aerodactyl.gif
absol.gif

Back
aerodactyl.gif
absol.gif

atk 1
aerodactyl-2.gif
absol-2.gif

atk 2
aerodactyl-3.gif
absol-3.gif

Saurus

Banned
hamzasrk said:
i was thinking about making the the battles more realistic buy using some GIF sprites if it possible ... i don't know if thats need a new client or just an updat but i think its will be cool to see pokemon moving maybe like that ( and why not attaks too basing on X Y sprites )

exemples in spoiler
Front
aerodactyl.gif
absol.gif

Back
aerodactyl.gif
absol.gif

atk 1
aerodactyl-2.gif
absol-2.gif

atk 2
aerodactyl-3.gif
absol-3.gif

I was thinking of this earlier. It would be really cool so I support your suggestion.

Merse

Youngster
It was already suggested, but if I remember correctly, the client currently can play an animation only once, not continuously. And it uses BMPs for sprites, not GIFs. Unfortunately.

hamzasrk

Merse said:
It was already suggested, but if I remember correctly, the client currently can play an animation only once, not continuously. And it uses BMPs for sprites, not GIFs. Unfortunately.

i think PNGs for sprites anyway the are not animated eaither :p so we can expect that for the far futur :p

SapphirePhoenix

Yep, the sprites are .png and although apng does exist, apng Pokemon sprites don't have compatibility with the current client either (the client only displays the first frame). I would love to see animated sprites in the future, even if it was only found as an addon in a custom client skin.

hamzasrk

SapphirePhoenix said:
, even if it was only found as an addon in a custom client skin.

thats what i was working on but it still need a compatible client ... :/

Merse

Youngster
All the sprites are available on Bulbapedia. If there would be a way to use them in PWO they would have been implemented already. Let's hope that Hardcoreh's new client will support GIFs.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Merse said:
All the sprites are available on Bulbapedia. If there would be a way to use them in PWO they would have been implemented already. Let's hope that Hardcoreh's new client will support GIFs.
We're always waiting too many things from the new client/playerdex... hmm

Buggot

Wow, I think this suggestion would come way later in the future, as the official Pokemon Handhelds have just gotten started with them :eek:

Crypsis

After having closer look into the client I've noticed that there is no .gif function. It doesn't even support .png frame loop so APNG (animated png) would be out of the question, at least for battle effects. It gives an redundancy error in return. Perhaps someone with the source code can add the function. It wouldn't be hard at all, the function script is more or less "universal" seeing that application has been written in Visual basic. Cryps

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Crypsis said:
Perhaps someone with the source code can add the function.

None of the currently active staff have access to it, that is the main reason we are building a new client.

Crypsis

Fair enough HitmonFonty. That explains the lack of client development. I guess that a new client is going to be written in C++ code, just read about that. Thanks once again for clarification. :)