Poison super effective against bug?

pieoffury

1. Pinsir is a pure BUG type pokemon.
Sludgebomb is a POISON type attack.

2. Heracross is a BUG/FIGHTING type pokemon.
Sludgewave is a POISON type attack.

Bug type is weak against fire, rock, and flying.
Someone should probably fix this because currently, poison is super effective against bug pokemon :p
4XzLM3x.png

Tendou

Actually the move aint wrong, the handheld indeed had bug with poison weakness, we just need wait someone to update the new bug chart and some moves like seismic toss and night shade cause they still follows Gen I

Gobfather

I thought PWO was type matchups and movesets based off of gen 5? poison was only super effective against bug on gen 1, then removed. IMO it should be removed and made nuetral

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Gobfather said:
I thought PWO was type matchups and movesets based off of gen 5? poison was only super effective against bug on gen 1, then removed. IMO it should be removed and made nuetral

The battle scene sounds a bit confused to me... Few moves from Gen 1, the majority from Gen 5 and priority from Gen 4... any more? :eek: ???

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm not sure why night shade and seismic toss were made typeless but I never considered it was to make it in line with gen 1. I always thought that it was to give those pokemon with limited movesets and no TMs a chance to hit pokemon they otherwise couldn't. Such as gastly not being able to hit normal pokes and machop not being able to hit ghosts. And of course the fact that those moves are broken and can actually be very useful at higher levels, dealing a good amount of damage regardless of the defense of the pokemon they are attacking. The first reason isn't as big of an issue anymore- well maybe for machop still- but the second is still a factor- keeping them typeless is one way of assuring that at least the type of the other pokemon doesn't add to their defense against the moves.

Tecknician

dodo_ernesthbk said:
Poison has always been super effective on bug type pokes
Wrong, only in the first gen.

Bug types have always been not very effective on poison pokemon however.

Belemuel

Empress Teck said:
dodo_ernesthbk said:
Poison has always been super effective on bug type pokes
Wrong, only in the first gen.

Bug types have always been not very effective on poison pokemon however.

Just going to leave this here.

fptXm9n.png

0FIpDwZ.png

They were mutually super effective against each other in gen 1 :p

Gen 2 onwards poison was 1x against bug
Bug was .5x against poison

ImmaPotato

well i wonder y noone noticed this before. its been here for a while and only pew and i noticed it by accident.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
julio2503 said:
Seismic toss and other moves like natural gift also affect ghost-types. ???

Moves in the bracket of Seismic Toss — alongside Night Shade, Natural Gift, and Judgement — all deal typeless damage, meaning they deal neutral damage modifiers across the board. This is to bring them closer in line with their type-modifier properties in the handheld games; Seismic Toss dealt typeless damage in the handheld games as well, aside from being completely ineffective against ghost-type Pokemon, for example.

Rigaudon

Youngster
bivu said:
well i wonder y noone noticed this before. its been here for a while and only pew and i noticed it by accident.

Sir, don't mind me, but it has been noticed before. Just 98% of those people never bothered to report it.

Regards, let this be a lesson to all. If you want something noted, especially if its something small, report it. Kudos to those who are beta testing as intended.

Saric

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
bivu said:

Sir, don't mind me, but it has been noticed before. Just 98% of those people never bothered to report it.

Regards, let this be a lesson to all. If you want something noted, especially if its something small, report it. Kudos to those who are beta testing as intended.
Seeing as how this is the way it's been for years, I can assure you that, at some point, someone has reported it. Just not very recently.

pieoffury

Yes I have heard that this has been reported in the past but as my practice, whenever I do see a bug or a tile error on a map, I immediately report it