Playerdex: A warning to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Hello there.

Recently there has been a website that keeps being spread by a number of users which is a fake version of the Playerdex. This appears to be advertised mainly at times when the Playerdex is offline. Now this may sound a little rude to some players but can Players think carefully before entering details. So far we've been lucky that we've been dealing with them pretty quick however the fact still remains that people are entering on fake Playerdex sites.

The question players should be asking themselves is why does PWO not link to x website from the Playerdex? The answer to this of course is that it isn't set up by the PWO Staff.

If you see anyone post a fake Playerdex - take the following steps:
  • Report the post via the Report button
  • Screenshot the post with evidence of x link, linking to a fake Playerdex and send it to myself
  • Notify users via the topic itself not to go on said link

If you happen to go onto the fake Playerdex and attempt to log in, take the following steps if possible:

For those of you who are too late to take the above steps, do the following:
  • Speak to myself or any other PWO staff who are usually around in the Discord (spoiler below with details)
  • We will temporarily banned your account and reset any details (excluding passwords) that have been updated
  • You must request a password reset and then update your password in the Playerdex once you have logged in

This is the current domain for the Playerdex - https://playerdex.pokemon-world-online.com//.
Any others are fake. If you get a Playerdex link via PM or see one in a post, hover over it - both Opera and Google Chrome display the web address (unable to confirm for other browsers). If you do click on a link - extra check the address in the address box.
Also note that we use HTTPS Encryption on all our websites now - so if you don't see a padlock next to the address in your browser, get out of there!

We will not be assisting anyone from this point on with tracking down Pokemon due to this.

Discord Details
You can join from the main website - https://pokemon-world-online.com/chat.php

The main active PWO staff who visit the IRC are: (This list is outdated and some of these are no longer with us.)
  • Myself (reborn/takuku)
  • Chocobo7 (Chocograph)
  • mad30 (durnam is the usual)
  • Pansy
  • Zidane (Kaiko)
  • Arenya
  • Aevero (Lunatic)
  • GrumpyOptimist (Zeb)
Blue ~

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Bluerise said:
Any others are fake. If you get a Playerdex link via PM or see one in a post, hover over it - both Opera and Google Chrome display the web address (unable to confirm for other browsers).
I can confirm this for Firefox too.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Chocobo7 said:
Bluerise said:
Any others are fake. If you get a Playerdex link via PM or see one in a post, hover over it - both Opera and Google Chrome display the web address (unable to confirm for other browsers).
I can confirm this for Firefox too.
Also Seamonkey, which is derived from Firefox and Thunderbird.

naliorf333

Youngster
Hope no one will be a victim again on this hack..

also Admin Bluerise..you can unban my account now..thanks..

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Merleawe said:
It's really disgusting that people would try and pull something like this. I'll keep a lookout for fake links then.
Indeed it is, Merleawe. But some mortals are disgusting creatures. It is a good thing PWO has so many honest and friendly players to counter the bad apples.

PkmnMasterRed

As if you guys dont have enough to worry about.

Thanks Bluerise for providing this crucial information. I will do what I can to spread the message.

Faabz.

Youngster
Thanks for the information Blue if i spot anything i'll let you know ;)

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
To further expand on this, a number of PMs are currently being sent to our forum users (and is being advertised around Youtube) about a hack. Don't download unless you no longer want your account - and i'm not referring to us banning it. ;)

Stank

Youngster
also just to note

if you make a report about being sent a link to the hack

DO NOT POST THE ACTUAL LINK TO
THE HACK IN THE COMMUNITY WATCH

guess what that does? spreads it around so more people can click on it trying to hack and cheat and end up losing their accounts.
Please edit the link out when making a topic to avoid as spreading it as much as possible.​

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Stank said:
also just to note

if you make a report about being sent a link to the hack

DO NOT POST THE ACTUAL LINK TO
THE HACK IN THE COMMUNITY WATCH

guess what that does? spreads it around so more people can click on it trying to hack and cheat and end up losing their accounts.
Please edit the link out when making a topic to avoid as spreading it as much as possible.​
A better idea would be to forward the PM to us Staff, so the link is kept away from public eyes. Of course, that's not to say you shouldn't still report them.

blackflames5718

I have an idea on how to not run into fake playerdex sites you could bookmark the playerdex site so you dont run into fake playerdex sites.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
blackflames5718 said:
I have an idea on how to not run into fake playerdex sites you could bookmark the playerdex site so you dont run into fake playerdex sites.
I wish more people would follow similar logic.

Joaquin9012

Is the Playerdex in twitter fake????...... i might be able to get back with the updates thanks u all

G

Also guys you changed the website to pokemonworldonline.net instead of pokemon-world-online.net ?

Status
Not open for further replies.