Petition: Higher level wild Pokemon (poll added)

If PWO added a map with stronger Pokemon, what levels would you like to see?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-70

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 70-80

• 80+

• Total voters

HOF69

So after countless hours over the years of painful training in Mt. Silver 5F (while waiting for my NPCs to reset), I decided to make this topic. I believe that it's time for a change, and by that I mean the addition of a map with significantly higher level wild Pokemon to make training easier. I don't think any player will disagree that training a Pokemon to level 99 in PWO is a painful and unnecessarily long process. Strong NPCs make for quick and easy training, but you can only use them once every two weeks, and you use them all up on basically one Pokemon. Mt. Silver 5F currently offers the best place to train on wild Pokemon, but only has high 40 and low 50 spawn levels. I should note that Dragon's Den has higher level Pokemon, but they offer less experience than those in Mt. Silver because they are not evolved (e.g. Zubat in Dragon's Den vs. Golbat in Mt. Silver).

I would like to propose that staff add a map with much higher level wild Pokemon. No, I don't mean level 70 Zubats, Woopers and Magikarps. I'm talking about level 70+ Golbats, Gravelers, Tangelas, etc. (i.e. Pokemon that offer more experience per battle). As for the location of this map, an extension to Mt. Silver or Cerulean Cave could possibly work. Training is far too difficult in PWO, and I believe this is a needed change. I have added a poll to this topic to see what level spawns players would prefer.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I do agree with you but I doubt any change is planned until Spawn Project advance. Although I gave my vote. :)

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Why not use a Victory Road for that when it is added? But instead of one that has a similar layout to the handhelds, one that is divided in areas (cave area, water area, grassland area and so on), as that would make it more 'type friendly' to pokemon with types that aren't favored in matchups against the more common cave spawns.

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
I agree in that pwo staff should really consider the idea of implementing higher level pokes. Such inclusion would not affect pwo in any negative way as far as im concerned but quite the opposite, it will allow players to have more fun by getting a hold of much more pokemon for their level 99 teams due to the faster rate of leveling and will have more time battling than spending hours leveling.

Pretentious

KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Why not use a Victory Road for that when it is added? But instead of one that has a similar layout to the handhelds, one that is divided in areas (cave area, water area, grassland area and so on), as that would make it more 'type friendly' to pokemon with types that aren't favored in matchups against the more common cave spawns.

This is an excellent idea. Since the area will be off-limits until the player has acquired 16 badges, it will serve as the ultimate EXP farming grounds for players to get their Pokemon to level 99. They could actually even keep the map very similar to the old Victory road because I think all of the terrains which you listed are in that map. But if they wanted to create their own map, then that would be great too :)

While this next idea might not be popular, I also think that if areas such as these are included, then they should NOT include any HR or valuable Pokemon. The purpose of these maps should strictly be to grind EXP. If they also include great Pokemon, I'd be somewhat disappointed.

Make it happen!

filipy

well, I think an excellent idea because the current system leaves much to be desired in relation to exp, forcing us to level up in gyms.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Pretentious said:
KaiTheLoneWolf said:

This is an excellent idea. Since the area will be off-limits until the player has acquired 16 badges, it will serve as the ultimate EXP farming grounds for players to get their Pokemon to level 99. They could actually even keep the map very similar to the old Victory road because I think all of the terrains which you listed are in that map. But if they wanted to create their own map, then that would be great too :)

While this next idea might not be popular, I also think that if areas such as these are included, then they should NOT include any HR or valuable Pokemon. The purpose of these maps should strictly be to grind EXP. If they also include great Pokemon, I'd be somewhat disappointed.

Make it happen!

Victory roads only included more than one kind of area in Unova (gen 5). Every victory road previous to that gen was a cave and while kalos' has 'outside' areas to it, no wild pokemon appear there outside of surfing, as the outside areas lack tall grass.

Pretentious

Sigh.

I was referring to the combination of Route 23 and Victory Road (since, neither are in game yet, and one leads to the other). Route 23 (from FRLG) has water, two separate sections of tall grass, and an entrance to the cave (Victory Road).

Tobias01

I think the idea of HOFF is too successful, this will make the game more competitive and exciting call new players who like the duel.

Mega.S

I also agree with HOF. For example they can create the map of that deep part in DD, where the old guy say that are dangerous pokemons... The staf can place there Golems and Golbats or Crobats or other pokemons Lvl 70+ all we need is pokemons that give more EXP...

Rigaudon

Youngster
I think it's been noticed by a couple of people with sharp eyes, but for those of you that haven't taken a close look at the spawn project yet, there's been a trend of level increases for about each time a block has been released. ;)

darkshadow.

Rigaudon said:
I think it's been noticed by a couple of people with sharp eyes, but for those of you that haven't taken a close look at the spawn project yet, there's been a trend of level increases for about each time a block has been released. ;)

Be released now , not in 2017