Permanent block system. This is necessary.

Electrofreak

We need a block system. We have a friend system, but it's unreasonable to expect people to have to /ignore 10+ people every time they log in. When I ask people who often times waste my time, insult me, etc to not pm me, I am often met with rude responses even if I close the pm requesting non-contact in a civil manner.

Furthermore, if I were to report these individuals for explicit contact, I would have no screenshots, since I have no way of screenshotting the chat box in a way to prove the only thing I said was to please not pm me again. If I don't close the box to screenshot, then "You could have said something to cause a response," to potentially create a false report. There is no way to report harassment by people who make comments in relation to old conversations, that just will not leave you alone. I do not think it is reasonable to screenshot every single chat box I make, just to be able to report someone!

It makes my time on this game less enjoyable to have to continually deal with thorns in my side for people who refuse to leave me alone. Can you please make this a priority on the updates? I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely,
Electrofreak

genell

Yea I support this, a player-based perma ignore list would be very useful, I myself have been harassed by people that I've had to /ignore on a daily basis.

And I know alot of the older, more respected players of the community will support it also, many having to deal with people that make daily pwo life a living hell.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I agree that there's a solid argument for making an ignore system that actually persists between sessions. I actually talked with Shane about whether we could make the current client store an ignore list, back when he was still here - my suggestion was to have the client support an "ignore" file (such as ignore.txt or ignore.cfg) that was just a list of names you wanted ignored, to be loaded up on each new session. Of course now Shane isn't here this is unlikely to happen in the current client, but I'll raise the idea up with Hardcoreh to see if we can have it in our future client.

The reason why /ignore isn't permanent right now, is that there's actually no storage currently for an ignore list. The database doesn't have a column for one like it does for friends (actually I think the ignore command may not even be server-sided, but I will need to check this), so the client itself simply keeps its own list and does the "blocking" itself; however the client doesn't store the list either, so when you close the client the ignore list gets wiped. My suggestion above is a simple solution which I hope to see added; but what would be better is to have an ignore list database-side too so it's actually tied to the account and can be loaded in as part of the character data. This is certainly something to be discussed.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Jinji said:
Of course now Shane isn't here
Does the Playerdex lie? :p
Voy9JEI.png

Electrofreak

Jinji said:
I agree that there's a solid argument for making an ignore system that actually persists between sessions. I actually talked with Shane about whether we could make the current client store an ignore list, back when he was still here - my suggestion was to have the client support an "ignore" file (such as ignore.txt or ignore.cfg) that was just a list of names you wanted ignored, to be loaded up on each new session. Of course now Shane isn't here this is unlikely to happen in the current client, but I'll raise the idea up with Hardcoreh to see if we can have it in our future client.

The reason why /ignore isn't permanent right now, is that there's actually no storage currently for an ignore list. The database doesn't have a column for one like it does for friends (actually I think the ignore command may not even be server-sided, but I will need to check this), so the client itself simply keeps its own list and does the "blocking" itself; however the client doesn't store the list either, so when you close the client the ignore list gets wiped. My suggestion above is a simple solution which I hope to see added; but what would be better is to have an ignore list database-side too so it's actually tied to the account and can be loaded in as part of the character data. This is certainly something to be discussed.

I'm pretty sure if you put this in game, I would take you on a romantic evening through the Bahamas.

On a serious note, I would think a LOT of players would highly appreciate this! Thanks for letting me know its being talked about as well. This would make so many people's lives easier.