Not an ordinary stuck... REALLY NEEDS SOME ADM HELP!

Merse

Youngster
I already met this issue before. Then it disappeared. Time to tome it disappears, then reappears again. I'm confused, I have no idea what causes it. I restarted my PC? reinstalled PWO, restarted in safe mode then normal mode...

Basically when I log into the game, I'm stuck for about 20 seconds, no matter where I am. even in the centre of the Pokecenter, or in a cave, or on a route, I can't move for several seconds. Then I become able to move, but if I pass by anything I can interact with (NPC, a sign, Pokemoncenter PC etc.) it starts talking to me/opens. But when the text of that particular NPC ends, it starts all over again immediately! I can't move, I can't finish the conversation, can't close the PC box window, I can't do anything, but relog and hope that I won't be stuck and it won't start talking to me when I press a button.
It's like my spacebar would be stuck except it isn't. If I try to chat, I can use it without an issue.... I have not the slightest idea what to do here and I start to get concerned... Maybe my PC was hacked and/or someone tries to attack PWO via my account? I'm running out of ideas.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Re: Stuck, NPC keeps repeating phrases etc...

Check in your task manager while it is running and see if PWO is hogging your resources. It's quite capable of doing that and it can cause it to freeze and crash.

Merse

Youngster

But it doesn't freeze. I can chat for hours if I wish. I just can't do anything else :)
By the way, I did that, but it doesn't consume more memory than it usually does.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

I doubt it's related to the money script. It may be related to the other glitch going around with map problems- I guess. Some find that is account related so it's worth trying a different account.

Merse

Youngster

But I have only one account.... And I don't want to start a new account because of a glitch... :-\

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

You may not want to, but it's worth making a new account to see if this glitch is account related. If it does turn out to be account related they will probably move all your stuff over to the new account, as much as they are able anyway if the glitch turns out to be persistent.

Merse

Youngster

Oh joy... The issue is the same with an alternate account...
Anyone have ANY idea what should I do?

Merse

Youngster

Cool. I made a clear install of WIn 7. Wiped out every system files, formatted the system disc, removed every reference ever made on PWO from my PC.
I AM STILL STUCK! I made an Alternate just to see if it's chracter-related. Now one character is stuck in front of the Goldenrod PC Computer, the other is in front of the first NPC on the starter island. I can't move, all I can do is open the PC system (which I can't close then) and talk to the NPC (who keeps talking).

I tis annoying in itself, not to mention that my MS is running out and precious time of preparing the Official Tournament is wasted ;D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Got access to another PC you could try on?

Merse

Youngster
Thanks for the tip, I didn't think about that. I managed to unstuck one of my characters on my brother's PC, I left the other as it was (in theory: in stuck). Then I logged in with both of them and they were unstuck and I can walk around without a problem. It is yet to seen that reinstalling my PC fixed the problem permanently... But now it works.

Merse

Youngster
AAAAAAND the issue just appeared again... Nothing makes me angrier than a goddamn machine what ****s with its master! I have not the slightest idea what could cause this... I only installed media players Utorrent and Daemon Tools and standard Windows updates since my last post.... For a while it worked, now it doesn't...

EDIT: It just came into my mid: I set up fixed IP for myself, because some programs which use Internet work faster that way. Could it cause the problem?

EDIT2: I found out more about this issue. If I'm in the middle of nowhere, I can't move until I hit spacebar for the first time. Then I can move, but when I pass an NPC the speech-loop occurs. But I don't seem to have any issue with any other program, except PWO. And only walking, because if I don't pass any NPC, I can chat. Of course if I'm stuck by an NPC, spaces won't appear, because any time I hit spacebar, it takes me to the next message.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
When did this first start happening for you? Are you saying the glitch is occurring on both computers?

Merse

Youngster
It happened about a few days, maybe even a week ago first. After a while it just vanished, I could continue to play. This happened two more times, I always managed to save myself by using an escape rope. In the end I was stuck at the Goldenrod PC, that's when I decided to reinstall my Win. It didn't help, so following Blue's advice, I downloaded PWO to my brother's PC, logged in from there and it worked fine. I logged out, logged in on my PC, it worked fine there too for a while, then it happened again.
I tried to replace my keyboard and mouse by instinct, and I got unstuck but I don't know if there is a connection, because then I put my old mouse and keyboard back and currently everything works...
The strange thing is, that everything except PWO works and worked perfectly, without any issue, and even in PWO, I could login/logout, chat, etc. normally. Everything, except of interacting with NPCs, signs and the PC System.

Merse

Youngster
And it happened again.... Don't tell me I won't be able to play PWO until the next client comes out :'(

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Can you give a comparison of settings between both computers, as thorough as possible? (IF I am understanding correctly and one works fine while the other has the issue.)
That includes language settings, anything that could affect the client/graphics, and any firewalls/things that may restrict access.
Most of the time, if something works on one PC and not the other, it's some setting somewhere. (Remember the black bar bug, and this 'perma black map' glitch that's related to antivirus?)

Merse

Youngster
Well, I made it work on any other computer but mine... And the strange thing is that it worked for months without an issue, now it doesn't work even after a reinstall. What can it be that sends something

My specs are:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Processor 2.8GHz
4 GB of RAM
AMD AM3 ASUS M4A78LT-M mATX motherboard
Nvidia GTS450 1gb PCI-e GAINWARD graphics card

I have both Win 7 x64 and Win XP x86 (both English) installed but it works on neither.
I use AVG free as an antivirus and COMODO Firewall. But I used both for more than a year, and they worked fine with PWO so far. Currently all else what is installed on my machine are drivers, Utorrent and DAEMON Tools. And of course I didn't wiped out my other hard drives, only the system drive and I deleted PWO before I reinstalled Windows.
Did any of these gave you any idea...?

A little bit of more information: OCASIONALLY when I start PWO, I'm stuck at the "Loading [MAPNAME]" screen. It doesn't loads the map, I can't clock on the "X" or the "_" buttons either, all I can do is open Task Manager and terminate PWO. But then I can log in just fine, and it happened to me several times before this bug came up the first time, so I don't think it's relevant...

EDIT: I'm really into this bug hunting thing now: Currently I'm stuck by an NPC who has a one-line text. Now if you click anywhere ingame, it works like a spacebar, so you can step to the next line if an NPC talks to you. In my case, if I click, with the mouse, the NPC tells me his one line phrase again, but if I click a second time it disappears. So it's like when I hit the spacebar, the game thinks I hit it twice or something....

EDIT2: But apparently it isn't true if the NPC has more than 1 line of text. My Alternate is stuck by one with 2 lines and he keeps talking no matter if I hit the spacebar or click with the mouse.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Here's a random thought, check your Windows updates log and see if any have happened as of late.

Professor.Oak

Here's a more random thought, switch out your keyboards with your brothers and see if it still has the same issues. Probably not the issue, but worth a try :p

Merse

Youngster
Bluerise said:
Here's a random thought, check your Windows updates log and see if any have happened as of late.
It doesn't seem to depend on Windows updates. I had the issue before and after installing SP1 on Win 7 alike, and I had it on Win XP as well, although I didn't install any update on it yet.

Professor.Oak said:
Here's a more random thought, switch out your keyboards with your brothers and see if it still has the same issues. Probably not the issue, but worth a try :p
I did that. It solved the issue once, but next time it didn't...

By the way, at the moment I'm unstuck. God knows how long...

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
No idea if this is helpful info, but one extremely odd bug was caused by the user's Computer Language not being in English. It could go beyond your graphical setup.

If you have any settings on your computer that could interfere with Visual Basic or Directx, you should try changing them.
I don't personally have that knowledge so I can't help you there. =(