New light for PWO [VOTE HERE]

Do you guys want to give a shot to Luminance as a PWO Developer?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

• I don't have enough information regarding this issue to make a well informed decision

• Total voters

Nikola

Youngster
Luminance as server DEVELOPER.

1.) Works with C++ for a living and currently employed as software engineer and getting payed for it.
2.) Posses type of knowledge in areas where current staff sees no way out.
3.) Solves code issues with ease where current staff are baffling for ages to fix.
4.) Currently member of PWO staff under Human Relations as former PWO scripter.
5.) Was nominated by me as a DEV back in day.
6.) Want's to do DEV stuff having no desire for power.
7.) Has clean and pure motives and his love for the project is genuine.

- Shortly after being nominated for a DEV he got a NO without even being tested from a person who is supposed to manage assets and coordinate. A new rank was made called Human Relations and he got moved there to train new scripters. He trained number of scripters until he got suggested for a DEV once more. Heard several reasons why hes not getting a DEV such as; sudden mood changes, trust issues, lack of discussion and not being liked by higher ups. Name me someone who is not like that, go for it. Iirc, he never asked for rank, guy simply took what was given to him as he was showing respect to others. He showed will to work on problematic areas of the game if he had tools and permission to do so. Now my question is, after being brought up once more, was there any skill testing of some sort or was there even discussion about it? The way I see it, guy deserves to be given a chance. He solved several code issues current stuff are struggling with for ages. I won't say what, how and why however. I know him for a long time and guy knows his Wagner.

After all, he posses skill current staff don't and his ideas and motives are pure. No fooling around, you care for the project? Why this guy was never given a chance? You said that you lack DEV activity, why this guy was never given a chance? Why this guy is prevented of showing his skill as a DEV rather than being moved to Human Relation rank where he feels expandable and used and limited?. Stop fooling around. Think about the game for a change and learn how to deal with assets. Luminance is valuable asset. Stop exploiting him. Let him do what he does the best. Look around and turn around, stop fooling around. Give him a chance and if it works out it will work out, good for everyone. If he fails (which I can't see it happening) then he will fail. At least you both tried to do a good thing.

Also, through this opportunity I would like to say that such mindset of yours put you into this situation. Not many people are giving you respect as of late, not the real ones no. You should show some respect to those people too. It's not me being pissed because you take ages to prevent the deadlock, it's about you being unable to draw out potential from your assets and make them do wonders as they are enjoying.

Now few questions for you Luminance;
1. Are you confident enough in yourself when it comes to coding?
2. Do you want to be a PWO DEV and try to make this game better?
3. Can you name several things you would be working on if given the chance?
4. Is it cold?

Edit: Poll added!

mad30

Youngster
Re: New light for PWO

For what it's worth, Luminance was absolutely great to work with and was one of the most reliable people I have ever worked with for PWO. I would absolutely be on board with this.

Nikola

Youngster
Hey mad long time no see. Lumin thinks very highly of you.
As for the topic, I added poll and everyone is welcome to vote.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Lumi is a great friend and very smart, I say. Every time I talked to him about PWO he always seemed hopeful and positive about updates. Also he was very involved, honest and dedicated to his work, I'm sure of what I'm saying. In our last talk I felt he was sure that PWO would progress so much. Well, I have no more words to describe his capacity. He is one of the few people I appreciated to meet on this community. :)

mad30

Youngster
way to make a great topic lose all its credibility by having an idiotic answer in your poll. Your as bad as sam5010.

Nikola

Youngster
If you are not familiar with the guy and his skill level you will be better not to vote. As always, you can explain why yes or why not. Gives more to discus about and analyze whole situation. Post means a lot more than just a vote. Or if you want to go into black sheep club thats ok. These are forums afterall. Keep voting people. Give this guy a fair chance.

Nikola

Youngster
mad30 said:
way to make a great topic lose all its credibility by having an idiotic answer in your poll. Your as bad as sam5010.
I only see YES AND NO now. Or you are referring to something else mister American.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
From the discussions I had with him in the past, I could see him being able to bring something more to pwo than what is currently available if he was given a chance as a DEV. Besides, his work during his time as a scripter despite all the limitations pwo has kind of speaks for itself regarding his knowledge in the area.

mad30

Youngster
Nikola said:
mad30 said:
I only see YES AND NO now. Or you are referring to something else mister American.
Where's the "I don't have enough information regarding this issue to make a well informed decision" option that most people on this forum should choose?

Nikola

Youngster
mad30 said:
Nikola said:
mad30 said:
Where's the "I don't have enough information regarding this issue to make a well informed decision" option that most people on this forum should choose?
Nikola said:
If you are not familiar with the guy and his skill level you will be better not to vote. As always, you can explain why yes or why not. Gives more to discus about and analyze whole situation. Post means a lot more than just a vote. Or if you want to go into black sheep club thats ok. These are forums afterall. Keep voting people. Give this guy a fair chance.
But I guess I am going to add that to the poll. People tend not to read whole posts however.

king1234

Youngster
With the way the staff deals with promotions and recruitment, I doubt they will put him as dev, Personally i would love to see more devs, i doubt what we say will influence there decision to promote him.

Nikola

Youngster
POLL RESETED due to new field being added. GO VOTE.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Lumi is head of Human Relations which includes recruitment. He can recruit himself if he wants to. :)

TheConqueror

We want someone as DEV who has very great knowledge about scripting and has a pure motive for the betterment of the project. Hence, LUMINANCE SHOULD BE DEVELOPER!

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
Dear friends and players who don't even know me,

I am overwhelmed with the amount of trust you are putting in me. Seriously, I hadn't expected such topic to be out there, and I speechless yesterday when I first saw it. (And I am still speechless by the way!)

To me, staff positions are not just powers and shiny tag; it's actually responsibility and had one whenever you have more powers.

With great powers, comes great responsibility.

Though, I believe in team work more than individual work, and the main pillars of team work is the mutual understanding and the will to hear each others. This is why I think staff position should be offers from the team to fulfill its needs to be more productive and efficient.

As for why I don't become a developer, simply because it's not my call to make, since I have never received an offer to be a developer for PWO. When I first joined staff, I never cared for the tag or powers, I just wanted to help the project no matter what I position I am in. Simply because I believe in the idea itself. PWO is more just a Pokemon MMO to me, and I'm sure it is more to other people as well.

I thank you all for the kind words.

Nikola, it's funny that you ask that now, since it started to be very cold yesterday! You are not controlling the weather here, are you? :O

Nikola

Youngster
Luminance said:
As for why I don't become a developer, simply because it's not my call to make, since I have never received an offer to be a developer for PWO.
-After I talked to xan about you not while ago, you two shared contact info. What happened after I don't know. However, I was told that it will be discussed with another member of staff. Before that I also brought you up. However, a no was given to you without even letting other staff to discus about that matter. Shortly after, you got moved to new made rank for you only, called Human Relations. I don't know who is holding back here. It would be nice for them to express themselves and actually give proper reasoning why NO was given in a first place and what is taking so long to make a move.

-Re; DEV thing. I knew your ideas and skill level. Was often annoyed when you were saying to me how limited you are while you actually can/could do a lot more. Given the developer access we all agree you could a lot more with less effort and less nerves put into certain task. However, if this happens I don't know will you be given full or limited access. Because certain people tends to apply limits due to lack of trust and some security stuff. Looking forward on people being posted on this very thread.

Jinga

Well he should be given the chance so he could do what most of present DEV's arent being able to do and we do have many problems related with server these days.

Arnie

Although i have lost respect for this project as a whole for the way people are treated, and positions given based on how the 'higher ups' like u and not skill and enthusiasm (something that circumvents the system for staff recruitment put in place back in 2011 btw). i believe having Lumi as a DEV would make this game better.

Hardcoreh is a joke, cant even code a client in over 2 years. Thugie only works on security issues (while that's all well and good)

Surely having someone as passionate as him couldn't be any worse right?