New command /help trades

Grchw

I've noticed that thing taking the most time to explain ( for each person, and many people ask about it) to new players is trade system. I think popping window with all informations from trade passwords to empty trades and trade security would be very useful. Newbies will be able to read it peacefully without text moving down, they will have A-Z info in one place (now they are asking at least two times. 1st password/union room, 2nd empty trades/how to evo my kadabra?) and people trying to help wont need to write everything on and on.

Saric

Youngster
julio2503 said:
Isn't the PWO Wiki useful?
It is, however not everyone reads it, nor knows about it. Also, a lot of people see it as more convenient and quicker to just ask in game. That and some may not be playing in windowed mode which is another issue.

marcospyder

Saric said:
julio2503 said:
It is, however not everyone reads it, nor knows about it. Also, a lot of people see it as more convenient and quicker to just ask in game. That and some may not be playing in windowed mode which is another issue.
i'm new at the server and i searched for some guide to help newbies to understand this server better and i found the pwo wiki and if the others dont use it, it is just because of idiocy :p
i learned about ivs at this server, i never heard of such thing (learned from wiki)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Saric said:
julio2503 said:

This is the point I was going to do... but making ingame commands will just disenable the wiki, even more.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
While the wiki does pool a lot of resourceful information, many players do like to have the more macro-scope information (information of a more broad, less specific scope) readily available to them in the game as well; the game itself is the heart of the project, after all, and often where they search for their information first, even if they may find the wiki more informative and reliable in the long run for information of larger breadth (move information, area pages, and so forth).

This is why many MMOs have a decent outline of information on their UIs, NPCs, and so forth. In our case, we have no updateable client for a more instructive UI on this information, hence the existence of many commands and NPCs to impart more basic information; if players would actually find a command and/or NPC helpful for information of this nature, then perhaps it's worth considering if it's worthwhile to add it. :)