MS -Shiny Rates - ( Open Discussion )

darkshadow.

Hello. Going to talk about my recent experiences with membership. In the last ms i found 2 shinys commons hunting almost everyday for a month. My actual ms is active since 25th December and still no shiny after lots of hours hunting since then. I know it's not just me cause before i thought about making this topic , i spoke with some of my friends and the most of them have the same problem. It's too unreal to be just a luck based.. It's normal that sometimes the luck isn't by our side.. but everyday is kind annoying. You can tell me to hunt more or just give up hunting but i think i'm doing what it takes to find at least one shiny and it's not happening. The point of hunting is gone even if you hunt for hr's. Findind a shiny is the main goal of most of hunters and with the talks i've been doing, some off the hunters are just giving up.. Maybe there was no change in the rate, maybe the unluckyness is like a normal thing but i would like to have some opinions of the hunters comparing the shiny you find today to the shinys you found some time ago.

- This is my opinion. things like "then don't buy ms " or " hunt and shut up" are not welcome here. Only post here if you have a opinion that you would like to share and discuss.

nowere

I agree with that, i don't see a shiny a long time, just look into this :)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
As everyone knows membership is not a guarantee of finding shiny pokémons but I confess before seemed easier catch shiny than now. With my first memberships I caught too many shiny, something like a daily one and sometimes 2. Now I have found 3 or 4 per week. However I guess it's not a problem itself. This way, rationally, shiny pokémons should raise the price. And I have an enormous luck finding the rares ones :p , called this way by the old system. And finding shiny isn't the only reason because I buy MS.

javier99

I caught 2 shines today in just two hours so I don't believe any change has been made to the shiny rate. Is just a matter of luck. I

Gobfather

I find it odd myself saying this, but I disagree. I myself have just gone a whole MS with only one S sentret, and many times before have had "dry spells". All in all, I feel personally it should remain exactly as is, and no change. Increasing will raise amonut of shineys, decrease pokes prices, crash the market, make it completely unfair to those that do not buy MS, and increase botter success while having so many shinies from them alone in game. It would take away from the seperation of the dedicated and those few very happy lucky guys, and make it so EVERYONE now is gaurunteed to have these great pokes (except people without ms) and would really disvalue peoples hard work, or their geat luck,as well as defeat the whole meaning of grinding in an MMO. I feel as is, it keeps a very good balance of shinies in game (and beleive me I hate going through whole MS with one or two if not any shinies at all) Sorry to damper your discussion :/

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Went all of the Halloween event spending an alarming amount of hours hunting, found maybe 2 shinies, 0 umbreons. Went to burnt tower and within 10 mins found 2 S Rats and 1 S Spinirak... the system is meant to troll you. But in all seriousness I think the shiny chance should be reduced in game. Shinies should be a prized rarity, especially S Rares... let's not even talk about VRs or HRs. A Shiny rare should be something that makes people go "omg so cool" in the battle chat... not a regular occurrence. In fact, it's a little odd if you're using non-shiny counterparts of some pokemon (something that should be a MORE common practice than using shinies IMO)

Nikola

Youngster
The rate is just fine...maybe a bit high. I've encountered shiny pokemon half year ago or so. Not sure.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Im gonna tell you a history:

A guy from Pwo bought 6 months of membership in 2011, the amount of shinys he found in these months was of: 1 ... lol, im the guy and Im being serious, Im not a hunter since then. So the rate is just ''fine'' to me, I don't think it should be changed, take it as a challenge.

Merse

Youngster
During the Halloween events I spent 50 hours hunting without a shiny, then I found 3 within two hours. There is nothing wrong with the MS SC, it works fine. If anything it should be lowered IMO.

joysclash

ya it really depends on luck.. i have seen a couple of non ms players catching more shinys then players with ms in the Halloween event ...so ya people should take it as a challenge :)

pieoffury

Nothing has changed with the encounter rates. Having ms DOES NOT ENSURE that you will encounter shinies. It only means you have BETTER CHANCES of encountering one.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Shiny is the topping, rather than the pie itself.

(Yes, this does have some hidden meaning to it)

darkshadow.

PewDiePie_Felix said:
Nothing has changed with the encounter rates. Having ms DOES NOT ENSURE that you will encounter shinies. It only means you have BETTER CHANCES of encountering one.

Thank you captain obvious :p

hamzasrk

for me i think the Shiny rate change from map to other .... it easier to found shinies in some places like "Splitting River Reserve" i can found Shiny everyday there (i think is the best place if you want to see some Shinies :p ) but its harder in other places like route 41 cause i spend days/weeks with a Single S krab ... which is no suitable for hunters because we really want to catch every kind of shinies in any map

Sry for my english ::)

Dack

also think it is harder to find shiny, I agree with you

Iuri

Hello:

hamzasrk said:
for me i think the Shiny rate change from map to other .... it easier to found shinies in some places like "Splitting River Reserve" i can found Shiny everyday there (i think is the best place if you want to see some Shinies :p )

I don't agree with you. I spent hours and hours in SRR and I didn´t see yet any shiny.

I think it's a question of luck. I spent many hours witout see any shiny and in one hour I caugth two.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
hamzasrk said:
for me i think the Shiny rate change from map to other .... it easier to found shinies in some places like "Splitting River Reserve" i can found Shiny everyday there (i think is the best place if you want to see some Shinies :p ) but its harder in other places like route 41 cause i spend days/weeks with a Single S krab ... which is no suitable for hunters because we really want to catch every kind of shinies in any map

Sry for my english ::)
I believe chances are the same for every maps. You are just having a moment of luck. :p

Tecknician

A better question is, how often should it be to find a shiny pokemon?

Players expectations and my own often conflict with each other.

Gobfather

hmm never thought of that, 1 every 5-6 hours playtime? Considering those that can only pull in about a couple hours a playtime. I find that with dry spells here, it can be insane amount of hours without, then all of a sudden 8 in two logins which I feel is just perfect ;D