Moves Animation

Nshims

I'm creating animations for moves that do not have animations.
To moves like recover, the animation happens in pokémon that runs the moves!
If there is a way to do this by editing the Settings.ini or meffect.pwo?

Arnie

moves that use the recover png (17.png usually, in mine its set at 28) will also do the heal sound (dont ask me how but it does). i assigned every healing move in the game to that png, im not entirely sure if it still works after being edited however, ive never tried it personally.

my meffect has over 330 moves assigned, however moves that do status effects or primary stat changes wont work.

Nshims

Usually a move is executed in area 1, i want to know how to execute in area 2.
Moves like Dream Eater is not exactly a recovery!

move_zpse0f1f69b.png

Arnie

unfortunately ive looked into this also. not possible

Arnie

Reiatsu said:
Arnie_Jr said:
unfortunately ive looked into this also. not possible
oki

its a shame because a while back i too was looking to do 2 part animations. wouldnt have been that complicated to implement either

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
It's a limitation of the current battle system; as it assumes all moves target the defending Pokémon even when their effect applies to the attacking Pokémon; and it's only when the move's effects are being worked out that the correct target is selected. This said, I would be interested as to whether a workaround could be implemented client-side at some point.

Arnie

Jinji said:
It's a limitation of the current battle system; as it assumes all moves target the defending Pokémon even when their effect applies to the attacking Pokémon; and it's only when the move's effects are being worked out that the correct target is selected. This said, I would be interested as to whether a workaround could be implemented client-side at some point.

he means expanding the area which the animations appear, right now its confined to a 64x64 square and it uses a max of 8 squares for animation, he was on about expanding that 64x64 to 557x366 (covers the whole field) so that attacks like flamethrower and heatwave would look better, all that would be needed for the reverse attack would be a flip mirror of that same image.

Nshims

Jinji said:
I tested the animations with the dream eater, i associated it 17.png animation but at the same result and then created a different animation and i associated the dream eater and does not work properly!
The animation continues to happen in the wrong place!