Master Balls or Ultra Balls.

Isguros

Youngster
I don't think the catch rate should solely rely on which kind of ball you're using. We all know Rattata is a lot easier to catch than lets say; Dragonair, and that shouldn't have to change for the purposes of this game.

magevideogames

Exactly. There is more to catching a pokemon than just having a good pokeball. You have to taken into account their level, hp, status effects etc. Pokeballs really would just be another variable.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
If Master Balls were only 150K, I could go catch something worth 10s of millions, then go buy 100s of Master Balls repeating the cycle. This would unbalance the game and make it less fun. Selling the Master Balls for the price of the most expensive pokemon being sold, from what I have heard, around 200M, would stop this from being profitable, and maybe help keep the prices of certain pokemon lower.

Personally, I wouldn't allow Master Balls to be common things. They are suppose to be special and unique. I would suggest the players be given 1 Master Ball from the Pokemon Professors for each 50 pokedex entries filled. With 300 pokemon in the game, that would be 6 master balls.

Also, having events every 2 weeks that would allow players to earn 1 Master Ball would give tons of incentive to players to participate in such events.

Also, it might not be such a bad idea to make Master Balls purchasable for 15 tokens in the token shop, or whatever the current max is.

As for the rest of the balls, I haven't seen much need for them, especially if we had Master Balls and regular pokeballs. But I have entertained the idea of having some extras to choose from.

From a developers standpoint, just adding 1 more ball takes quite a bit of time to program, and test to make sure its working properly. If its catch rate was 100%, it might be a tiny bit easier to program. So I believe just adding the Master Balls would suffice for now, and satisfy most players.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'm a little confused as to the logic behind making money off masterballs, forgive me if I'm wrong but currently the average amoung of money spent to catch a single pokemon with pokeballs is well below 150k, so I fail to see a difference between spending money on pokeballs and throwing the pokeballs at a pokemon worth "10's of millions", and spending money on a masterball to catch it. However it has been brought up that the price possibly should be placed higher, and I'm open to the idea as long as it's not unreasonably high.

I'm all for having events which hand out masterballs, but I would strongly disagree with giving masterballs to people for 15 tokens as that seems like an extreme price. I personally would be offended at the thought, as masterballs in PWO would not have the same meaning as in the handhelds without the ability to capture a legendary.

The biggest problem is that PWO doesn't really offer the same advantages when it comes to catching pokemon as the handhelds, such as status ailments being taken into consideration, you could quite easily get a pokemon to low health, use thunder wave or hypnosis, and capture almost any pokemon you want in 1-3 tries in the handhelds with an ultra ball. With PWO people just end up with veins popping out of their foreheads after the first 40-50 pokeballs trying to catch a scyther or an eevee.

magevideogames

I personally agree with making Master Balls a bit difficult to get. Maybe only from events and such after a small number being given for something like the system proposed by Rygar. Also, the fact that there are no advantages for it, such as Mewtwo and other legendaries, it does take much of the luster out of it. Also, I would say the development standpoint is quite it irrelevant as all it would add is a simple % calculation instead of just an = for all pokeballs instead not a Master Ball. The last point about the status effects not working is also something I would like to see fixed. If the status effects were taken into effect it would help as well.

Prof.Rygar

Youngster
Bump.

I still think Master Balls should be released, and would make a nice money pit. $1,000,000 each should do it.

thunderclap

Youngster
I agree Master Balls would be good, but why do people keep saying we need a money pit? There's an extreme money shortage in PWO - we need more sources of money, not more ways to remove it.