Map Contest Weekend Event. Closed!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The event is due to close shortly- midnight Monday night UTC. We hope you all enjoyed it!

Players who have already started a quest may continue to hunt for the stolen goods for one more day. However all exclusive weekend event spawns will be removed now. After 24 hours the Maps will continue to be on display without spawns as the winning entries to the first PWO Mapping Contest.

You heard correctly! Pewter City Museum is proud to be the first in the Pokemon World to display this new technology.

We recently ran a competition to see who could design a homely and comfortable forest habitat for pokemon, and our two winning entries will soon be on display at our museum. Not only that, but for a short time only- this weekend from Late Friday evening/night to Monday UTC- they will be fully stocked with live pokemon! Professor Oak himself has taken an interest in the project and has provided them all himself, hoping this will be a new way to study pokemon in their natural habitats. He also promises there will be something for every trainer to hunt for, but more on that later.

You can see the machinery on display now on the third floor of the Pewter City Museum. The 'Weekend Event' is now open! Just go to the third floor of the Pewter City Museum and choose a map to start in. Be sure to talk to the Engineer in the map when you first enter to start your quest.

If you are in Johto Kristin in Goldenrod City will help you get there.

sambony

Re: New Holodecks opening in Pewter City Museum!

Will there be a way for those of us still stuck in Johto to access the event?

TheBlackReaper

Niceeeeeee finelly we can do some hunt there will be vouchers ?

pocaliga

any new pokemon? another generation?

Ramensnoodle

Youngster

Was just thinking today that we haven't had a weekend event event in some time. GG can't wait.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

KEKEKEKEKE! Holodecks, you say? What silliness! There's no third floor in Pewter Museum at all. The staircase, the floor, the maps... they are all illusions, a fictional reality created by the Spirits who in this, the spookiest month of the year, begin to rise and explore the world, each slowly filling with more ghostly energy with each pass of the moon as we draw closer to the night of the dead...

Haha, I'm only kidding! My word, what came over me, I always seem to get the oddest feelings during October... Anyway, seeing all the submitted contest maps and voting on them was a lot of fun; and it's such a pleasure to see us finally introduce the two best ones into the game. The holodeck technology brings a tear to my eyes, never did I think modern technology would advance to a point that people could explore a fascimile of land that both looks and feels real to the user without the use of magic and mind-games. And how nice it is for Professor Oak to contribute to the research - It'll be interesting to see how Pokémon respond to these simulated environments as well as Trainers :)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com

Today I was thinking about this event and can't wait for. I hope I have enough time to hunt. :D

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com

Given the game's current circumstances, shouldn't the release of a new client be a priority when there's such a limited access to the game (closed registations, no way to download the client just to name a few)? A weekend event never felt more out of place...

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

There will be no spawn spoilers before the day. All we can say is that some of the suggestions put forward by genell and SapphirePhoenix have been included.

If you're in Johto you will need to get 8 badges to access the event. Kanto players will just need the one badge.

No staff working on this event are needed in the production of the new client. While the game continues we will continue to progress with it. It's unfortunate that some players will miss out due to not being able to register or download an updated version of the client, but we believe the players that are here shouldn't have to wait longer to get this event because others are unlucky.

On a side note, I had to go back up to the third floor of the Pewter Museum after reading Jinji's post. I'm pretty sure it's all real....

Buu-

I have been waiting and waiting for a new event. :-[ I hope that this event will bring back the old players who were not on these days :p

Merse

Youngster

Holodeck! Star Trek has reached PWO! :D

Cleveland

Youngster

Looking forward to checkin it out.

I.Am

Hell yeah ! 3 more days. :)

Luminance

Youngster
Developer

KaiTheLoneWolf said:
Given the game's current circumstances, shouldn't the release of a new client be a priority when there's such a limited access to the game (closed registations, no way to download the client just to name a few)? A weekend event never felt more out of place...
So, do you want all the team to stop their work until one member, Hardcoreh, finishes his new client?

Sanven

Luminance said:
KaiTheLoneWolf said:
So, do you want all the team to stop their work until one member, Hardcoreh, finishes his new client?

Do other kind of works, plan for other events and make more events ready, and wait for new client to come up :) and as soon as client comes, you might have collected a lot of events and then implement it weekely :)

But due to limited access to game don't make events currently plzz :(

Merse

Youngster

It is a confirmation then that only Hardcoreh works on the client. I wonder if it will be finished within the decade...

Professor.Oak

Sounds like a fun little event, will be hunting on the weekend.

Merse said:
It is a confirmation then that only Hardcoreh works on the client. I wonder if it will be finished within the decade...
I'm sure this will help encourage Hardcoreh to speed things up.

The-Predator

Youngster

Professor.Oak said:
Sounds like a fun little event, will be hunting on the weekend.

Merse said:
I'm sure this will help encourage Hardcoreh to speed things up.

Theres a reason why people lost faith. Also hmm staff members with sarcasm? I like this :D