Jimmy

MrJimmyZ5.1

I'm new at this world online with Pokémons, my habit was to play pkms with cartridges, gameboy and stuff ... an older nerdy guy  :p I assume!
Sooo ... I was trying to play and do this new experience (in english) that is not so comfortable for me .. but why not?

I've spent a lot of days in past to make projects, hacks and go go (also with other games) ... with other generations.
And obviously I am also a Sega megadrive's fan, playstation and others .. 

I seriously dunno what to say else?!?
After a bit conversation on the chat .. I'm subscribed last night  :D

PS: I like the trouble ... and make it double!!

Dio.Brando

Welcome to PWO, Jimmy!

PWO has a very diverse community. Try to find other people that speak your first language and im sure that will be more enjoyable for you.

Glad to see a new player checking out the forums too!

Welcome, again, Jimmy!

-Dio

israel14

Hi! I'm new here as well, but I can't play, it tells me: can not conect to PWO server, Do you know why? and do you know when I will be able to play?
Which is your first language?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
israel14 said:
Hi! I'm new here as well, but I can't play, it tells me: can not conect to PWO server, Do you know why? and do you know when I will be able to play?
Which is your first language?

Since the server hasn't been down for a while I would suggest you check to see if your firewall and/or antivirus program are blocking our game. If you have any further questions please use the Player Support forums, ask ingame or in our out of game chat which you'll find linked below in my signature.

The game is all in English at this time.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I remember you from the IRC Chat :) Welcome to PWO, I hope you enjoy being a part of our World.

MrJimmyZ5.1

Jinji said:
I remember you from the IRC Chat :) Welcome to PWO, I hope you enjoy being a part of our World.

Alias Lantaros? XD

You know my secret ...  (×o×) 

Dio.Brando said:
Welcome to PWO, Jimmy! 

PWO has a very diverse community. Try to find other people that speak your first language and im sure that will be more enjoyable for you.

Glad to see a new player checking out the forums too! 

Welcome, again, Jimmy!

-Dio

Aaah don't worry broo .. it's fine, it will could be exciting!!

And thanks for every welcome and people here ... I've made this name just to try and play, probably in future I change.
I know it's too strange ... (¬‿¬') I'm strange ~(^w^)~

Mallow-

Youngster
[glow=green]PWO makes a good home for both the normal and the less so ;) [/glow]

MrJimmyZ5.1

Hey The Stinkiest Garbodor I'm interested for sprites and animations ... indeed I made a lot in past.

But maybe I need more time (and patience) to play and explore the game ... and obviously I like your style  :p

People that think trash is useless doesn't know what have in front of their eyes ...

I don't like to destroy things, to leave alone, to lose or to miss .. probably because I was an engineer, I know things like this ^^

Krysi said:
Strange is good, we need more strange.

Welcome~

Thanks  :D

Mallow-

Youngster
MrJimmyZ5.1 said:
Hey The Stinkiest Garbodor I'm interested for sprites and animations ... indeed I made a lot in past.

But maybe I need more time (and patience) to play and explore the game ... and obviously I like your style  :p

People that think trash is useless doesn't know what have in front of their eyes ...

I don't like to destroy things, to leave alone, to lose or to miss .. probably because I was an engineer, I know things like this ^^

[glow=green]So true! Everything have a use :)

And thank you, you be the first to pay attention to that little request I put in the signature. I have asked many times if people may help I create custom Garbodor player sprites so that I may play PWO looking like one, and while some people have maked the walk sprites, other sprites like surfing and bike/run sprites have never get finished. I be fed up with being let down. I do not mind waiting for a while, but if somebody wants to finally help I get a complete sprite set, I be one very happy Garbodor :)

You seem very nice, Jimmy. Hope you and I become great friends ^-^
[/glow]

MrJimmyZ5.1

TheStinkiestGarbodor said:
[glow=green]So true! Everything have a use :)

And thank you, you be the first to pay attention to that little request I put in the signature. I have asked many times if people may help I create custom Garbodor player sprites so that I may play PWO looking like one, and while some people have maked the walk sprites, other sprites like surfing and bike/run sprites have never get finished. I be fed up with being let down. I do not mind waiting for a while, but if somebody wants to finally help I get a complete sprite set, I be one very happy Garbodor :)

You seem very nice, Jimmy. Hope you and I become great friends ^-^
[/glow]

Oooh .. gosh :blush: , I've spoken about that before to subscribe .. but the idea was not to make personal pg & sprites for every single human (sorry).
Just to start a project to give the possibility for everyone to custom and personalize his/her pg in the game.

I've read the rules .. and probably clients, admins, moderators and stuff can have different pg in game.
Just because the program of PWO works with 2 different pg, about the gender: male and female.

If I'll change you, the offset and the settings about the game do it the same for everyone ... you comprehend that if will happen everyone have your pg.
This is the first problem ... 

The second one I think (also to have the permission to do) ... I don't know if this works with PWO itself, with objects and other things ...
Yeah, I did them in past ... for hacks and my projects, I know to use programs like that: using tilesets and sprites ..
For example Ponymon, hacks with Metroid or other ... if you would know something about that or to make things for you, we could talk on PMs. 

But I don't know if you could use that in game.

Ps: I've made a mistake sorry  :(  ... when I've read your answer, I've read also automatically the signature and I've confused for the same comment.

See soon or PMs ~(^W^)~

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
What you describe sounds like skinning, which PWO does indeed support. Anyone is free to create their own skin and customise the appearance of PWO however they wish. PWO does indeed use a tile-based approach for building its maps, so it is possible to alter the overworld appearance too - and we have seen some skins that attempt to bring to Gen IV look to PWO, etc. Do note however that if you plan to share the skin, you must ensure that you get permission for any graphics that you haven't made yourself.

MrJimmyZ5.1

Jinji said:
What you describe sounds like skinning, which PWO does indeed support. Anyone is free to create their own skin and customise the appearance of PWO however they wish. PWO does indeed use a tile-based approach for building its maps, so it is possible to alter the overworld appearance too - and we have seen some skins that attempt to bring to Gen IV look to PWO, etc.

My apologize Jinji ... I'm new, I doesn't know every detail about that.

I was trying to explain that probably if he needs to work on it, he could ask and do for himself ... simply because as I said:
I'm here to play, enjoy, know people ... and maybe to the end, If I'll want, I could work on something.

MrJimmyZ5.1 said:
Hey The Stinkiest Garbodor [...]
But maybe I need more time (and patience) to play and explore the game ... [...]

:dodgy: exactly ... 

Anyway I've answered .. and this thread was made for this purpose.
Sorry if I'm too rude with this .. but I'm not here to work free.
========================================

:D and thanks for everyone that are soo grateful and friendly, I appreciate!

Ps: Jinjy I like ghost pokemon ... stop to change your firm every second, you are making me insane ~( :heart: w :heart: )~!!
And probably .. I could fall in love ..  :p I alert you!!

Mallow-

Youngster
[glow=green]I be very sorry that you thought I be asking you for sprites just because I have the request in the signature. That message be not directed to anyone specifically, I just be looking for some help as I have wanted to get this done for a while now. And I only say what I wanted because you seemed interested. Now I see both of us get each other wrong. No hard feelings, I hope?

I do understand that changeing a player sprite changes the sprite for everyone of the same gender. I do not really mind this, as the effect only shows locally; and I see makeing others look like I do to be a small price to pay to get the look you want. However, if PWO in future may have full character customisation, that be a far greater thing :)
[/glow]

MrJimmyZ5.1

TheStinkiestGarbodor said:
[glow=green]I be very sorry that you thought I be asking you for sprites just because I have the request in the signature. That message be not directed to anyone specifically, I just be looking for some help as I have wanted to get this done for a while now. And I only say what I wanted because you seemed interested. Now I see both of us get each other wrong. No hard feelings, I hope?

I do understand that changeing a player sprite changes the sprite for everyone of the same gender. I do not really mind this, as the effect only shows locally; and I see makeing others look like I do to be a small price to pay to get the look you want. However, if PWO in future may have full character customisation, that be a far greater thing :)
[/glow]

Pfff ... ahahaha  ;)

I had a bit of anger because I'm new .. looking at a message like that, just after be subscribed, I've thought "Holy crap, the hell? ... If we start like this, what happen next?"
And .. because I am a real noob about this "forum things" (it's not my habit to receive a lot of messages like these in a week).

I really think to wanna know if exist a topic that explain how to use the forum, replies and others ... as the Buddy list obviously.

:p

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
You can find a Help link at the top-right corner of every page of the Forum - this will take you to a number of guides explaining different Forum features. There actually isn't one for the Buddy List yet, but I've been writing a few guides myself, so I'll make sure to add that some time ;)

MrJimmyZ5.1

Soo .. I know that I'm not very active in forum, I've spent up a few moments to talk sending PMs with people
(using drafts specially for the timer "auto-send/write message's module" after bit minuts) ...

Yeah, you need to be faster (but is not simple to translate every thoughts of my mind) .. I'm too slow  :D

Anyway, my apologies to every misunderstood :blush:

When I'll have time I could answer or work in something, I have toons of ideas!!

But in case you can send me what you what, don't worry  :exclamation: < printf("not viruses or strange files"); >

Ps: It's just that I don't really like to be harassed by thousands of messages .. and sorry an other time, thanks for everyone  :angel:

Byeeee ~('✖‿✖'')~