Its been way to long...

FroggeReborn

I know I have asked about this subject several times in the past, but I and many other players deserve a real answer.

Back in December 2012, we were promised a New Playerdex and Mart update that following January, and it never happened. and here it is almost 2 years later and still nothing. What's the hold up? There is no excuse at all why it should be delayed this long, I know I may sound like a jackass right now but really I'm not. I just want to know what is going on and why this hasn't be discussed or at least updated to us players? Some of us have been waiting for this for awhile now including myself.

DaSnowman

I know this may seem frustrating (believe me i know) but the staff always has their secrets and reasons why they must keep them. It can be extremely difficult to balance the happiness of the public along with what is best with the game. I can assure you the staff is working hard to complete this and them trying to make sure it is completely ready before its release is much better than what many games do and release an unfinished update into the game causing bug's or glitches that may cost us all time/money. So try to be patient a little longer im sure the staff will notify us as soon as possible. Until then enjoy the game and the awesome community it possesses (believe me i have played tons of game and this community is #1)

FroggeReborn

DaSnowman said:
I know this may seem frustrating (believe me i know) but the staff always has their secrets and reasons why they must keep them. It can be extremely difficult to balance the happiness of the public along with what is best with the game. I can assure you the staff is working hard to complete this and them trying to make sure it is completely ready before its release is much better than what many games do and release an unfinished update into the game causing bug's or glitches that may cost us all time/money. So try to be patient a little longer im sure the staff will notify us as soon as possible. Until then enjoy the game and the awesome community it possesses (believe me i have played tons of game and this community is #1)

Yes but them lying about it doesnt solve anything either, Constantly telling us it will be ready then or released then. Also last August Blue said they were in Beta Testing for the update, I don't see any proof at all saying such a thing.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There are no secrets here, not in the way you are suggesting. Bluerise gives updates on his Twitter on the progress and delays for this project have the same reason that any other PWO projects are delayed.

Real life issues for the staff involved- work/family etc.
Unforeseen holdups due to programming difficulties/glitches- not at all uncommon here at PWO.

So if you wish to keep updated follow @Bluerise Twitter and you will know all there is to know about it and see sneak previews along the way.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
I believe an update was given just before the year was out...

The-Predator

Youngster
Bluerise said:
I believe an update was given just before the year was out...

the only update i noticed was some more SS from features about it, and that it will be released for testers early in 2014 but thats not rlly a new update or thing we´ve been hearing about pdex

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
At the end of 2012 was also told that playerdex would be released early in 2013 and testers were asked for. Now the story repeats itself. And as KPyppo said the only updates we've noticed are some screeshots from features about it. I know this question was made too many times, altough we don't know any concrete thing about the new playerdex. I was wondering if, isn't possible someone tell us a percentage of the progress? As Hardcoreh did about the new client, telling us what he already made and what still need to be developed.

The-Predator

Youngster
julio2503 said:
At the end of 2012 was also told that playerdex would be released early in 2013 and testers were asked for. Now the story repeats itself. And as KPyppo said the only updates we've noticed are some screeshots from features about it. I know this question was made too many times, altough we don't know any concrete thing about the new playerdex. I was wondering if, isn't possible someone tell us a percentage of the progress? As Hardcoreh did about the new client, telling us what he already made and what still need to be developed.

I already asked if that could be possible, i mean giving us a percentage of how much left till it is completed, got no reply from anyone, they just ignored me (D)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The screenshot previews are showing what he is working on at that time. And a percentage may not even be known since he is not just building the playerdex from scratch it also has to interact with the server/client and he can't predict ahead of time what issues will come up before actually diving in and doing the next part. Also comparing it to the client isn't fair as the client has known parts to develop while the new playerdex has new features which are as yet unannounced, so updates on them will not be given.

The-Predator

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
The screenshot previews are showing what he is working on at that time. And a percentage may not even be known since he is not just building the playerdex from scratch it also has to interact with the server/client and he can't predict ahead of time what issues will come up before actually diving in and doing the next part. Also comparing it to the client isn't fair as the client has known parts to develop while the new playerdex has new features which are as yet unannounced, so updates on them will not be given.

i do understand the work that is involved in all of this, and im not complaining but what i dont understand is what made blue said that it was going to be released back in january 15th of 2013 but we already at 26th of 2014 and we know nothing about a real release date, not rlly moaning about this i know how a busy life could be, i sometimes dont even have time to play the game, but outta curiosity what happened for that big delay to happen??, blue lost some files?? or he wasnt aware of something? hmm thats all i would like to know, btw keep up the good work guys for real we had nice updates last year, waiting to see what u come up with this year

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
KPyppo said:
HitmonFonty said:

i do understand the work that is involved in all of this, and im not complaining but what i dont understand is what made blue said that it was going to be released back in january 15th of 2013 but we already at 26th of 2014 and we know nothing about a real release date, not rlly moaning about this i know how a busy life could be, i sometimes dont even have time to play the game, but outta curiosity what happened for that big delay to happen??, blue lost some files?? or he wasnt aware of something? hmm thats all i would like to know, btw keep up the good work guys for real we had nice updates last year, waiting to see what u come up with this year

Going right back to when he first announced that release date I believe he wasn't working, but he got work not long after that and has been working and studying full time, none of which has been a secret. So add to the fact he went from having heaps of time to having to squeeze extra spare time out to do this, the normal setbacks and glitches PWO offers plus our good Madame Teck asking him to add more features. :)

As I said though apart maybe from Teck's latest admission Blue hasn't hidden any of this.

Shiningamisgirl

When in doubt...Blame Teck for everything! I knew it was you Teck! Blocking our updates, being all demanding of more features in an attempt to make us happy! How dare you presume to know what would make us happy..or make this game better, or be staff! How dare you I say!

Yanno what! I say no more updates. I demand whatever Frankenstein monster is partially created and oozing all over the place to be released now, and darn the consequences, glitches, and terrible things that may emerge from it!I want pain and suffering man! Not maintenance! Feed my masochistic hunger for broken things!

Lol, gotta love how people naturally assume hidden secrets going about, and that nothings being touched. Though it may seem slow.

Really though, since this isn't a paid for game, we don't have much right to be upset if things aren't going as quickly as we may wish them to. Since..yanno..if ya dun like it, ya can just not donate -rolllsss- Note le sarcasm, and have a lovely day! :)