Is This Even Possible? Need Help From Top Battlers

DomT.

Youngster
Well Hello Everyone,i opened this topic to ask a question from TOp Battlers in PWO
Is that even possible a S Arca Tanked a Drago with 31 atk Boosted (Dragon Dance) and used Aqua Tail?Please i really need Help,i had ask many players they had answer No, i wanna ask this bcoz of my tourney,Some told me maybe someone cheating with having a better def,idk about it Please Help

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Despite the fact that S arca has chances to survive if it has max def and max hp, that drago used dragon dance... No arca had a chance against my drago as far as I remember (without using dragon dance).

Anyway, I noticed this with more than 1 pokemon, this happened lots of times, something doesn't work properly when is about IVs, its like if we were in presence of ghostly criticals and ghostly underpowered moves.

Tha-Kram

im not a top battler, but I do belong the one of those mathematicians that likes to calculate the probabilities

max ATK of Dragonite = 301
with dragon dance the ATK will be boosted by 1,5 -> 301 x 1,5 = 451

max DEF of Arcanine = 194
max HP of Arcanine = 317

according to this calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php, the damage is between 294-346
so yes, theoretically it is possible that Arcanine can survive 1 hit
battlers usually have close to max stats, that is why I used those in my calculations

with all max Arcanine will survive 22 out of 52 possible damages, which means 42% chance of dodging the bullet
it will probably be a bit lower than that, because I didn't take Critical hits into account

DeZoLa

Youngster
Tha_Kram said:
im not a top battler, but I do belong the one of those mathematicians that likes to calculate the probabilities

max ATK of Dragonite = 301
with dragon dance the ATK will be boosted by 1,5 -> 301 x 1,5 = 451

max DEF of Arcanine = 194
max HP of Arcanine = 317

according to this calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php, the damage is between 294-346
so yes, theoretically it is possible that Arcanine can survive 1 hit
battlers usually have close to max stats, that is why I used those in my calculations

with all max Arcanine will survive 22 out of 52 possible damages, which means 42% chance of dodging the bullet
it will probably be a bit lower than that, because I didn't take Critical hits into account
you forgot the ''super effective thing'' aqua tail=water >arcanine=fire type