Is PWO dying out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurus

Banned
"Is PWO dying out"?

As the title says, I want to read your views.

Over the past few weeks, several players have made the point that PWO is "dying out". They also noted that:

• a). Less players were online
    b). Players quit the game

And many more..

What are your views on this and how do YOU think the future of PWO will be affected?

Tha-Kram

of course it is
as long as new players can't get the client there will only be 1 group of people playing the game
and some of those people will leave, that has Always been the case
but without new players to compensate it, the amount of players will keep going down

CoffeeLover

Sad to say, but absolutely yes.

There are good points though:
* a few new nice quests (e.g. Earthquake)
* battle system is slowly improving, in particular new abilities are added (but they shake with balance, all of them should be added at once in order no to favour some pokemons over another)

Without the new client, however, playing the game is pointless.
It is needed soon... and registration needs to be opened soon.

Of course, there are many other problems such as lots of bugs, botters (staff is not responding to the reports), lack of new region..., not fully functional playerdex mart (who needs filtering?), spoiling token store etc.

I still have hope, but I am about to quit as well.

Saric

Youngster
It'll stay like this until the new client is released and registration opens back up. Once those two are solved, the playerbase should expand once more.

Franc92

Youngster
Saric said:
It'll stay like this until the new client is released and registration opens back up. Once those two are solved, the playerbase should expand once more.

U mean in 3-4 years from now on? :p I dont think New client will be released before 2016-2017, wich i think is enough time to make an end for this game :( We have lost our hopes...

I.Am

franc1992 said:
U mean in 3-4 years from now on? :p I dont think New client will be released before 2016-2017

Wrong. 2018. Lelel.

Sabo

Banned
PWO's brain died long time ago. What do you see these days are the twitches caused by nerve reaction. Well it passed a lot of time, people really tried and had hopes. Can't expect anything else with such staff culture PWO has. One thing is pretty easy to figure out. PWO is not in this situation due to players, it's due to staffs way of managing the game. Players can't do such damage.

I remember when PWO had constantly full server years ago and I remember it when it had 900 players all the time. However, staff were a bit different. You had like few staff that always knew how to interact with players. None of those are around here anymore. Some of them might left but they are too much into staff culture.

Another thing is staff not wanting to leave. If thousands of people want you to be gone than there is a reason for it. You either failed as staff member or you don't fit. Players were never able to decide who will stay or who will go. Another reason why you see today an single minded circle of people. For example Bluerise. He is dedicated staff and will work on things. But he is missing several things needed to have proper relationship with this community. lack of socialization and pursuing its own belief despite people addressed many times about what is going on.

This caused a lot people to leave, not only players, staffs even. PWO changed handful of admins while others don't feel like idling around under these cirsumstances. Eventually you only have ring of people that think same. And another bad thing that can happen is people that are about to become staff or they are already staff but they are suppressed and limited. What they can do is only watching PWO chaning, on good or better doesnt matter. They still can't do much. When you look at staff as if they are one person you will get clearer picture. With all this time community formed into people who want changes, suckups (most of them know **** about game or they are IRC clowns supporting the fault and also staff as whole. With many years people were flushed out from staff leaving only those ones who thinks the same. This is closing doors to people who want to work.

And I say above, if thousands want you to leave then you have to leave or else you get what you have today. Bluerise did a lot yes but what he did past 2 years is rather alarming only pissing people of. It was always about them thinking that players have wrong view while they have the best possible. Those staff being there tells you how much people care about this game, starting from Xanatus. Not quite sure if whole thing is funny for staff but if that number of people want you to be gone then you are not wanted and everything you do will be spat on...such as playerdex. Spending 2 years to have few more features while you deleted ingame mart just to have this crappy one. If this is place where you train your coding skills then you will never be a good programer. You said that this is non profit game and that you care about people. so tell me why are you still here if you care about people? But wont bother too much people already knows who is who...explains this situatoin a lot.

Regarding new client and updates. You can have everything ready over night...every possible update but there will still be one big problem and that is certain staff still being staff not wanting to leave. Remember this game had no updates 2 years ago but it had people. In time hope simply wore of. It like giving Ferrari to Christiano Ronaldo...nice car have everything but dumb idiot smashes into wall with it or he wants to change its rims several zoll smaller then original ones. Dam.. it can be even converted to home for chickens to lay legs no one else will eat except themselves.

Maths simple. 2008 till 2015...more than 6 years. No new regions, no new Pokemon, loss of players, bad staff culture, updates taken away, features taken away, No new stuff in token store...players treated like animals, server cap was increased just to be reduced to several times again(it looks better when you check server status, percentage is greater so people think that someone is actually playing). All those things have changed on WORSE and we all know that. Those are the simple facts you see everyday...all those changed but some staff never changed. Guess we know who is to blame now?

Bluerise was playing in 2008 and shortly after he got MOD position together with other MODs who got promoted that december. Game needed MODs back then. He was only native english speaker together with Chelion who got position back then. He was working on wiki porting forum guides back then and doing edits. Shortly after he was given full control on wiki by shadowwolf I think. Shortly after he was promoted to a GM as Arenya or Nee gave few good words for him. Being only person who had some knowledge how to manage web services and similar he got admin position. Crenel promoted him. All that time spent on wiki and changed few ranks yet not able to learn how to interact with people is alarming. When you have people to push you and vouch for you,getting rank becomes like getting a candy. I could see a lot other people being rejected and eventually they gone from PWO. This was never supposed to be Bluerises staff or Bluerises game. However, you had few people on key positions who felt powerful for having their boots licked to support the ideology and what you see today is pretty much the indicator of how system works.

Kirin

PWO's Brains what brains? They opened the floogates and released the beast that was being kept hidden. Things Here,Things there, Things everywhere

OneMillionRattatas

Meh, it's annoying that there are less players are online lately. I for one would love more noob battlers to fight so I have a chance of getting my noob team win 25 battles!

But to say it's dying out just because reg is closed and the client can't even be downloaded by some players who actually have accounts is very short sighted. It's not like this is the first time PWO has been without reg and low on players. We just have to wait, and in the meantime staff are still bringing out updates and events so at least those of us still lucky enough to be able to play right now can still enjoy it. :)

DMleev

Well well, guess PWO needs people to donate, to support the server.
A bunch of players leaving the game means....

Dezolator

DMleev said:
Well well, guess PWO needs people to donate, to support the server.
A bunch of players leaving the game means....
They have to start selling the stuff they bought with donations LOL...i guess nothing last forever

Merse

Youngster
I have serious doubts that the game will live long enough to see the new client. Hardcoreh just doesn't work fast enough. I'm sure he has his reasons, he must have a life after all. And it wouldn't be an issue that he is working slow, if the game wouldn't have been released yet, or if there would be a way to update the current client until the new one is finished. Now there barely will be new contents until the new client is completed, which means we lost more and more player every day because the game becomes boring for them. And since the registration is closed, there is no way to replace those who are leaving with new players.
I'm afraid that Shane condemned to the game to a slow and agonizing death by revoking the right to use his client. Even worse, I'm sure he knew what he was doing.

Toupy

Stop playing then. Im serious if you are mad because there is no new ppl then you can leave pwo for time, take a break and come back when they finish client. There is so much drama in this game.. Developer leave team ? oh noo we need to spam forum and QQ-ing because this game sucks. Why are you playing this game if its suck so hard ? :S If this temporary lack of players is so horrible to you, you can leave and wait for new client, if you think that game is cool and you can withstand this then whats the problem ? Little support for staff, you only know how to yell for more.. They are humans, they can't make new client,event,fix moves,gather players in one month.. It's beta, be little patient or if you are so omniscient then give them helping hand.

Merse

Youngster
It's good to see you being eager, but you obviously have no idea what a monumental task is to build a whole game alone. And Hardcoreh is working on his client for nearly two years now andit didn't even reach pre-alpha status. How long do you think it will take to finish it at this rate?

Toupy

Im not the one who is crying for brand new client NOW. If someone need more ppl to enjoy game then i got bad news because
Toupy said:
they can't make new client,event,fix moves,gather players in one month
you need to wait patiently or find new poke-game. I dont see other options it can't be done as fast as you think it could be.
(Im just kidding :p yelling on forums is 3rd option, tell this lazy staff to get to work and we will get brand new client in no time, im sure they slacking on pile of money)

Saric

Youngster
Merse said:
It's good to see you being eager, but you obviously have no idea what a monumental task is to build a whole game alone. And Hardcoreh is working on his client for nearly two years now andit didn't even reach pre-alpha status. How long do you think it will take to finish it at this rate?
I hope you realize that the client has not been in constant development for the past two years. He quit working on it for quite some time, and only recently picked the project back up.

So it really isn't fair to have a go at him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.