In case of A Zombie Apocalypse

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
What Pokemon team would you want?
Post Pokes and reasoning (no legendaries)
Saw one of these lists on the internet, thought I'd share​

My Team

Metagross- Impervious to zombie attack (he crush them like bug) and psychic so he can clear a path just with his freakin thoughts...what can you do?
Dragonite- Flying flamethrower/electricity source/ personal transportation (at the speed of sound)/ water source/ all around beast.
Arcanine- My favorite Pokemon, keeping me warm at night...riding on his back at extremespeeds...making zombies into running candles...good times.
Chancey- Healing me and my pokes after zombie atack
Mr Mime- Can make barriers so I can sleep at night without worrying about immanent zombie attack, and while Chancey heals me, and my pokemon.
Gyarados- Zombies can't swim, and who doesn't like an angry zombie killing sea dragon? Let them try to bite through his scales.

Other notable mentions include:
Kazam (teleport/ psychic superpoke)
Espeon (loyal to the bitter end)
Onix/ steelix (for tunneling underground/ impervious to zombies, creating sandstorms to keep them away)
Lucario (intelligent zombie fighting machine)

OGPokemaster

My team would be.....

Charizard- roasting zombie flesh, and in case i need to escape quickly i can hop on his back and fly away
scyther- can cleave zombies in half and decapitate them so i know they stay dead.
girafarig- because when my pokemon and i are asleep his tail can watch for an zombies.
Haxorus- his armour plating can protect him from zombie bites
Snorlax- When the going gets tough, snorlax can knock into zombies like a bowling ball crashing into pins.

and last but not least.....Sawk- hand-to-hand combat, sawk can turn a zombie hoard to mush in seconds.

Faabz.

Youngster
Oh this seems very interesting :D

Scizor: A machine :) Great speed and attack also he flies which is very usefull:Bullet Punch,Pursuit,Superpower and Sowrds dance to raise his attack xD
Charizard:It is a must.I can fly high and strike the zombies from the above.Inferno,flamethrower whatever :p Also he could warm me up with is flame and burn things for me
Pikachu:Never leave a friend.Very loyal.Strong bond with this one.
Snorlax:My lovely Adele(nickname on WIFI xD)A tank and with his hungry he could eat a building.
Venusaur:He can produce a lot of things from light,also it is very strong and it would be usefull when summer comes.
Lucario:Close Combat everyone!My personal bodyguard.

Honorable Mentions:
Wobbufet:Mirror Coat + Counter:I can avoid everything
Politoed:Fish for me little friend :p.Also i can make it rain
Mew:My spy.
Dragonite:When things get hard,i would believe that a trip with this guy would calm me down
Bidoof:You must be laughing because of this.Think about it who would think a Bidoof would be a good opponent?Curse + Return:Unbeatable

psychosamm

Youngster
Let's see...

Tropius- Since he literally grows food from his neck, i don't have a reason to go hungry.
Steelix- Whip away zombies with a flick of his tail, he can also dig hideouts for us!
Salamence- Kill zombies and provides an easy way to escape!
Plusle- My personal Ninja, sneaks into rooms to make sure its safe. Also used to help power up any machines that i may need.
Houndoom- My buddy, roasts zombies and let's out his blood-curdling howl, possibly scare some zombies away? At the very least distract them :p
Vaporeon- Helps me put out fires, also would be my back up water source if i run low :p

I'd be totally prepared for a zombie apocalypse :D

king1234

Youngster
Mr. Mime- Invisible walls are bound to come in handy.
Milktank - Free milk CALCIUM!!!
Aggron - Made completely of rock and steel. Have you tried biting through rock or steel? It doesn't work. He can also dig awesome escape tunnels.
Ditto - To transform to any poke i need.
Absol- It would be able to warn me before the zombie apocalypse happened, allowing me time to prepare.
Machamp - Bodyguard, and holding extra crap.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
king1234 said:
Aggron - Made completely of rock and steel. Have you tried biting through rock or steel? It doesn't work. He can also dig awesome escape tunnels.
Absol- It would be able to warn me before the zombie apocalypse happened, allowing me time to prepare.

Nice picks, I told Sam about miltank but she likes bananas XD
I was thinking ditto as well, but the problem I had with it is that if the poke it's transforming into isn't near you it can make a mistake on transforming. This could be a problem in stressful situations, as nerves would probably get the better of it and I wouldn't risk that.
I didnt even think about holding supplies XD maybe Mr Mime could box all of them up to make it easier to carry for Machamp.

king1234

Youngster
EcoWOLFrb said:
king1234 said:
EcoWOLFrb said:
Nice picks, I told Sam about miltank but she likes bananas XD
I was thinking ditto as well, but the problem I had with it is that if the poke it's transforming into isn't near you it can make a mistake on transforming. This could be a problem in stressful situations, as nerves would probably get the better of it and I wouldn't risk that.
I didnt even think about holding supplies XD maybe Mr Mime could box all of them up to make it easier to carry for Machamp.

didnt think of ditto having issues with stressful situations,
plus machamp needs to keep fit.
i bet ur a real survival expert lol

Davion

I would use all my steel types because they are synthetic if they were bitten the virus wouldn't have effect on them MUAJAJA

- Lucario
- Metagross
- Ferrothorn
- Steelix
- Skarmory
- Scizor

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Based on a similar logic, I would use Ghost types because they're already undead, so can't be turned into zombies; and even if they tried, there's nothing to hit. But, there's also the advantage that Ghosts can pass through walls; so I could use one as a scout or spy. For example, if I hid in a building, it could tell me if the thing at my door was a survivor or a zombie by passing through it, so I can prepare; and if I have to leave the building because they've found me, at least one Ghost could explore the house in secret looking for a safe route out in advance, reducing the risk if I have to run suddenly.

...Of course, this assumes an alternate universe where not only do zombies exist, but also where I wasn't already a Gengar myself ;)

HOF69

My team would be:

Salamence - can fly me above zombies and tear them apart when needed
Gyarados - need something to ride on when escaping from zombies over water
Arcanine - my land transport poke with great speed and ability to roast zombies
Steelix - impervious to zombie attacks, can attack from underground
Aggron - my own personal tank to act as a bodyguard for close-quarter combat
Crobat - ability to slice zombie heads off at blazing speeds

Puar

Youngster
You guys keep saying you would use some fire type to roast Zombies. This is the kind of mentality that will end up getting you killed one day. Zombies feel no pain so being set ablaze does nothing to stop them.Instead what you get is Flaming zombies destroying any hope of being able to use whatever structure your in. Unless it is a cave or something non flammable, but even then everything inside your home will likely have some fire damage. Getting eaten alive by a zombie is painful enough let alone while the zombies skin is melting off and setting your clothes on fire.
That being said My choice would be Dialga. Steel/Dragon means I have a formidable ally who is invincible to zombies.
Dialga can fly which is useful but more importantly can slow or stop time which would make escaping a bad situation 100% easier.
Wouldnt mind traveling alone with just dialga but would also consider bringing along Audino for its super hearing
Then either an arcanine or a mightyena for its sense of smell. Cant decide which maybe both or neither.
Arcanine would be good to have around for a constant heat source
But is a liability because dont want flaming zombies.
Mighty is good because less of a fire hazard but is pretty useless and I dont wanna go through what will smith went through with that dog in "I am Legend"

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Puar said:
You guys keep saying you would use some fire type to roast Zombies. This is the kind of mentality that will end up getting you killed one day. Zombies feel no pain so being set ablaze does nothing to stop them.Instead ....."

I do believe I said no legendaries XD
And I have to say that at first flaming zombies wouldnt be a good thing, however after the skin and muscles melt away because of the intense heat of a crowd of flaming zombies they wouldnt be able to do anything. So the ability to ignite a group of zombies from above might be of use after all.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Everyone knows the only way to kill a zombie is by taking its head off, so with that logic Pokemon #1 has got to be Scyther.

Pokemon #2: Safety next, with the ability to create protective barriers and to be able to Teleport us from dangerous areas, Alakazam

Pokemon #3: Post Apocolyptic area? Electrictity becomes a need so I'll bring everyones favourite Pikachu to provide.

Pokemon #4: Similar to bringing a Pika, having survival in mind and being able to fly if needed, who better than Charizard?

Pokemon #5: This party needs some muscle, for fighting zombies when the need arises and to break through any measly blockages so Golem would be a good choice.

Pokemon #6: Ever loyal, source of water and the ability to carry me long distance across water - Lanturn would be my final choice, and it would also give danger to any zombie who manages to swim :p

LunaticJames

Content maker
Choice 1: Wailord
Role: Home, Warlord, Deep sea activities
The largest Pokemon available. If all goes pear shaped, ill just sit on Wailord. Zombies can't bite through its fat, and its too large to get up on from below. And if everything gets too hectic down at the base - "Wailord, roll over. Good boy. Roll, come on, roll over" *all zombies get squished* "Good Wailord."

Choice 2: Glalie
Role: Offense/Defence
To the opposite of a burning Zombie, you have a frozen zombie. Can't move. Brittle. Utterly disabled. A good defense is a good offense.

Choice 3: Hitmonchan
Role: Resource management. Personal Protection. Offense/Defence
Punch for Electricity. Punch for Heating. Punch for Punching. Its like 3 or so Pokemon in one. And it will never get tired.

Choice 4: Chansey
Role: Health and safety
The nurse of the Pokemon world. Not really much to say more than it keeps us all healthy.

Choice 5: Rapidash
Role: Communication, emergency evacuation, alternative heat supply.
Rapidash can transport important messages between me, and other survivors and outposts. Able to leave at the drop of a hat.

Choice 6: Umbreon
Role: Espionage. Lord of the Night.
The world is a dangerous place now. Not only are there zombies dragging themselves around attempting to feed on my team, there are also other groups of people out there that would possibly want my possessions. I need something fast, able to move in the shadows and can interfere with the operation of others/ eavesdrop.

078.png
321.png
197.png
362.png
113.png
107.png
pokemon_trainer_red_sprite_bw2_by_flamejow-d3epczr.png

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
LunaticJames said:
Choice 6: Umbreon
Role: Espionage. Lord of the Night.
The world is a dangerous place now. Not only are there zombies dragging themselves around attempting to feed on my team, there are also other groups of people out there that would possibly want my possessions. I need something fast, able to move in the shadows and can interfere with the operation of others/ eavesdrop.
I never thought of other people being threats in the night, good choice with a lookout like umbreon, it's one of my favorites :)

Fuzioness

just Darkrai for me. If i get in trouble darkrai will open a teleporter for me nd him and we'll be safe + he can make them get nightmares and torture them from the inside >:D