Improving rankings

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]I see many players who stand out in the game because they are on the "Top". But others become less prominent because they're not dedicated to trade and get pokemoney or battle. I had some ideas and was reading other threads when I decided to write about it. It would be interesting to have others rankings to add these players. Like someone said, to create a ''Top Collectors'' and my idea: ''Top PlayTime''.

Comment and give your suggestion too~~
[/glow]

Tecknician

Comment: Your font is hard to read and takes twice as long to read anything.
Suggestion: I would switch to an easier to read font if you want anything taken seriously.

Please excuse my rudeness, but you are less likely to be taken serious (let alone have your posts read) with difficult to read font.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Tecknician said:
Comment: Your font is hard to read and takes twice as long to read anything.
Suggestion: I would switch to an easier to read font if you want anything taken seriously.

Please excuse my rudeness, but you are less likely to be taken serious (let alone have your posts read) with difficult to read font.

[glow=red]Sorry for my ignorance, for do you waste your time and try to share an idea with other players. And sorry for use this font again, maybe one day I'll can have better ideas. [/glow]

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Tecknician makes a good point - red glow on black, rounded text makes the posts seem blurry and difficult to read. This is personally why I ditched the glow effect on my posts a long time ago - Century Gothic is a preferred font of mine because its wide, curved letters are easy to read; but with a glow effect it made my posts blurry too.

However, I have no problem reading your suggestion; and I personally take EVERY post seriously. What I would be interested to know is what exactly you would consider your criteria for "Top Collector". If you're talking who has the most Pokémon, this is redundant as there's a cap of 1,000 Pokémon allowed on a single account and it would likely get all ten slots filled with the first ten people who achieved this anyway (even with all the hackers, I'm sure in six years of PWO being active there will by now have been at least 10 legitimate players who've hit the cap). If you mean something else, please elaborate as it might be something of interest.

I do believe at one point, the Playerdex DID have a "Top Playtime" chart but it's no longer there. I may be wrong though. As I don't personally work on the Playerdex I couldn't say how easy it would be to implement - but knowledge of how easy it is to pull MySQL Data, combined with my own work on similar projects (for example, the Listener Voting Charts on Sanitarium.FM), tell me it's likely easy. However, it would be up to other Staff Members to decide whether we did it or not.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Jinji said:
Tecknician makes a good point - red glow on black, rounded text makes the posts seem blurry and difficult to read. This is personally why I ditched the glow effect on my posts a long time ago - Century Gothic is a preferred font of mine because its wide, curved letters are easy to read; but with a glow effect it made my posts blurry too.

However, I have no problem reading your suggestion; and I personally take EVERY post seriously. What I would be interested to know is what exactly you would consider your criteria for "Top Collector". If you're talking who has the most Pokémon, this is redundant as there's a cap of 1,000 Pokémon allowed on a single account and it would likely get all ten slots filled with the first ten people who achieved this anyway (even with all the hackers, I'm sure in six years of PWO being active there will by now have been at least 10 legitimate players who've hit the cap). If you mean something else, please elaborate as it might be something of interest.

I do believe at one point, the Playerdex DID have a "Top Playtime" chart but it's no longer there. I may be wrong though. As I don't personally work on the Playerdex I couldn't say how easy it would be to implement - but knowledge of how easy it is to pull MySQL Data, combined with my own work on similar projects (for example, the Listener Voting Charts on Sanitarium.FM), tell me it's likely easy. However, it would be up to other Staff Members to decide whether we did it or not.

[glow=red]I know the staff have a lot things more importants to make to improve the game (and it's really better). I just wanted to give a suggestion for the future. When I said about ''Top Collectors'' I was referring me to this. And a ''Top PlayTime'' was only an idea to take the 10 players who have more hours in game.

Thank you for your comment Teck and you are always so attentive, Jinji. I'll try to get other font more easy to read.
[/glow]

LanceDM

Sorry for the interrumption, but guys... you could've been a bit less dramatic about his font, its not a big thing, you could've sent a pm instead making him look like this in public. I don't know why I am always the only one that doesn't care to say the truth agaisnt you (the staff), but there wouldn't be a balance without people like me, having players that will always applaud your acts is something that won't give a progress to this game.
Referring to your idea, the ones playing since 2008 are going to have advantage, but it may be I guess.

The-Predator

Youngster
same, i can perfectly read what he typed the only problem i see with that kind of font/size is that with a large text it could be spamming as a smaller type could be used instead.

about the 2008 players having advantage, i think they deserve to be on the top ten play time list as they would have more hours after all that´s what top 10 playtime list is about xD about the top 10 collector, i dont think that could work i see the same point as future_sight stated at ur thread Lance_DM (noob)... (kredface)

LanceDM

KPyppo said:
same, i can perfectly read what he typed the only problem i see with that kind of font/size is that with a large text it could be spamming as a smaller type could be used instead.

about the 2008 players having advantage, i think they deserve to be on the top ten play time list as they would have more hours after all that´s what top 10 playtime list is about xD about the top 10 collector, i dont think that could work i see the same point as future_sight stated at ur thread Lance_DM (noob)... (kredface)

Ya, you may be right, It just came to my mind and I throw it here without thinking carefully :p (sad)

xellos15

i like his suggestion though.

ohh and pls add top disconnectors if its possible :D

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
LanceDM said:
Sorry for the interrumption, but guys... you could've been a bit less dramatic about his font, its not a big thing, you could've sent a pm instead making him look like this in public. I don't know why I am always the only one that doesn't care to say the truth agaisnt you (the staff), but there wouldn't be a balance without people like me, having players that will always applaud your acts is something that won't give a progress to this game.
Referring to your idea, the ones playing since 2008 are going to have advantage, but it may be I guess.

[glow=red]Really, old players are going to have advantage. But some players (like me :p ) spend much time in game (in my case, all my free time ;D ). Others old players also pass a lot of time turned off the game. So it's all a question of time. :) [/glow]

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
I'm not that old of a player but I believe I have the most hours clocked currently. And iirc from lee's twitter there was a ss of new features on the pdex listing hours being one of them.