I want my Snover back !!!

king1234

Youngster
kassste said:
Just caught a Snover. I just caught a Snover and bloody server crashed. Couldnt find it in playerdex, I dont know its ID and relog wasnt an option, cuz server was full. Heres proof : [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

Give me back my Snover !!!!

he said he JUST CAUGHT, and his post is umm today

also

J0X1 said:
i just lost one snover+s swinub because of the last crash, so i feel like ranting but it will be pointless. Whatever

He said he caught one, so thats 2 today. i was just looking for a yes or no. not "what lead me to believe this".....

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
king1234 said:
kassste said:
Just caught a Snover. I just caught a Snover and bloody server crashed. Couldnt find it in playerdex, I dont know its ID and relog wasnt an option, cuz server was full. Heres proof : [ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]

also

J0X1 said:
i just lost one snover+s swinub because of the last crash, so i feel like ranting but it will be pointless. Whatever

He said he caught one, so thats 2 today. i was just looking for a yes or no. not "what lead me to believe this".....
Yes.

king1234

Youngster
Julio~ said:
king1234 said:
kassste said:

also

J0X1 said:

Yes.

so umm why didn't you just said yes before, rather than answering my question with a question...
Did you want to increase your forums post or something?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I'm sorry kasste but this is not a new or different situation here. Many many players have lost something important due to crashes, from massive amounts of XP/levels gained while losting the ability to battle the NPCs again, to gym leader wins, to rares and shinies. I would venture to say that anyone who has been around longer than a year or so has a very high chance of having one of the above stories to tell. In many cases just like yours the data was recorded and saved on the ingame pokedex while the actual pokemon was not. Save data is recorded separately and crashes often destroy only part of what was saved. We have to prioritise that process so that deliberately crashing the client does not allow you to double up on items/pokemon etc or gain free rebattles. In short, to protect from abuse, so it is unlikely rejigging the save process would help much in these cases, and it has been tried before.

In fact the only difference in this case to many such issues in the past is that we all know the server is unstable and there are issues. The system posted a recommendation in fact not long before the crash to restart your game to force a save with any important progress. It is understood that you didn't want to risk being locked out but the option was there.

Unfortunately although there are things we could do in individual cases like this, they would require a LOT more work on the part of staff to recover data lost in this way for everyone. This does not only include replacing data or items or money or pokemon but also investigating each case thoroughly to make sure that there are no false reports made to claim things that weren't actually obtained in the first place.

We do harp on the fact that this is a beta game to the point of it seeming like empty rhetoric, but it is a fact. And at no time more so than right now while there is a major issue causing game freezes and crashes. It is more practical in this case to leave the server up, player testing is helpful not hindering the process. So if you do not wish to participate while the game is in this state, please return later.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
king1234 said:
so umm why didn't you just said yes before, rather than answering my question with a question...
I was encouraging you to make your own conclusions. What was not that hard considering that an event is on-going. ;)

JD001

Youngster
Well I'll be damned...

Ha9DARo.png
qacSrmF.png

It seems someone else caught it after the crash with the same exact IV's. Not sure if this is just coincidence or always happens to be this way. I bought it from someone who I believe bought it from the original owner. Send me a pm and I'll help you out

Pretentious

Wow. That's it. Time to explain the spawn system :D

Unless of course the OP was trying to pull a fast one on everybody... and in that case they should be banned fo lyfe.

J0X1

There are multiple pokemons with the exact same ivs in game. It's not a new thing.

Pretentious

Of course, but did you catch that Pokemon today right after that other one was caught?

Pretentious

Well I think it's pretty interesting that a HR(?) Pokemon which was caught before a server crash appears a few hours later with the exact same IVs.

Is there anyone good with probability that can crunch the numbers on that?

Jinga

same poke one hour ago more or less pretty interesting

Naero

Pretentious said:

For anyone who's really looking for the precise odds :)P), the probability (disregarding how RNGs may skew the actual calculation) of a Pokemon having an identical permutation of IVs is: 0.0000000009313225736 - also 1/1,073,741,824, in fractional notation.

To explain how I methodically calculated it, for anyone wondering about probability distribution:

1. I divided 1 by 32 - the exact probability of an IV landing on a particular value within the IV range; 32 is the denominator because 0 counts as an IV value too. That value is 0.03125, in decimal notation.

2. I exponentiated 0.03125 to the sixth power; in other words, I multiplied the probability of landing a single IV value by 6, to deduce the odds of landing particular IV values--the constituents of identical sets of IVs--in all six stats.

Pretentious

Naero said:
Pretentious said:

For anyone who's really looking for the precise odds :)P), the probability (disregarding how RNGs may skew the actual calculation) of a Pokemon having an identical permutation of IVs is: 0.0000000009313225736 - also 1/1,073,741,824, in fractional notation.

To explain how I methodically calculated it, for anyone wondering about probability distribution:

1. I divided 1 by 32 - the exact probability of an IV landing on a particular value within the IV range; 32 is the denominator because 0 counts as an IV value too. That value is 0.03125, in decimal notation.

2. I exponentiated 0.03125 to the sixth power; in other words, I multiplied the probability of landing a single IV value by 6, to deduce the odds of landing particular IV values--the constituents of identical sets of IVs--in all six stats.

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to see. Naero <3

king1234

Youngster
Julio~ said:
king1234 said:
I was encouraging you to make your own conclusions. What was not that hard considering that an event is on-going. ;)

No just No. Don't. You first post was just unnecessary, i was looking for a definite answer.
Anyways this same thing happened with rotom, the staff failed to inform the public about its spawn which resulted i didn't get to catch one. Ill be damned if i will let the same thing happened again.