I want my Snover back !!!

kassste

Just caught a Snover. I just caught a Snover and bloody server crashed. Couldnt find it in playerdex, I dont know its ID and relog wasnt an option, cuz server was full. Heres proof : [attachment=4294]

Give me back my Snover !!!!

Attachments

• snover.jpg
    snover.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 836

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Without an ID its like your pokemon never existed. It means it wasn't saved on the database because of the crash. I guess you probably already know about this. So there's no way to return it; unfortunately.

kassste

Julio~ said:
Without an ID its like your pokemon never existed. It means it wasn't saved on the database because of the crash. I guess you probably already know about this. So there's no way to return it; unfortunately.

I remember one older forum topic where somebody lost his S Karp or something like that and server crashed when he threw a pokeball and that poke didnt appear in his PC cuz of that, but this is a bit different story. Pokemon WAS caught. Its data WAS saved on my in-game Pokedex. I WAS able to see it on my PC as its visible in the pic. Some of the staff explained that pokemons ID is made at the same moment when pokemon is caught so its ID should besomewhere in cache or somewhere else.

Nikola

Youngster
That Snover does not exist I am afraid. Once game crashes it rollbacks things for previous save game state. If you checked the ID for it, it would be 0 which means that Pokemon was never saved into the DB. There are no records and nothing can be done as Julio already stated above. Too bad about the stats. Was epic indeed.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
kassste said:
Some of the staff explained that pokemons ID is made at the same moment when pokemon is caught so its ID should besomewhere in cache or somewhere else.
It's not totally true. If you use /IV command to check the IVs of your pokémon quickly after you catch it you'll notice that its ID is 0 until server save your data, which happens each 4 minutes. So it has no ID.

kassste

Nikola said:
That Snover does not exist I am afraid. Once game crashes it rollbacks things for previous save game state. If you checked the ID for it, it would be 0 which means that Pokemon was never saved into the DB. There are no records and nothing can be done as Julio already stated above. Too bad about the stats. Was epic indeed.

There is something that can be done. More than one thing.
1) Remake a new Snover with new ID, with the same stats and add to my account;
2) Make DB refresh and save stats every minute instead of whatever time it is now. Feels like about 15-20 mins;
3) Put ID visible in-game when its saved; forget about this. There is /iv so u can see 0
4) Make an option that every player can save his progress at ANY moment without relogging OR waiting on autosave which is not often enough;
5) Be human beings instead of bloody lawyers.

Nikola

Youngster
Saving system can be amended actually. It can be even made to log you out just to force save your progress. There are many things, but currently nothing can be done. Not quite sure if anything is being planned re saving system. If you are going to feel better, you are not the only one who lost things. Sad to say, but nothing will be given to you due to rollback. We all know it's annoying.

Capt.Sparrow

Accept that your pokes gone mate, because you know the consequence if we still hunting, now that the server had a problem.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
1st, isn't going to happen even if you fill a glass with the tears of children and present it on an altar. It'd set a bad precedent for other players who lose stuff due to rollbacks
2nd, reducing the time gap to half wouldn't be a completely bad idea to implement (and not just during times of server instability)
3rd, already happens (once the autosave processes, a recently caught pokemon gains an id number)
4th, as mentioned, logging out forces the game to save
5th, it's not a matter of being a human being or not. It's unrealistic and unreasonable to think staff has any duty to replace what was lost on a rollback.

Bottom line is you weren't the first and surely won't be the last, so just accept what happened and move on

kassste

Capt.Sparrow said:
Accept that your pokes gone mate, because you know the consequence if we still hunting, now that the server had a problem.

I wont accept it and I will tell u why. Staff have legendary and uncatchable pokes for their own needs. They can make toys for them and walk around just like that. It has to be possible to remake poke with exact stats and add to somebodys account. Its just a question if they want to do that or if they are able, since there are not a lot of guys with the right attitude to do some work especially when one of the brightest minds left. And I already know the answer. I can live with that, but I will never accept.

Sasodic

KaiTheLoneWolf I totally disagree. Is it his fair that you catch a poke just to lose the next minute and staff does nothing about it? Is it even worth playing during the event then? It's not their duty to replace, but it's a fair request that should be considered when there's proof of what happened and it wasn't his fault.

kassste

KaiTheLoneWolf said:

It is not an option if server is full and u have to wait for hours to get back in

Franc92

Youngster
Yeah playing PWO sometimes becomes controversial and even paradoxal. Just get use to loose time and nerves when it comes to you to face this kind of problems! As Kay said, you will not be the last and you are not either the first who has been affected by this kind of problems.
Cheers

Sasodic

KaiTheLoneWolf said:
AND actually, that doesn't help either, since I logged out the second I caught my sneasel, and then saw server crushing again.

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Sasodic said:
KaiTheLoneWolf I totally disagree. Is it his fair that you catch a poke just to lose the next minute and staff does nothing about it? Is it even worth playing during the event then? It's not their duty to replace, but it's a fair request that should be considered when there's proof of what happened and it wasn't his fault.

No. If such a request was taken in then every time someone would lose something due to a rollback they'd do the same kind of request every single time. It'd create a bad habit among the playerbase and it'd take focus from staff from stuff that actually needs to be focused on (besides afaik, spawned pokemon can't editable to the point of handpicking ivs, what can be selected is the species to spawn, their level and whether it is going to be shiny or not).

Sasodic

franc1992, but that's the kind of thing that keeps this going. If everyone every time taht happens just accepts it, admins won't bother looking in to it. I say people need to not accept it louder to get attention for this problem, otherwise it's not that big of a deal. It's not fair. It's not ok. And something has to be done.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Sasodic said:
franc1992, but that's the kind of thing that keeps this going. If everyone every time taht happens just accepts it, admins won't bother looking in to it. I say people need to not accept it louder to get attention for this problem, otherwise it's not that big of a deal. It's not fair. It's not ok. And something has to be done.
I do agree. However this game is a Beta Version and it's under development; we're testing features in order to avoid future bugs. I'm not saying you're both wrong but development is limited and solutions are being worked on, not fast as we would like but I learned here we need patience. Little fixes could be applied to these minor issues however they need to discuss every little detail and maybe build new tools.

J0X1

i just lost one snover+s swinub because of the last crash, so i feel like ranting but it will be pointless. Whatever

LeroyGarcia

Youngster
yeah sht just happens....the servers have been almost unplayable and people need to keep in mind that any catch can be lost. The most you can do when you make a good catch is to log out and log back in just in case server crashes.