I lost a S Tauros by the game mistake

SlimShady

hey guys, i caught a S tauros today and went to pc after caught it. But it wasnt shiny. Only none shiny one was in there. it happened 3rd time to me. 2 years ago i was caught a S growlithe but it was normal one in the box and last year i lost a S vulpix by same error. Plz , i dont wanna lose my rare shinies like that. Any staff member , plz help me.

http://www.imgim.com/tauros.png

Attachments

• tauros.png
    tauros.png
    414.5 KB · Views: 49

DeZoLa

Youngster
it happened to me many time during events in the past . i think its a server bug.

Saric

Youngster
It's an old bug that still happens every now and again. It's purely a visual thing, it wasn't actually shiny.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Saric's right. It's an old bug, but one we have struggled to pin down since it happens very rarely, can disappear for months at a time, and seems to only affect specific accounts. Sometimes, actual Shiny Pokémon look normal as well.

I don't know if this is still true, but a long time ago the way to tell if the Pokémon was actually Shiny, is that the first message in the battle would say the word "SHINY" before the Pokémon's name: "A wild SHINY Zubat appeared!". If it didn't say SHINY, it wasn't Shiny, whether or not the game showed it as one. The Server knows whether the Pokémon is Shiny and will set the correct value when the Pokémon is caught, but the game itself is getting confused somewhere along the line.

While we can't help in such situations as the game never thought the Pokémon was Shiny to begin with, what may help is if you encounter the bug again, make a note of everything you did before the battle, what Pokémon are in your party (including if any are Shiny or not) and any other details you can give us. Hopefully we can pinpoint something some day that will help us discover this bug.

Nshims

Possibly related to what grchw said, if you did no damage on the pokemon,
and you can see that the HP bar is not complete, it may be that the server shows HP bar of an S Pokemon,
As the pokemon is not S You can see the difference of IVs in HP bar.

justme1306

Youngster
its a old bug . it happen if u have a shiny in first slot. happened to me before and grchw always hunt with s gengar in first slot so thats might be the problem.