Hunting in Kanto.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
As most of you know we have not so long ago removed several HRs from Kanto. The fossils and snorlax. So what's left? Where do you hunt in Kanto now?

Also would you prefer lots of maps be useful hunting wise or fewer maps that are worth hunting on but with more useful pokemon in them?

Please be thorough in your answers, listing all the places you hunt and where you have hunted/may hunt again. Any other comments on the spawns in Kanto are welcome but we are really looking to know what you are hunting these days as things stand now.

Nightmare!

Kanto in my opinion, is a great region to hunt for shines like growthile,magby , onix etc, but I think it needs to have HR pokes that worth the hunting like the pokes in DD or Mt. Silver. I prefer having our current maps get new spawns rather than making new maps because most Kanto maps are great, they just need that little touch that let them out stand to the rest of the other maps.

prof.lucky

the great place hunt in kanto is in spliting river reverse i can stick in here to hunt s grow s scyther or maybe s hitmon
my hope got more time in safari and then i can hunt kangaskhan lil bit and i hope i can see lot of good HR in kanto
and i hope we can find train station or ferry station in fuchsia city

filipy

Safari where we can find exxeg S, S tauros,
Pinsir S, S scyther and who knows S kanga

Metlieb

nightmarerealm said:
Kanto in my opinion, is a great region to hunt for shines like growthile,magby , onix etc, but I think it needs to have HR pokes that worth the hunting like the pokes in DD or Mt. Silver. I prefer having our current maps get new spawns rather than making new maps because most Kanto maps are great, they just need that little touch that let them out stand to the rest of the other maps.

I agree to this. Kanto already has beautiful maps. No need for new ones, in my opinion. Though when I think about it, I generally mostly hunt either in Dragons Den or Mt. Silver. I used to hunt in the Power Plant for S Voltorb, Pika and Elekid, but when I got one, I left the area because the demand for latter pokemon is rather small compared to the demand for Dratini, Bagon or Larvitar and their evos. Also, when I'm in DD or MS I always have some Pokemon to train, so I kinda train while looking for valuable Pokemon, which for me is more rewarding than simply looking for some pokemon in a lvl 10-16 area. Otherwise, you might spend days without having caught anything valuable or trained my pokemon.

fOxys

hello guys! these days there are very few Pokemon in kanto even worth hunting ! Personally , I had two months in SRR to get my S grow and chose this site due to the possibility of getting Pokemon VR and HR too! But I think it is a spot that is losing strength because scythers are no longer used in battles ! Also usually hunt in Safari , but it is very annoying to the limit of 10 minutes!
These days , I try to hunt down a S Magby in Cinnabar because it will be the item evolution and this time I think it is the only place that even worth it.
Power Plant could be a good place to hunt , but Elekid is HR and has many common and rare Pokemon that is not worth the effort! The magnamite is rare in Power Plant and is Comn in Jhoto . This happens with many Pokémon in PWO .
In my opinion, the economy and the value of Pokemon are down ! The events have been nice to see some Pokémon HR , VR or R in another difficulty capturing , but the players need to truly novel motivated to continue with the game !
If there is more maps or not , what the game needs is new Pokémon !
I'm all for new maps them if there are completely new Pokemon !
I think the players deserve to have an update of this magnitude !
Thanks and keep up the good work !

Rigaudon

Youngster
Regards:
•For clarity, we are not talking about new, custom maps.
•We would like to know where you hunt in Kanto and why you hunt there.
•We also want to know if you would prefer a) fewer hunting places places that have more hunting pokemon per map or b) more places to hunt in, but with fewer hunting pokemon per map.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I like to hunt in safari zone 2, where I can find kangaskhan, scyther, pinsir and exeggcute. Or maybe in Splitting River Reserve, where I can find growlithe and scyther. Shiny versions are the goal.

I vote for the second option, if you are saying to put only 3 or 4 pokémons per map, for example.

b) more places to hunt in, but with fewer hunting pokemon per map.

But if you saying to put 3 or 4 good pokémons and other 4 or 5 useless ones per map, I vote for the first option.
a) fewer hunting places places that have more hunting pokemon per map

Merse

Youngster
It's just my opinion again, but I don't think shinys should be something to hunt for. I mean they should be ideally so rare that you never would dare hunting for one because you would spend most likely the rest of your PWO career looking for one.
What I would like to point out that other than shinys, there is no HR (yes I still call them HR even though categories don't exist any more) that would be worth hunting in Kanto because they are either not desired Pokemon or they are less rare elsewhere. The only exception is Duskull, but it was rare during an event recently and it's more like a collectible which you're going after if you have nothing better to do. Or there is Elekid, Pinsir or Slugma but it's the very same. Those who want one only want it for having it, so they will only hunt it if they have no idea what to do. Some new HRs or more common Pokes reverted to HRs would be great (meaning: they are not easier to catch anywhere). If I would have anything to say I would pick Vulpix, Onix, Pikachu and I would consider introducing a HR water type like Wailmer.