HR encounters

Fionavara

true word fonty!
As one of the most (well lets' be nice and claim I'm dedicated) hunters let me say: you have to hunt for it to find it...I see it all the time..people claiming to hunt for a HR or shiny and spend 2-3 hours then change map hunt somthing else or go battling then return two days later and hunt again 1-2 hours then leave again and then say they hunted for this pokemon for 4 days without luck...really...
I concur that HR's are much harder to find then a random shiny common, I find maybe 1-2 every WEEK despite me average 10 hours hunting a DAY at the same spot whilst I can find 2-3 shiny common a DAY!
But even if you aren't spending the amount of time like I do, you still have to stay put to find the bleeding things...moving around like frogs on hot stones doesn't give you anything. If you really want to find them you have to stay until u found them....that works for me anyway..
mata joudou!!

InvisibleMonsters

Fionavara said:
true word fonty!
As one of the most (well lets' be nice and claim I'm dedicated) hunters let me say: you have to hunt for it to find it...I see it all the time..people claiming to hunt for a HR or shiny and spend 2-3 hours then change map hunt somthing else or go battling then return two days later and hunt again 1-2 hours then leave again and then say they hunted for this pokemon for 4 days without luck...really...
I concur that HR's are much harder to find then a random shiny common, I find maybe 1-2 every WEEK despite me average 10 hours hunting a DAY at the same spot whilst I can find 2-3 shiny common a DAY!
But even if you aren't spending the amount of time like I do, you still have to stay put to find the bleeding things...moving around like frogs on hot stones doesn't give you anything. If you really want to find them you have to stay until u found them....that works for me anyway..
mata joudou!!

i agree with this. say you go hunt for elekid and you're in power plant what? a couple hours and then you go some where else and hunt. any pokemon you run into on another map, hunting something else could have been an elekid because of the chances. if you stayed in one spot and hunted for a few days, you would eventually run into a HR because you're not wasting that 1 in 10000 or something on some random (common probably) pokemon instead of a HR. so you're stuck going back, hunting through another 10000 for that 1 in 10000 chance. does that make sense? like you're passing by your chance to encounter that pokemon kind of thing but then again, just because those odds are 1/10000 or something doesn't mean you'd encounter it within that time but i think it still applies about missing your chance, no matter the odds because it could be wasted on something else. i could be wrong about that but that's how i see it.

however, i do think sometimes it is luck and just because it's a 1/10000 chance or something that you have to go through another 10000 to get that HR. the other day, i found snorlax and an hour later, i found elekid and i didn't go through a bunch of pokemon to do that like some people who go through weeks trying to find a pokemon and only one alone. this also applied when i found sneasel then glalie the next day (didn't go through that many pokemon i normally would have to encounter a HR smiliar to the snorlax/elekid situation) and i found those BOTH before a shiny swinub (i have membership so i was expecting to find this before a HR, let alone two of them.)

idk though, just my opinion. if you want something, you gotta hunt for it and be dedicated to do it, not jump around everytime you get bored or something.

bigdidy

Youngster
im playing for like 2years....like no HR's

1)Dratini had to kill
2)a HR Lanturn xD
3)HR Gyarados
4)Lots of Spheals
5)Eevee

maybe more but thats about it xD i dont got luck...Only in trades

Never Caught a S Common+(NO S Rares xD)

HeavyPetter

Fionavara said:
true word fonty!
mata joudou!!

What?!? You play 10 hours per day?? Thats a dedicated hunter if I ever saw one...