HR encounters

KstersSlade

How long have you been playing? How many have you had in your time of PWO? What would you like to find?
So far in my time here which is roughly a year, I've had 5 Horribly Rare encounters. I made this topic to remind everyone of the rarity of a HR pokemon and why they shouldnt be sold for such low prices like they are nowadays. Yeah I know its the economy, supply and demand, but still you dont run into a HR everyday or at least I dont lol.

1-Pineco(Exploded on me)
2-Snover(Christmas)
3-Makuhita(Awsome stats)
4-Dratini(Had to kill it)
5-Bagon(Kind of made up for Dratini)

And I would like to find magby..

*Spheal doesnt Count because they are kinda very easy to find :)

KstersSlade

future_sight said:
i joined one year and 14 days ago, only two or three spheals til today x.x

Oh that kinda makes me feel better lol, but I can make spheal count if you want :)

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
nah, Spheals are as easy as VRs. just like murkrow is as easy as Rares o_O
i never really hunt much, the only times i ent for hunting was at christmas, halloween, and shiny hunting at route 8. when i was a nub, i used to stop by at route 12 and hunt for some minutes lol

KstersSlade

future_sight said:
nah, Spheals are as easy as VRs. just like murkrow is as easy as Rares o_O
i never really hunt much, the only times i ent for hunting was at christmas, halloween, and shiny hunting at route 8. when i was a nub, i used to stop by at route 12 and hunt for some minutes lol

Ohh ok lol

InvisibleMonsters

currently:

sneasel
glalie
snorlax
dratini (had to kill)
houndour
elekid
koffing
duskull
skarmory
heracross
lapras

i think that's it besides like carvanha and spheal but eh, easily a VR instead of HR. i've also found pokemon that were HR in certain areas like ditto, onix, etc. but VR in other places so those don't really count either. as for other HRs i want..meh, probably dratini/bagon/magby but they aren't a priority for me to hunt for.

psychosamm

Youngster
Wow I feel better about myself now, I've been playing since May and I've found:
4 Lapras
1 Snorlax
3 Houndours
2 Spheals
1 Togepi
3 Marils (Where they were HR)
1 Barboach
2 Chanseys (Was my 1st HR)

Not sure if i'm missing anything else, I probably am, I just can't remember. But yeah, 5 HRs in a year? That mega sucks, I hope your luck gets better <3

Not sure why but I seem to have luck with Lapras, I'm not complaining! *Is now suddenly unable to find any forever*

kurtisbmx

I have found at least one of every hr and I have found over 6 dratini last I checked been playing over a year at the least

Merse

Youngster
The price of HR depends on the supply and demand. Even if every player catches 1 HR in every month, it makes tens of thousands of them. Of course their price will drop drastically. The only way to fix this issue? Find a method which is fair but still would take Pokemons out of the game.

meskalin

Well dont know how you hunt if you get only 3-5 HR in a year. Even Bagon is caught every 7 hours or so. Caught 2 of them yeasterday :p

Faabz.

Youngster
Since i was playing i only caught:
-2 Dratinis
-Glalie
-Houndour

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Houndour- caught
Houndour- caught
Houndour (halloween) - caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Gyarados -killed
Gyarados - killed
Skarmory - Killed :(

All the HRs I can remember from my 4 years of playing. >:l I'm sure I missed more crappy ones, but I remember all the cool ones I saw. :3

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
I might be very lucky then upwards of 75hrs in my time here, going on 6 heracross in just under 4 days

Faabz.

Youngster
CheckeredZebra said:
Houndour- caught
Houndour- caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Gyarados -killed
Gyarados - killed

All the HRs I can remember from my 4 years of playing. >:l I'm sure I missed more crappy ones, but I remember all the cool ones I saw. :3

Gyarados doesn't count D:

Unless those were shiny ::)

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Faabz. said:
CheckeredZebra said:
Houndour- caught
Houndour- caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Mr. Mime - caught
Gyarados -killed
Gyarados - killed

Gyarados doesn't count D:

Unless those were shiny ::)

Why not? They're listed as HR, so they have approx 1/1000+ chance to be encountered. They're a waste of an encounter, though.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Me and my kids, over six accounts, but mostly one computer went over our rare catches at the beginning of this year. After 2.5 years we had caught about 13 hr's and about the same amount of shiny pokemon. That's without ms, but shows maybe the actual catch rate of hr's since we already know the rate of shinies. 8)

Anyway, that was then, since that time, last few months anyway, I've been systematically hunting down all the hr's. I've got a much larger haul now- about as many again since the beginning of this year as the 2.5 years before that. Moral of the story, you have to hunt for them to find them- if you just wait for them to pop up or give up on your hunts before you bag one the chances seem a lot less. That may seem an obvious statement, but I've come across a few shinies just passing through a route, but I don't remember catching ANY hr without actually hunting for it- i.e. spending a LOT of hours in the same route just grinding for it.