How much should the Monthly Transport Pass cost?

Rigaudon

Youngster
Right now it costs $250,000.
Should it cost more, less, or stay the same? And why?

Gobfather

I say 100k, I don't really have a reason why, other than that I feel 250k is way too much to be spending on something so small yet used so often ingame.

Saurus

Banned
The cost of $250 000 is ridiculously too much. The point of getting everyone to use the monthly transport at a reasonable fee is to have the price look inviting. Not scaring them off. If the price were to be dropped, i'm sure many would start buying a monthly pass instead of a one day/5 day/10 day whatever the case may be, to avoid having to spend so much money. From a new players perspective, seeing that sum of money for the first time completely nullifies any hope of them wanting to even use the monthly option.

A price drop is good. When prices go down in electronic stores, customers come rushing. Lol. Just my opinion.

javier99

I think the price should stay the same because with the ferry/train you can travel pretty much everywhere in both region which give's player more time to farm or quest.
250k is be a really high price for new players but I think it does worths it. I personally use it 5-10 everyday !

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
No matter what the price is, people will complain that it's too high if it's anything but an unreasonably low amount. If people have a problem with the current price they should just do what I do, and use it as little as possible.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I think the price is fair. If I would buy individual tickets every time I want to take the train/ferry I would spend much more money with rides.

joysclash

well 250k is a bit too much high for beginners who just started playing ...so if the price be around 150-200k that would be a real deal for the new players :)

MeteoricMonkey9

Price is right for me. I think we you actually "need" using the train system much is once you get all your 16 badges and have to got round the country battling gym npcs and others. And if you actually train at the highest lvl spots you'll get far more than 250k/month. I mean, I got almost 100k just half my npc round and training at mt silver for a day. 2 npc "rounds" per month, and wild poke training... you'll sure be able to pay for the expenses and have some money for a rainy day :p

Merse

Youngster
250k is too high, really. I never buy it as I barely use the transports more than 10-12 times per month, so for me, 250k is definitely too much. I doubt if there are too many who are using trains and ferries that often. Gob's 100k sounds fair, or maybe 150k, so it wouldn't be so cheap ;)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Food for thought.
*At its current price, you'd have to use the train 50+ times that month for it to be worth the purchase. This means close to 13-14 times a week.

*When I and Lumi asked players how many times they used the train a week (both ingame and in a topic) some said they used it more than 70 times a week. The forum poll I did a few days ago shows this as well.

*When also asked what they thought the train price should be, some actually suggested an increase in price.

What is your opinion on that?

Who is the target audience of the monthly pack, and would you consider yourself part of the target audience? (Or could you be if the pass is priced differently in the future, as opposed to just buying the 10 ticket pack?)

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
The amount of people who use it 5-10 times a day are probably strongly enabled by the monthly pass, to the point that they might very well be using it so much simply to justify buying the pass. I believe that if the price was increased, a good portion of these people using it very frequently wouldn't bother buying it, and thus use it a more normal amount (discovering that there really is no need for 70+ uses per week). This is much like the people at the buffet eating plate after plate even though they're full, just because they'd like to get their money's worth.

Gobfather

EcoWOLFrb said:
The amount of people who use it 5-10 times a day are probably strongly enabled by the monthly pass, to the point that they might very well be using it so much simply to justify buying the pass. I believe that if the price was increased, a good portion of these people using it very frequently wouldn't bother buying it, and thus use it a more normal amount (discovering that there really is no need for 70+ uses per week). This is much like the people at the buffet eating plate after plate even though they're full, just because they'd like to get their money's worth.

I completely agree with all of this. I personally rather penny pinch, and would find myself walking a lot more and rarely even using the train. Just as in real life, gas(and other things) keeps rising here, so I resort to biking and taking the city bus.

Merse

Youngster
If the monthly pass is intended to be a premium service, then the price should be kept as it is because it clearly is used by some.
But if it is intended to be a money sink (so it could balance the economy by sucking out the most money possible from the game), its price should be lowered to about 100-150k.