Hey Bluerise. This is sick

Sabo

Banned
We had disussionn about this not while ago but sad thing those things are happening again.

Case1: Guy gets token scammed and he gets normal gyarados for 6 tokens value
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=34343
http://i.imgur.com/yEUBFqq.png

Case2: Guy in trade about 30 tokens gets normal growlithe
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=34363
http://i.imgur.com/612fEnx.png
http://i.imgur.com/klfymYi.png

Case3: Guy gets scammed and gets answer after half month that poke is not longer with a scammer:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=34110

Where is problems. Guy reported scam weeks/month before any action have been taken. Scammer of course will use that and make small fortune on his alternative account. At end scammer gets rich for risk of one account while scammed person gets laughed at and treated as animal. This is way beyong funny. Such policy is not helping the game to move on on better. We are aware that you might be busy. But why would people suffer of be laughed at just because you are busy? Is there any approach to do those things different? Why even trade tokens that way. Are there any other staff that can work on tokens? I know GMs don't do token problems but seriously why is this happening.

Victims gets laughed at and scammers gets benefit. I will not mention people who got spawned billions on accounts and shinys. You know what i am talking about and I know you were aware of that all time. I will not talk about that because I don't want any drama to happen where avalanche of players is going to hate you for 9999th time.Doing that you pretty much did what older GMs did and yet you give them critic. Just think about how you treat people. Not all victims are saints but that should't matter everyone deserves same chances. Can we discus about this with no hate and possibly change something? I don't hate you dude. I just hate the system done by you people. We are in position to discuss. And please do so. Thanks. Sabo

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Re, the previous topic - any feedback given will be reviewed over the next few weeks as we start to work on money transfer tools and possibly items for staff.

If any Pokemon involved with a scam case are transferred to an alt account - the alt itself is banned as well.

The-Predator

Youngster
I would suggest to allow GMs to ban or block people that are reported, example: I get reported by "X" player then, I should be blocked , not able to trade away nor having access to pdex so I cant get rid of pokemon nor money, so you have time to investigate, and reported account should remain blocked till case gets resolved, and/or Ban the account asap, once you are repoted, you are banned till case gets resolved, It is a damn joke to be scammed by millions while receiving a crap pokemon

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
GMs now have access to donation logs so they are able to follow up on token scams.

Jinga

there has to some common sense that a guy who lost 30 tokens gets a normal lvl 22 growlithe ??? ??? growlithe is not uc and you give him a normal growlithe poke.

This is joke staff should probably do something for those who lost money or tokens

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Considering these issues were never rampant when I was gm (if you can find the threads where i deal with scam/hack cases, you always see a happy customer. Ironic considering the staff tries to paint me as an ******* to newer staff members and players), maybe just "access to donation logs" isnt the only solution. Empathy, might also be a solution (something some of you staff members lack) as well as quicker reactions when a report is arisen.. What I see now from the staff team that handles these cases disgusts me, since its no longer about helping players. Its about just getting people off the staffs back. It seems more and more like you guys dont care about the players, just that you want people to let you guys have a good time, and to look for the easiest way out as possible.

Sabo

Banned
Sabo said:
Victims gets laughed at and scammers gets benefit. I will not mention people who got spawned billions on accounts and shinys. You know what i am talking about and I know you were aware of that all time. I will not talk about that because I don't want any drama to happen where avalanche of players is going to hate you for 9999th time.Doing that you pretty much did what older GMs did and yet you give them critic. Just think about how you treat people. Not all victims are saints but that should't matter everyone deserves same chances. Can we discus about this with no hate and possibly change something? I don't hate you dude. I just hate the system done by you people. We are in position to discuss. And please do so. Thanks. Sabo

I recently found that that serious approach was not taken because people walk free. I gathered enough of evidence against several people who are in this ring and they still walk with these. I think you always used eqaulity in PWO in good manners...I am going to send my files to someone who will do this job properly. I dont want to make public report. Someone talk to me and i will help you. Show you what decission you made.

-Sabo

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Yes, PWO has never been 100% fair. I've only been the victim of a small scam case myself, and while I lost something small (1.5m) it represents the lack of equality when it comes to scam cases and things like it. I don't think this will go away unless they decide to turn back recent trades in these cases. They shouldn't be afraid to do this, it's just the time that it takes to do it, which I understand but it's still an injustice.

Recently many people benefited from shane trolling staff. This is not a secret, how can it be when simple deductive reasoning can be used? People suddenly getting multiple 28+ max speed shiny UC or HR pokemon. This is a slap in the face to people who worked hard earning these types of pokemon. Yet even after shane is gone, nothing is done.

We can't be afraid to address these problems, because if we are we'll invite them to keep happening. We need more tools for GMs and, at least in my opinion we need less evidence to place a ban. If there is even 1% doubt people aren't banned, and that does more damage imo than 1/1000 people being wrongly banned in that case. Hopefully things will change, This is no one particular persons fault, this is just something that needs to be analysed because it's obviously flawed.

Pretentious

EcoWOLFrb said:
We can't be afraid to address these problems, because if we are we'll invite them to keep happening. We need more tools for GMs and, at least in my opinion we need less evidence to place a ban. If there is even 1% doubt people aren't banned, and that does more damage imo than 1/1000 people being wrongly banned in that case. Hopefully things will change, This is no one particular persons fault, this is just something that needs to be analysed because it's obviously flawed.

You're joking, right? I'm sure you'd feel differently if you were the 1/1000 people banned unjustly.

First of all, unless someone is scammed due to an error in the game or server, that player shouldn't receive ANYTHING from staff. If a glitch is being abused and the player truly isn't at fault, then the scam artist should be banned for lyfe. If possible, the player should be able to recover whatever it is they lost in this case. But on the other hand, why should the staff have to sort through a player's mess because of the player's own mistake?

Staff already fixed the token scam issue.

Another possibly way to get scammed is through daycare. I think the entire daycare system should be revamped to help the staff out as well. Simply create a sub-forum, make both players agree to the daycare on the forum (editing of posts would need to be disabled), and then that way there will be a very clear paper trail in the event that someone was dumb enough to try to scam another player.

Fixing player mistakes shouldn't be a staff member's job.
Fixing game-made mistakes is their job.

Merse

Youngster
I actually agree with Eco on this. There is the institute of house arrest to serve this purpose: to prevent the suspect from hiding the poke he got by "selling" it to a friend.
This could be implemented here. In the case of a scam report, the suspect should be banned, but if he was proven not guilty in the end, he should be compensated with 100.000 PD or 1.000 tokens for every day (including part days) he was banned. But i pretty much doubt that there would be many of those. People write scam reports for a good reason.

Boora

Youngster
scammers will scam, no matter what you'll do, they'll always find new ways to scam,
if you ask me, the drama here is useless, just compansate the players with the same value that he lost, if he gives you proof that he got scammed 30 tokens
give the man 30 tokens, its as simple as that, and yes, as long as buying/selling tokens is allowed in-game, you must compansate equally.

Pretentious

The problem with always compensating players for what they lost is that it doesn't fix the problem. In all three of the OP's examples, the scammer was the same person on different accounts from what I gathered.

If you always give the player their money/tokens back and the scammer is able to trade away or use what they received in the trade, then there is essentially double that item in the game.

Staff should look into ways to remove the potential for scams instead of focusing on ways to remedy a player's mistakes.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
''obviously flawed''
I do agree. I've also already told that changes are needed. And why?
Almost a year ago I was scammed on my alternative account and lost 20M. Scammer was banned but just a level 48 Slowbro was offered as reimbursement to me. The answer I got after rejecting the offer and complain about was:

YNuRpIU.png

I guess another immediate solutions are possible.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Pretentious said:
You're joking, right? .....

Not joking, there is a valid point of view that some collateral damage is acceptable so long as it's justified by the benefit of the greater good. This is something I believe in in most cases.

The problem is that scammers know they're going to be banned, and they know how flawed the system is. They trade their gains to friends to be recovered later. This is the problem and the reason why " If possible, the player should be able to recover whatever it is they lost in this case." is no more than a pipe dream in most cases.

Some GMs in some cases, I'm sure, wouldn't mind being able to recover some stolen pokemon off accounts. Especially if it's clear what happened, but that's why a policy change is needed and guidelines can be formed to see when it's acceptable. One suggestion that might help out is disallowing trading a recently received pokemon for a short time. Some traders might hate that but I would argue that it could potentially solve a lot of problems.

I hope to address the daycare issue soon.

Pretentious

I understand the reasons behind placing a temporary restriction on newly acquired Pokémon, but I don't think adding restrictions like that in order to minimize scamming is a fair solution.

Honestly, with the addition of IVs in-game, other than token issues (which is easily fixable) and daycare scams (could easily be lessened), are players even being scammed in any other ways?