Happy Christmas PWO !

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
To everyone ! Best wishes for you all, Its in your hands learn from the mistakes you've made this year that almost comes to an end. Be with your loved ones, visit your friends, don't worry about small things and be happy if you have a good health. Cheers and happy new year PWO players!

Pwo Xmas event

Animagus

That video brings back great memories.
A very merry christmas to you too, Matileo. And the same to everyone else :p

king1234

Youngster
If only they could re open the Christmas map that was used last time, with the same spawns and npcs. I wouldn't mind hunting the same Pokemon over, or change the reward items. At-least we would have something to do....

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Animagus said:
That video brings back great memories.
A very merry christmas to you too, Matileo. And the same to everyone else :p

Thak you Animagus! Yeah, that video is a piece of good old times. Cheers!

king1234 said:
If only they could re open the Christmas map that was used last time, with the same spawns and npcs. I wouldn't mind hunting the same Pokemon over, or change the reward items. At-least we would have something to do....

I absolutely agree with you..

king1234

Youngster
The could AT-LEAST make it snow in-game, from what i know it takes a simple command to make it snow...

They don't necessary have have to create a new map, they can turn 1 town or route from green grass to snow grass, and change the spawns of a route for a limited time. They don't need to do anything fancy and time consuming, its the holidays the players and staff are spending time with there families. How long would it take to change 1 route from grass to snow? and change the Pokemon that spawn there?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Alexei said:
Given the fact that this Christmas in PWO was pretty much dead and lifeless it is possible that they are going to celebrate it on 7th January. It's the Orthodox Christmas you know.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/why-t ... n-7-66615/

lol we're running late with the event but hopefully not quite that late! Belated Merry Christmas to all, and hopefully this Event will see the light of day in the next day or two. :)

Alexei

Something like Christmas event from 2011 would do the trick. Same good old map, same NPCs, same short simple story and same spawns. It would take no more than 5 minutes to sort NPCs out and have event ready. There wouldn't even need for a server restart if I am not wrong, unless they would be doing some custom items as usually. I must say that I am actually surprised how many people requested that Christmas event from 2011 comes back again. Given the fact that we have around 80% of people who never saw that event active now I am sure they would love to explore around and stick with their small grass patch. As for others it would be nice to refresh the memories and everyones happy.

However, a GE don't have enough of freedom to release their ideas and go wild with the quests and they cannot do things on his own as they have to ask permission from their superiors which might result in voting and a lot of time spent into discussing and such things aren't handled very well by staff members. Hence why most of people suggested old event to come back again. People like small stuff nothing complex with a lot of thoughts given into it. The event itself is long overdue so calling it Christmas event isn't really good call. Something like New Year event would be more proper for current situation.

Staff likes to poke around and experiment when situation like this arises so shall see what's going to happen. Hopefully something what people suggested or showed interest for. And what do you know...it can turn out to look like as if your suggestions and wishes are being heard and processed through. So both sides happy. But yup, I do agree that it shouldn't take more than a day to make something nice if you know what are you doing. Of course it can take a lot more than a day if you actually don't know what are you doing or you like to experiment with the reaction directed to staff members.

[yt]pXUiK3RxJeI[/yt]