Happiness And Multievolution

DomT.

Youngster
As I read the Update,I saw that there is a new system added named as Happiness,but I m still curious that 256 steps and then u will gain 1 Happiness and winning 1 battle also give u 1 happiness,okay battling idea is good bit is that in pvp or npcs or both and what is the levelling and then get 5 Happiness,And can we get Tangrowth/Rhyperior/Electivire/Magmortar/Togekiss and any other multi evolution Pokemon not only eevee.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Happiness points will only be gained in battles in which experience is earned; thus only appositely in NPC/wild Pokemon battles, not PvP battles.

To clarify for the level-up ambiguity: when your Pokemon reaches a new level, it will auto-gain 5 additive happiness points.

Lastly, it's not just Eevee's evolutionary chain that is evolvable via happiness; as of now, all happiness-based evolutions should be evolvable at this time, barring some branched (multi-evo-line) evolutions.

For those multi-line evolutions that are fully evolvable, they have been hard-coded, meaning that the evolutions must be implemented manually. It is intended that all evolutions will be supported, however—Shane admitted that some may have been omitted, so if you notice any multi-line evolutions that aren't evolvable, as they were in the handheld games, feel free to report it, and it'll be imparted to Shane, or any other Admin/DEV, who can implement it. :)

DeGe.DF said:
poliwhirl can evolve to palpitoed? :v

So far, all item-evolvable Pokemon with multi-line evolutions have been hard-coded in, such as Poliwhirl, so it should indeed be evolvable into Politoed via the King's Rock now.

DomT.

Youngster
K ty Creo but if my elekid gets to level 30 and he gain 5 happiness,could i use that happiness to evolve another poke

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
You need to write your posts in a bit more clearer English, UW01. But I think I understand what you're asking.

Firstly, Happiness will not change in PvP battles.

Secondly, ALL Pokémon currently supported in PWO, that can evolve through Friendship, can now evolve this way! That's about 15 different Pokémon at the moment, with likely more to be added in the future as we work to support Sinnoh Pokémon and beyond (note: still a long while away yet!). Shane has the full list of supported Pokémon, so if you encounter one you believe you should be able to evolve this way that doesn't, send him a message and he'll check it out ;)

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Creobis said:
all item-evolvable Pokemon with multi-line evolutions have been hard-coded in, such as Poliwhirl, so it should indeed be evolvable into Politoed via the Sun Stone now.
scottyscene said:
I just tried evolving Poliwhirl via sun stone... didn't work.. o_O
I guess there's a misunderstanding here. Poliwhirl is supposed to evolve by trade holding King's rock.

Kirin

politoed is evolved by king rock not by sun stone so ur wrong :p

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
What about soothe bell now? Is it now used to increase happiness? Or is it still an evolution item?

Merse

Youngster
Awwwww. My S Crobat won't be so special any more? Well, I'll have an awesome Umbreon or Espeon at least :D

Thor

Creobis said:
So far, all item-evolvable Pokemon with multi-line evolutions have been hard-coded in, such as Poliwhirl, so it should indeed be evolvable into Politoed via the King's Rock now.

Are there any plans to introduce kings rock soon ingame then? :p

Tendou

julio2503 said:
What about soothe bell now? Is it now used to increase happiness? Or is it still an evolution item?

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=431

It doubles the current happiness. However Bluerise stated on his changelog it is temporary.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Tendou said:
julio2503 said:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=431

It doubles the current happiness. However Bluerise stated on his changelog it is temporary.
I saw that he posted that information after I asked about. Thanks anyway. :)