Game: What we are working on.

Tortuga

Well, rather have a work-able map and non-issue than fast realesing Mt Silver with a Poke that people can catch whenever they want until it's finished :)

G

Hi, I have no knowledge of scripting, but if dialogue is as simple as going in and editing the words I'd love to help.

I'm aware that the original developer was German and that's why the English translation is so poor. I can go in and fix all the spelling and grammar errors if the staff would like. If it's harder/more complicated than that, then never mind! Just trying to help. ;)

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Okay, there is so much wrong with that statement I just have to correct it.

PWO's original developer was Kyro, who was originally from New Zealand and later moved to Australia. Following his departure from the project, server development was taken over by Xanatus - who yes, is German, but claiming he was the original developer is a factual inaccuracy.

NPCs are written by our Scripting team (now a subdivision of the main Game Editors team); which does not include the Developers and Admins although we can add NPCs too if we like. The poor NPC dialogue comes from either lack of thought, or from the team's various members being from various different parts of the globe and therefore having different levels of English expertise. In this way, you're partially correct about the language issues, but it's not the whole explanation.

As for the Mt. Silver quest, it's not particularly the messages that are the overriding problem - although that is certainly a factor in some areas - but actually, the entire scripts themselves are buggy.

G

Jinji said:
Okay, there is so much wrong with that statement I just have to correct it.

PWO's original developer was Kyro, who was originally from New Zealand and later moved to Australia. Following his departure from the project, server development was taken over by Xanatus - who yes, is German, but claiming he was the original developer is a factual inaccuracy.

NPCs are written by our Scripting team (now a subdivision of the main Game Editors team); which does not include the Developers and Admins although we can add NPCs too if we like. The poor NPC dialogue comes from either lack of thought, or from the team's various members being from various different parts of the globe and therefore having different levels of English expertise. In this way, you're partially correct about the language issues, but it's not the whole explanation.

As for the Mt. Silver quest, it's not particularly the messages that are the overriding problem - although that is certainly a factor in some areas - but actually, the entire scripts themselves are buggy.

Ah okay, thanks for clarifying.

kurtisbmx

Hey just wondering if there is a update on the progress ?
I know u all are very busy just wondering and I know I lot of people like myself are so excited :)

bigdidy

Youngster
kurtisbmx said:
Hey just wondering if there is a update on the progress ?
I know u all are very busy just wondering and I know I lot of people like myself are so excited :)
yahh i wanted to ask that same question :p

darkdane

My guess now is it's gonna take another month till they release it since they haven't made a update yet. I might be wrong :p

mad30

Youngster
darkdane said:
My guess now is it's gonna take another month till they release it since they haven't made a update yet. I might be wrong :p
You are wrong, It will take another year.
15u8w7.png

UberJoel

Hi, I just started today, and I couldn't connect to the server xs. Is my computer just rubbish or is the server actually down? (sorry if I've put this in the wrong place, I'm not sure where to put it)

darkdane

mad30 said:
darkdane said:
You are wrong, It will take another year.
15u8w7.png
Probably :p

P.S.- Hehehe I miss you Mad

kurtisbmx

Good to see there has been some progress made :) do u have a rough date in mind for the release

aeropostle

I'm just wondering if we are gonna have to redownload the client for this update.?keep up the good work guys ^-^

Naero

aeropostle said:
I'm just wondering if we are gonna have to redownload the client for this update.?keep up the good work guys ^-^

This is a content update, meaning the update will be automatically loaded from the server after it has been added, thus you won't need to reinstall the client.

Jav890

So when is the update coming because is almost mid october. xD