Game: Upcoming database update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
In order to get ready for an upcoming Playerdex update, both the game and Playerdex will be offline during Sunday afternoon and possibly the evening.

Currently we plan to start at 12pm and it likely will remain down for 12 hours.

During this time, we will also be imposing an tax on players.

The tax will go as follows:

10%: $1,000 - $10,000
20%: $10,001 - $1,000,000
30%: $1,000,001 +

Bluerise ~

jboysr05

hmm, must find something to do on sunday.  Ah well, your doing an excellent job bluerise.  Keep up the good work.

NinjaBr

Banned
I do not get that rate.

you going to charge the players for their work?

can explain?  ???

jboysr05

Didnt understand tax either, until I seen other people posting.  Basically, if you have over the amount of money,  you get that tax.  So, if you have over 1mil, you get 30% tax. 

king1234

Youngster
ok i understand the tax rate part, but what will u do with the collected tax money and why would u take the money, u cant really use pokemoney.

he didnt quite explain it properly...basically lee is trying to remedy the stupid inflations in the game by reducing the total amount of money ingame while still being relatively fair to everyone. its not a tax per say, its more of a way to bridge the gap and remove some of the dirty old cloned money out

risefromruins

Youngster
Exactly what Arnie said.  It sucks for some players but ultimately it is another step towards fixing the economy from when money was able to be maxed out at will.  And it's a graduated tax so it isn't unfair to anyone either

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
To answer the question as to where the money will go, the money taken from taxes will be returned to the Tohjo Treasury - which prints all the money used within the Kanto and Johto regions of the Pokémon World - and will be used to fund creation of future content or special events within the game.

Keep in mind that, while we reserve the right to take further taxes in future, this is currently planned as a quick one-time deal to better balance the economy.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
king1234 said:
ok i understand the tax rate part, but what will u do with the collected tax money and why would u take the money, u cant really use pokemoney.
Thats what this is helping to fix. You can't use pokemoney as there is far too much of it ingame, so less of it means its more valuable and has more uses.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Less money ingame = prices will be going down on pokes etc

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
Can't you just keep doing Auctions ?? Any better Idea ?

Next month you can remove x1 Shiny from every account with membership and x1 Hr from every acc with non membership... (im being sarcastic ofc)

xNovoxx

matileo19 said:
Can't you just keep doing Auctions ?? Any better Idea ?

Next month you can remove x1 Shiny from every account with membership and x1 Hr from every acc with non membership... (im being sarcastic ofc)

I'll be honest, I was shaking my head in disappointment until I read the parenthesis. (y)

AFLAX41386

Everyone seems to be "worried" about this "tax." This is not a tax. The staff is removing between 20% and 30% of the money in the game. Rather than say "Oh no, I am losing 60 mils I could get a good poke with that!" realize that they are merely increasing the value of your current currency. No one in the game is actually LOSING money, they're just re-assigning what that number means by doing this. How much money you have remains the same in comparison to how much money everyone else had. If you had 500 mil and I had 100 mil, now you have 350 mil and I have 70 mil.

Its like in the old days, were milk and break could be bought for 25 cents. There was not much money in print, so the value represented (not to get overly technical about the economics of this) was a certain amount of gold. As time went on, The amount of dollars in America were increased, but the gold never increased. To accommodate for this, we raised the prices of milk and bread instead of removing some of the money in circulation.

Look at pokemon as the gold, and pokemoney as the dollars. Instead of raising the prices of pokemon, we are lowering the amount of pokemoney in the game. (600 million for a shiny? I remember when I had 25 million and that was the most in the game x5. The next closest person had 5 million. Shinys back then cost 1 million, at the most, and those were mostly common shinys.)

Would you prefer to pay an absurd amount of money for a pokemon? Or would you prefer a shiny that normally costs 10 million to cost 7 million. By doing this, the staff is lowering the prices by 30%. Adjust your prices accordingly and move on.

Pez~

Some examples

If you have 100million you will lose 30% of it- so you will end up with 70m
If you have 100k you will lose 20% and end up with 80k
If you have 10k you will lose 10% and end up with 9k

Status
Not open for further replies.