Forums: Welcome to our new forums

Seth

I like the mechanics of this forum.

Much more customization of accounts, especially the Username =/= Forum name thing.

Stank

Youngster
PirateAce said:
I miss the status updates on the side and The New topics/posts button where you click it and it has a list of all the new posts. But this will just take some time.

The Resent topics area would be nice, but I agree with Mist I'd rather have ugly forums that work properly, that good looking ones that failed to do even simple stuff

Website
www.pwoguildrocket.com
Stank said:
PirateAce said:
I miss the status updates on the side and The New topics/posts button where you click it and it has a list of all the new posts. But this will just take some time.

The Resent topics area would be nice, but I agree with Mist I'd rather have ugly forums that work properly, that good looking ones that failed to do even simple stuff

What did not work on the other forums? I never had a problem with them.

Seeing all of the community watch and tracker issues showing up in the posts since last visit makes me sad. :(

J

jonnylala

I was here when PWO was using there first fourms (The one king posted a pic of), and I loved them, when It moved the IPB, I hated it, but I got used to it, now it's back to SMF, and I'm not to keen, but hopefully I'll get used to it :p

Also, will there be an option to change your fourm name anytime soon, can't stand mine, since I made it when I was 10 xD

I doubt it. The forum name not being changeable is so you can be easily identified with your in-game account.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Also noticed the introduction section is back here <3 The old forums lacked this so much, in my opinion.

J

jeremyquas

sorry but its not just that its ugly I can't stand the look of the new forums at all :l

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Chocobo7 said:
Also noticed the introduction section is back here <3 The old forums lacked this so much, in my opinion.
[glow=purple]Thanks for the feedback, Choco. It wasn't part of the plan to bring it back; but then it was never meant to disappear anyway - it was accidentally omitted from the old Forum because it was left out of the restructuring plan. Based on how many people asked for it to return though, I decided to add the section to the new Forum again just to see if anyone noticed.[/glow]

jeremyquas said:
sorry but its not just that its ugly I can't stand the look of the new forums at all :l
[glow=purple]We are converting our previous PWO Forum Theme to work with the new Forum and hope to launch it soon, which will hopefully make it a lot nicer. We also plan to introduce a range of themes in future to allow players to choose their ideal look for the Forum. We highly appreciate people's patience.[/glow]

PkmnTrainerReginald

Website
www.shop.platinum-age-designs.com
To be honest I miss customizing my profile and having status updates.

But the one thing that is really bugging me is the word count on post. Its 20000. So now I cant properly edit my old post, since now I have to edit them, because they say I have exceeded the word count.

I mean its whatever. The only thing that it really effects is my fanfic and how I post it. Its just a bit of a bother thats all.

Other than that its just gonna have to take some time to get used too.

Not gonna lie, I also miss the Pokemon Emoticons. I guess people didnt like them but I did.

P

Pokegirl4ever

I really love the new fourms they look soooooo much better :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
PkmnTrainerReginald said:
To be honest I miss customizing my profile and having status updates.
Jinji can probably back me up on this, but status updates since to exist in a very smallish form.  The issue is some people seem to not want people to turn into Facebook which was exactly what IP. Board was turning into.  They'll probably be brought back but we shall see.  If you're against them, maybe it would help if you could explain why they shouldn't return.

But the one thing that is really bugging me is the word count on post. Its 20000. So now I cant properly edit my old post, since now I have to edit them, because they say I have exceeded the word count.
I'll see if I can get that changed.

Not gonna lie, I also miss the Pokemon Emoticons. I guess people didnt like them but I did.
They will be returning.