Orean

Website
twitter.com
With the Halloween event still ongoing, open to possible revisional work, and fresh in your minds, we believe it's a good time to collect feedback regarding your feelings on the event's content: the maps, quests, wild Pokemon spawns and NPCs, namely.

Whether the feedback is geared towards facets of the event that are open to revision (while it's still ongoing for a considerable remainder of time), or if it's feedback we can use to reapproach ourselves, moving into the future drawing boards for events, we're intently mindful to your thoughts regarding the event. Well-thought-out, highly explanatory feedback will be appreciated, and will be feedback we're more open-eared to.

Some general start-off questions:

1. What is your opinion on the storyline surrounding the event? How well do you believe does it tie together with the quest's walkthrough?

2. What is your opinion on the maps?

3. What do you like/dislike about the event's content thus far and why?

4. How would you compare the quests to other quests, permanent or event-long, in the game? Did you find any new gameplay elements, for better or worse, peculiar to this quest that you found non-existent in other quests?

5. How would you compare this event to past seasonal-long events in PWO? What met, fell short or exceeded your expectations, if any, moving into the event?

6. What would you have redone about the quest's content, if anything, and why?

Also, as new content, due to Xanscript changes, has been added here, and introduced in this event, we would like to collect feedback on it, as it's valuable to know what changes are desired as it becomes a carryover to more permanent content.

7.. What is your opinion on the healing NPCs? Did you find them useful? Did you find the fee reasonable? Where else would you like to see similar healing NPCs being added in the future?

8. What is your opinion on the TMs? Did you find them useful for combatting the quest's NPCs?

9. What is your opinion on the pokemart NPCs? Do you like the new max quantity (999) used for the NPCs?

Feel free to expand beyond this questionnaire for further feedback that may be inapplicable of answer to these questions. I would advise that you do not feel that you need to limit yourself to these questions, or that you even need follow my question-answer template; these are just some points of feedback, answers that I was personally curious for off-hand, to help get your thoughts rolling if one was unsure where to start.

Thank you in advance for your input.

EDIT: Extended the questionnaire, adding questions #7-9.

I.Am

1. What is your opinion on the storyline surrounding the event? How well do you believe does it tie together with the quest's walkthrough?
I am not an expert on this quest thing but its nice to get a chance fight Girantina

I never been inside burnt tower or dungeon before and its quite beautiful to be honest especially that burnt tower.I love how you guys separated the map pokes list,for an example we have to choose to hunt Magmar at burnt tower or Umbreon at north dungeon.

Its quite good storyline for the quest and we can get a good reward for it.Dislike none for me except stupid players using bot and ruined the event.

4. How would you compare the quests to other quests, permanent or event-long, in the game? Did you find any new gameplay elements, for better or worse, peculiar to this quest that you found non-existent in other quests?
I am new to PWO so i cant answer this. :p

5. How would you compare this event to past seasonal-long events in PWO? What met, fell short or exceeded your expectations, if any, moving into the event?
Same like answer no.4.

None.Its cool for me.

7.. What is your opinion on the healing NPCs? Did you find them useful? Did you find the fee reasonable? Where else would you like to see similar healing NPCs being added in the future?
We need more healing npcs like this but honestly for me i didnt see any reason why need fee for a heal ? Maybe because we will save our time to tele and back to farming location but players always tele to poke center anyway if they want check their pokes in pc.

8. What is your opinion on the TMs? Did you find them useful for combatting the quest's NPCs?
Yep.Hopefully TM Shadow Ball and Dream eater will be accessible to buy after Halloween event.

9. What is your opinion on the pokemart NPCs? Do you like the new max quantity (999) used for the NPCs?
Extremely yes especially for pokeball.

Dend7

1. What is your opinion on the story line surrounding the event? How well do you believe does it tie together with the quest's walk through?
Well the Story it self was interesting. Found it lacking that the ring was just a useless item in the end. However, if they ever allow for Girantina to be captured they could use the ring further in that quest. Unlikely I know...

I like the Burnt Tower. The Dungeons should be more difficult to traverse like water to cross or beam that requires the bike to cross something to reward long time players.

The content is Fun and unique to its own genre. I like the touch of the tombstones having fun sayings on them. The zombies in and around town could have been more interactive like fights with ghost, psychic, or even something that looks undead. That it brings a new HR pokemon to the game is awesome. I only wish to see further levels to the tower added with higher level pokemon. Also Add a search and find quest to help the guy putting all the boxes in there find the culprit that is opening them all. Have it be a Gengar, Haunter, Bannette, or even Sableye. They should be uncatchable and give a Dusk stone as the reward.

This even seemed like it was a simpler version of the Mt silver quest for the feathers to get to the Legendary pokemon. Maybe would have made it a little harder to find Girantina by implementing having to catch and use a VR/HR pokemon to summon him.

I liked the event and that the prize is to evolve a pokemon that's uncatchable much like last years Christmas event. I was not expecting a new decorated Ecruteak city to give a true Halloween feel. I Like that this event brought something that will stay and improve the game that much more.

It was almost too easy for an invested player. Do not know what exactly could have been changed but it just feels those of us that have multiple Level 99 pokemon we only had the one challenge of Girantina. Also the Kimono house should be locked to 24 hour cool down after the event if it stays.

I thought the Healing houses were an awesome addition that made leveling the new pokemon in the new area much easier. Would like to see a hut or cave placed in Mt silver to keep the return to the top level not so arduous.

I found the TM's very helpful in the training of the new pokemon as well as the addition to previous pokemon move sets.

I love the new 999 ability no more 99 at a time just all in one hit takes one sec no more 5 mins just to stock your pokeballs.

All in all though you guys rock and I love that you always try to improve and help develop what the gamer wants. I support the staff and thank and respect all of you on your ongoing efforts. Lots-O-Luv to all ya'll.
PWO Staff Rocks.

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Gonna make this quick with some one liners.

It's great. Everything works well.

Pretty awesome too.. specially all those speakiin tombs, NPCs and stuff. Great job there. Just in some places i felt that some tiles don't go well with the others..but overall the maps are superb.
Also, the spawns could have been a bit more scattered. Because as of now, its Lost Town for Honchkrow and North Dungeons for everything else. Other maps have been rendered useless.

It came out at a time when PWO really needed a change and something new, and that brought many many peopl back and reminded me of the past.
I would have liked like 1-2 more mini-quests along the way.. which could reward you with one of those masks. Just giving away those masks isn't fun. The town and burnt tower are big and itneresting palces so they had lots of possible quests that could have been added. Although i do understand how much you guys have done in such a short span of time.

7. What is your opinion on the healing NPCs? Did you find them useful? Did you find the fee reasonable? Where else would you like to see similar healing NPCs being added in the future?
Mt Silver and maybe some cave corners need them. I don't remember what they charge so can't comment on that. It's pretty good imo.

Yup, i wanted that update :D ty lumi

Saric

Youngster
The storyline was fine if one bothered to follow it.

Comparing it to last years, small. But good nonetheless.

Little overall content in the questline department, however this is understandable with the lack of scripting staff.

Again, short and lacked overall content.

See above.

As zebra has noted in IRC, a staff only entrance at the end of the quest instead of the obnoxious wait time. This could be removed at the end of the event.

6.5 Also, as new content, due to Xanscript changes, has been added here, and introduced in this event, we would like to collect feedback on it, as it's valuable to know what changes are desired as it becomes a carryover to more permanent content.
You would have to be more specific on what these changes were.

Very useful. Mt silver 5f could do with one (hint hint...)

Only shadow ball. Dream eater wasn't worth the price with how few can learn it and with its accuracy nerfed.

Yes. It is extremely useful for buying in bulk.

litel92kb

-The Storyline is pretty interesting actually. You guys really think about what would be good in this quest.

-The Maps are really good.. It was well made.

Probably the masks that are available in the closets. It couldve been better if their is an event for that or something. Well what do i know about game programming anyway.

-It was a pretty good quest. Just like the mini or big quests out there.

-I dont really know what happened in the last event. Im absent for 2 years so..

-Maybe Just the Giratina's level. It couldve been lower or something.

-Yes, Healing NPCs are useful in some events. But its better be in events only. Not everywhere.

-The Limited edition TMs is pretty awesome. It is really useful in the future/for all of our pokes.

-Yes. Its more easy to buy things like this. Its better to have 999 max quantity than 30 every buy.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]it would be more interesting if it had more content, but it's fine I like it. After all, I defeated Giratina. :p [/glow]

[glow=red]I was waiting for other pokémons released in the maps as in the last Halloween Event. But now I see that would not good. I'm fine about the maps and about the things placement in space.[/glow]

[glow=red]I agree with Future_sight about this point.[/glow]

[glow=red]It's not much different than other quests. As I said before it would be more interesting a large quest or other more mini-quests to make the search more hard and durable.[/glow]

[glow=red]I'm surprised about the pokémons because I was just waiting for spiritomb catchable again, maybe a possible evolution introduced and rarities decreased. But not new pokémons from 4th generation.[/glow]

[glow=red]See the 4th answer.[/glow]

7. What is your opinion on the healing NPCs? Did you find them useful? Did you find the fee reasonable? Where else would you like to see similar healing NPCs being added in the future?
[glow=red]As well as everyone else I think they would be useful in the next event maps and maybe Mt. Silver.[/glow]

[glow=red]I believe that TMs were one of the major point of the event and were useful not only for the quest, but will also an addition to previous pokémon move sets.[/glow]

[glow=red]It's very useful because we don't need to purchase items several times until reach the limit of 999. Thanks for this update~~[/glow] :)

Nikola

Youngster

-Can't say anything bad for this one though. I like how NPCs are perfectly scattered around, telling you exactly where to go or what to do.

-They are made just fine. Only thing that bothers me is that map itself is like 80% based on a internal content such as cave. For some reason I feel lack of water area where people can fish or surf with event provided items such as X rod. If you feel that surfing or fishing area shouldn't be placed inside of a cave then make it somewhere else and it doesn't have to be any special map. Spawns, quests and items would do the trick.

-Must like any new item and idea of introducing a new Pokemon. Personally the quest itself isn't challenging since after several minutes of doing it everything is based on catching the better Pokemon which is indicator of a basic content lacking. The story about Giratina is lacking of a more detailed content. Also wanted to note that both NPCs and wild Pokemon could have a bit higher levels.

-Event-long quests are far more interesting then permanent ones due to being limited. When doing permanent one you know that you have a time to do it and you aren't going to be much excited.

-Like every other event this one gathered a lot of people at the same place. Global channel became very active and it appears that people are acting more friendly then they used to before. That is the thing which exceeded my expectations. Nothing fell short, glad that we have one this year.

-Those would be the spawns. They aren't interesting that much, its only stat hunting IMO. People are excited about Bannete and Dusknoir, can't see Honchkrow being interesting its just events jester. I still stick with my theory. Pokemon doesn't have to be shiny in order to evolve it such as Shuppet or Duskull being rare. VR would be alright due to passing interest and high demand. Id rather have houndour as rare then Shuppet for example. There are other spooky style Pokemon such as Cacnea, Chimecho and Caravahna(among many others). And that slave spawn Zubat could be replaced with Spinarak for example but meh. Umbreon as HR isn't bad idea but then again it's only stat hunting for me. Probably the most useful Pokemon from the event will be Gastly due to PWO battle system, others just doesn't fit. I might be a bit nitpicky here but oh well it's understandable.

-Definitely a very good idea and very useful. Id like to see those NPCs in MT Silver or any other remoted map with much greater fee however.

-I like the idea of getting them via the event. However I would rather see them being given by doing special made quest for them. Totally not something easy to do. TM gaining systems should be made that way, to make the game more enjoyable and to appreciate the item a bit more. Those TMs are matched for the event atmosphere. Shall see about their usability, however they will do no harm.

-Due to capacity being 999 per item its very nice idea. I think it should be used for other npcs as well due to few more reasons.

Merse

Youngster
Creobis said:
It was a bit "meh" for me. A bit short, nothing too special about it. It could have been a bit more adventurous or a bit longer, but hey, we fought a lv99 Legendary at the end, so it is OK. 6/10

Superb, I absolutely love them! The layout, the spawns, the numerous easter eggs... This may be the best map in PWO in my opinion. 10/10

I love the maps, I love the kimono ladys with their eeveelutions and I love the various spawning Pokes. What I dislike is the extremely long walks between stages of the quest while others are already hunting around you :) Some more (smaller) stages could balance this out, and low level NPCs don't count in this case because they are just there to annoy you.

As I said, I wasn't too amused by the quest in this event, but it was OK. Quests are about story and some slight action. The story was good, but the action was just not there because the NPCs aren't strong enough. If you could make them to follow up your team in strength somehow, it would be great :) Another thing I already mentioned is the long walks. I know you want make the players to discover the whole area during the event, but with the low level NPCs and the random (and worthless) encounters just make you annoyed. You want to advance in the quest but you must stop by every NPC with 3 lv25 Pokes who are KOd by one hit but you spent 3 minute with it. And you step a few, and there is another one, or you encounter a wild Pokemon which doesn't even interests you and you're walking for 20 minutes already without doing anything about the quest. If this could be solved somehow, it would be awesome :) I'm not ranting here, it's just my opinion.

Extremely useful, and they give much to the "I'm playing Pokemon game" feeling. If there would be a PC around too to switch my team, it would be perfect :D

I'm so obsessed with S Shuppet that I couldn't even find where the TMs are available ^^'

Yes, very useful.

I don't know what else I should add here. I'm very satisfied with this event.

Dragon16

Youngster
don't want to take too much room, so my answers are in the spoiler:
-i like the storyline, especially the Giratina.

-well constructed.

-liked all of it, but i did dislike the 8 hour wait period to get back into the kimono house, even though we had the engraved ring.

-well idk on this one.

-Well i wasnt able to do the last halloween event so i cant come them. I would have liked if there was a chance to choose an evo item, instead of only the availability of one.

-i like it the way it is, but i would change it so that more evo items were available. giving the player the ability to choose.

-it is better than having a teleporter there that would transfer you to the pokecenter. The fee is minimal to the time spent walking to the PC, or money spent on escape ropes. the only reason i would go to the PC was to check poke iv's.

-i bought them but didnt use them for the quest. hope they become more available after the quest.

-i like it. makes it easier to buy pokeballs

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
was good, could have been more elaborate but it was adequate.

The maps are huge, and interesting. Well done.

That I can't find an umbreon for the life of me ._. over 40 hours down the drain. That's more of a personal issue I suppose lol.

4 omitted

I think it's better than the christmas event last year, the amount of time it took is obviously larger and I appreciate that.

Elongated it and as I said before, make it more elaborate.

didn't really find them useful personally as a team of 6 99 pokemon wouldn't get hurt so easily.

LOVE love love shadow ball. Dream eater is less useful but it does give a nice option of higher power/less accuracy to some pokemon. Personally i didn't need it for the NPCs.

for those who feel they need 999 pokeballs I suppose it would indeed be useful.