Farewell PWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggot

Xanatus said:
TIGI said:
No reason to hide anything anymore. I can clearly see why you left. I was even there during the drama. I am going to start describe what i think the reason is.
Shane returned not while to start working on the game he previously revived with xanatus. This game was pretty much dead till he returned. Staff constantly removed the features like auction house and so on. Game started to die shortly after. I am not saying that staff did nothing, i am saying what was done for real. Auction was server side code and it was taken out without any fix. It was taken out by blurise who promised new one on the playerdex few years ago. to make better they made retarded system for register. Game had no battle updates at all. It was teckician who tried to fix something but he did what he could until he left. We mostly received dead updates that has nothng with pokemons much.
With years and many time staff started to be based around same people and same ideas. People tried to join but they couldnt. Those ones who could have some chances were selected by the people with same ideology. From that point they even started to take someone just because they "like" them. This is where most of things go wrong. People with similar stance and opinion are in. Those one who rebels will be voted out on their private channels. You can see mister eastwood as sample. His own people turned against him for the reason because they are group of people with same opinion. People simply start bother higher ranks to vote out. This is not way PWO staff. Staff started to form again and again collecting the people they "THINK" are worthy. I know at least 100 people who left and actually knew something about pokemon. Again and again same people stayed. I know people can busy but this is too much. What ever you do takes ages to happen.
Shane returned, he returned where all those staff remained. He returned asking where is everybody. where are people he used to work with and friends. Only group of people with same thinking left. You can't expect shane being except. And that actually happened he was not counted by those people. They reason why he asked players input and help can be descrbed by those words also. you do realise all years that things are falling apart somethinh was never right and you never fixed that. Best way you see that staff Rigaudon or CheckeredZebra. He posts on forums and interefere in discussion because he wants everything to be like he wants. look shiny ivs topic he obviusly wants to have like he wants and that is not good. all those years your idelogy proven to be wrong. Please change that.
NOW seriously, how many players and staff left because Shane and HOW many staff and players left because other staff? when shane returned people actually started to give this game another chance. Shane had to fix half mess you made. 0 players left becise him. few staff left saying becacuse of shane. They dont even know the guy they only know what other staff told them. This is totally wrong. If you really plan to be like that then you better be leave your chair. All these years you had a chance. Shane returned and you dont want updates. Please again no offense. But you failed. Please fix that. dont cry and beg someone with rank in your private channel, think about people and players. You are making yourself look bad. PWO staff can be described as a one person because they al have same thinking. If you can fix this then better will be. You made shane to think about quiting just because you did nothing viable these years. Please take this critic like a real man. I wish you the best.
There is some truth in there for sure.

Buggot said:
Is Xan our last Dev?
I fear so.

This sounds like a cruel joke...

BaracaWisdom

But since Shane, major improvements been made in the system .... i wonder why is he leaving .... if game changes because of him leaving i might not like it.... also battle system is great with Shane's work.

rainion

Gawerty said:
Honestly, I think this is a load of crap. PWO has gone from August 15, 2011 till very recently with no proper client dev, and it still lasted. we still have a community and we can still play. Its not over, yet every assumes just because we don't have shane, that the community is done and that pwo is over. Boo hoo, Shane is gone, oh well. PWO has suffered worse (Zidonuke ring a bell?). We will pull through because of the amazing people we have now that haven't given up. I know PWO will pull through. it always does.

i hope your right i absolutely love playing this game, it brings back so many good memory's

Pastor-Of-Muppets

1 step forward 2 steps back. You do and have done many great things for PWO but sadly it seems you do more damage which is sad. I hope the best for you though, things could have been handled better.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Do not quit just because someone disagrees with you, but also do not intentionally do things you know people will disagree with without notice. You're very important to PWO, and you have a lot of potential to make it one of the best pokemon games out there, I wouldn't rage quit like this is a simple game of call of duty if I were you. Work it out, compromise, be an adult, it's not too late.

matileo19

Youngster
Website
imanub.com.nub
EcoWOLFrb said:
Do not quit just because someone disagrees with you, but also do not intentionally do things you know people will disagree with without notice. You're very important to PWO, and you have a lot of potential to make it one of the best pokemon games out there, I wouldn't rage quit like this is a simple game of call of duty if I were you. Work it out, compromise, be an adult, it's not too late.

What Eco said.

Also, I have to agree with some stuff that TIGI said in his post. The selecion of staff members should work with democracy, this isn't working with democracy, because the ones choosing members for the staff group are the own members of the staff group. What if the governments were working like you are? We are gonna be slaves of cheaters that are going to choose more cheaters to join their group in the government, it will be like a circle, the same heads leading us with almost the same desitions and mentality over and over again. I've seen this in my time as staff member and i've been there 3 times, as mod, as gml and as mod again, I think I know a little how the staff works. This is not a fact, things could've changed but its a bit like what Im saying. I'm throwing you the ball, everyone's free to add something to what I'm saying. I'm being peacifully, don't take it bad, its an opinion.

Now the thing about Shane leaving, I know what to say but I won't, you should give more info to the community or you'll start looking like the Nasa.

Diablo1134

Man i really don't want to see you go or the game to shutdown, please try and work out your differences.

PrinceCharming

Banned
Website
www.facebook.com
Welp Shane... I know how the other staff is so I can only only imagine what happened... seems like this game has gone down the toilet since you left.. it started to come back alive when you came back... now.. it's only a matter of time before it actually dies if you leave.. so since Shane is leaving, they're really isn't a reason to actually stay with this game. we are going to go back to the way it was... very few to none updates... the updates we do get will be retarded and none useful...

So this is my departure also.. Hope you all enjoy a dead game

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
scottyscene said:
Welp Shane... I know how the other staff is so I can only only imagine what happened... seems like this game has gone down the toilet since you left.. it started to come back alive when you came back... now.. it's only a matter of time before it actually dies if you leave.. so since Shane is leaving, they're really isn't a reason to actually stay with this game. we are going to go back to the way it was... very few to none updates... the updates we do get will be retarded and none useful...

So this is my departure also.. Hope you all enjoy a dead game
Leaving for real this time? :)

nemo55

Personally this whole matter disgusts me. Really wish everyone could find some common ground here, even Bis_Eastwood deserved a chance, despite past issues the insides may have had. PWO needs more bulky staff as the strings are evidently thin now. It is hard to fault Blue or anyone else of other staff, because they have done a lot of work and dedicated their hours for this game, so who am I to say they don't belong. However, I also want to say to the current staff that they need to be more assertive and not lash out like a ticking time bomb. Which in this case has happened and resulted in such sad news.

I personally do have my biased opinion on this matter but I will remain civil here and not point fingers at people.

Lastly, thank you Shane for all your work, you will be greatly missed. All I can say is find the heart to resurrect yourself for these players man, hopefully things work out, I'll be optimistic. :)

PrinceCharming

Banned
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh Bluerise... now this is the kids playground thing Shane is talking about... there was no reason for you to comment on what I said just to provoke me into replying.... so since you won... let me tell you what I wanted to tell you for a good while now

AshMayonnaise

I was trying hard to not post anything, since im way out of my league regarding stuff like this, i only play for 4 months and don't know about the past or a lot of things that go down but .. all i can say is that even if stuff didn't go as planned, and that some people don't agree on what u did/do, i know that your intentions were good. Your last updates were awesome and i could see the game going really far and bringing back players that gave up because they were "bored" off the daily routine ingame. I'm sad to watch u go , you were and still are a good friend and i hope we will still talk and i wish u all the best man, thanks for everything (hug)

jackelsano

Youngster
bro, my sincere wishes are with you.......i m in the game since quite a time now.......more than even other players could imagine.....during the time i saw the game progressing, client update, glitches resolved ............thanks for everything bro......PWO community will miss you.....you indeed played it role and brought the game to the present level.......God bless you and dont know people are saying about a problem (dont want to indulge in that) but pray that the problem will be resolved sooner or later..........good bye....

Balo92

Shane....u're like God! dat game it will be no more awesome without you!! :(

Clippy

scottyscene said:
Oh Bluerise... now this is the kids playground thing Shane is talking about... there was no reason for you to comment on what I said just to provoke me into replying.... so since you won... let me tell you what I wanted to tell you for a good while now

Scotty... you really are an idiot sometimes xD

also... See ya Shane~ if you are even looking anymore~ thanks for the updates and stuff... um... -insert generic goodbye post ending here-

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
Well, there goes my hope on a fully working battle system.

On a more serious note, I can't have a proper opinion since it's not like I'm fully aware of what happened and what not, there are 2 sides for every story after all but I can understand the decision based on what you said. One thing is certain though, it'd be a shame to see all the changes you brought to the battle system end abruptly because of communication issues. If the decision is truly final though there's not much I can say other than thank you for the great job you did over the past 2 months and wish you luck for the future.

DomT.

Youngster
Really Shocking,What Happened ??? But Still i will appreciate Your Work,IDK what to say,there was having fun time with u :'( :'( :'( :'(
FareWell Shane

BlueExorcist

Shane Good luck and Thanks You For Great Job , I Wish The Best For You!
pikachu-cry.jpg

:'(

paulinsbs

shane was better, now will not have anyone to replace , game and never go out of beta, almost 10 years online, I saw no results , It's a pity ,
will stay corrupt now, should be informed and reported to nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.