Event: Lapras Hunting

How long did it take you to encounter your first Lapras?

• 1 hour

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 hours

• 3 hours

• 4 hours

• 5 hours

• 6-8 hours

• 8-10 hours

• 10-12 hours

• 12-14 hours

• 14-16 hours

• 16-18 hours

• 18-20 hours

• 20-22 hours

• 22-24 hours

• 24-26 hours

• 26-28 hours

• 28-30 hours

• Beyond 30 hours

• Total voters

Tecknician

Would a secondary objective help in this situation? One that provides more noticeable advancement?

Saric

Youngster
Empress Teck said:
Would a secondary objective help in this situation? One that provides more noticeable advancement?
It would. Nothing too over-complicated or anything, something rather simple. Something like delivering the item to someone else instead of having the npc there. Or getting another item as part of a mini questline of sorts. It'd break the monotony a bit.

DarkCyrus

Could work better if something like skarmory event, dont know, how about fainting some remoraid? (rare in event) to get some kinda held item, so u can give over to an NPC and he would give u as reward a voucher. Could be something like 7 held items from remoraid with no 100% of chances of dropping the item that would be no easy to do but not so hard. I chose remoraid as an example as they dont have a great value in community nor you wouldnt be affecting the price in market.

On the other side would like to know how we are suppose to call rarities now, they are suppose to be "unknown", but seriously we need something other than unknown to define what rarity is.

To note: I hope more weekend events are coming, at least more than 3 to come I couldnt complete the event cuz couldnt find not even a lapras in 4 days. When i heard lapras wasnt going to be "rare" in event but more a "HR", that annoyed me a bit, cuz that reminded me of the first time i tried to find a snorlax to get some money for surfboard, spent 2 weeks and didnt find one, what would make this "HR" lapras different??, even so, I tried for 4 days and I couldnt.

Was wondering if more events are to come cuz if the events to come are only 3 or less, i would be stuck with vouchers for prizes that are just meaningless or worthless, Teck hasnt said something and would like to know if, are there going to be more tier prizes?? doesnt matter if we have to get more than 7 vouchers but would like to see more evo items to some other pokemon. (Weavile, Probopass, Magnezone, Yanmega, Porygonz, Ambipom, Mismagius, Tangrowth, just some examples)

paypay2013

Website
www.pokemon-world-online.net
I like this event :) its awasome ;D
i killed the first Lapras and i catch others... but in the second day of event, i dont look more lapras :( (and i spend hours searching :eek: )

When have other weekend event ? ^-^

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
DarkCyrus said:
Was wondering if more events are to come cuz if the events to come are only 3 or less, i would be stuck with vouchers for prizes that are just meaningless or worthless, Teck hasnt said something and would like to know if, are there going to be more tier prizes?? doesnt matter if we have to get more than 7 vouchers but would like to see more evo items to some other pokemon. (Weavile, Probopass, Magnezone, Yanmega, Porygonz, Ambipom, Mismagius, Tangrowth, just some examples)

As has been stated weekend events are planned to be at least once a month if all goes well. You can read this post here and reply in regards to prize suggestions:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=30865

Bare in mind that the voucher system is not the only way for new pokemon to be introduced to the game.

DarkCyrus

HitmonFonty said:
DarkCyrus said:

As has been stated weekend events are planned to be at least once a month if all goes well. You can read this post here and reply in regards to prize suggestions:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=30865

Bare in mind that the voucher system is not the only way for new pokemon to be introduced to the game.

I already saw that topic Fonty, but as said Teck hasnt said anything about more tier prizes other than ask for suggestions, anyway would be cool to know what does he think about our suggestions and at least tell us if its possible.

Also, I cannot think other way to introduce new pokemon other then some events such as halloween/X-mas event, The 4 gen pokemon we have at the moment are mamoswine and dusknoir (both came from already mentioned events), but for those seasons are still far away from happening, so it would be a bit faster to be introduced via tier prizes, well just my 2 cents!! Thx for answering Fonty

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
DarkCyrus said:
\
I already saw that topic Fonty, but as said Teck hasnt said anything about more tier prizes other than ask for suggestions, anyway would be cool to know what does he think about our suggestions and at least tell us if its possible.

We will often ask for suggestions on many topics and although we don't always respond to your opinions and suggestions we do read them all and take note. It just takes time to get around to everything that needs doing in this game. :)

HrantDink

Been trying to find a better place to post this but couldn't really find one. I'm not the right person to give feedback on this particular event as I was only there on the Monday, and don't think I was able to invest the time needed to come up with an honest opinion on the event. My only point of feedback would be that it's worth considering the days of the week for these monthly events to make sure they are not always held on the same days. I'm sure I am not the only one unavailable over the weekends, and while I understand that for many the weekend means extra time to play and have fun, it'd be a shame if for some of us participation in these events is restricted to a few extra hours on the weekdays. That being said, I'd like to commend the team on their achievement, it is events like these that bring players from all over Kanto and Johto together and this first one definitely instated a feeling of unity amongst those participating in the event.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
HrantDink said:
Been trying to find a better place to post this but couldn't really find one. I'm not the right person to give feedback on this particular event as I was only there on the Monday, and don't think I was able to invest the time needed to come up with an honest opinion on the event. My only point of feedback would be that it's worth considering the days of the week for these monthly events to make sure they are not always held on the same days. I'm sure I am not the only one unavailable over the weekends, and while I understand that for many the weekend means extra time to play and have fun, it'd be a shame if for some of us participation in these events is restricted to a few extra hours on the weekdays. That being said, I'd like to commend the team on their achievement, it is events like these that bring players from all over Kanto and Johto together and this first one definitely instated a feeling of unity amongst those participating in the event.

While it is impossible to be all-catering, we've still wanted to aim for the majority's availablity, which is unequivocally agreed to be during the weekend's time. Of course, there still is the possibility of some miss-outs, the weekends are the largest window of opportunity we believe we can open for weekend-round events for our players' inclusion, as long as they are intended to be of a few-day duration.

To give some food for thought, we ultimately intend for vouchers to be obtained in other methods: some in-game mini-events—not necessarily content-operated ones—hosted by the staff, or other potential giveaways, that could make vouchers obtainable without partaking in the weekend-round events. Would you be okay if these methods existed, while weekend-round events are still operationally separate on the weekends?

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
Creobis said:
To give some food for thought, we ultimately intend for vouchers to be obtained in other methods: some in-game mini-events—not necessarily content-operated ones—hosted by the staff, or other potential giveaways, that could make vouchers obtainable without partaking in the weekend-round events. Would you be okay if these methods existed, while weekend-round events are still operationally separate on the weekends?
I would be happy with that.. more uneven distribution of those vouchers among players would be nice, if that makes sense.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
future_sight said:
Creobis said:
I would be happy with that.. more uneven distribution of those vouchers among players would be nice, if that makes sense.

I would be unhappy with that. :S

Orean

Website
twitter.com
julio2503 said:
future_sight said:
Creobis said:

I would be unhappy with that. :S

It may be due to a possible misinterpretation of the suggestion. From my understanding, future_sight was suggesting unequal distribution of the vouchers, depending on the degree of the event-specific challenge, what the player has accomplished from it, and so forth (correct me if I'm wrong?).

For some events, it may actually be possible that the amount of vouchers rewarded will vary depending on the threshold of accomplishment in the event's objective. Secondary objectives, or checkpoints in accomplishing a single objective, are some examples of how additional vouchers—no more than a few per event at this time—may be rewarded.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
It would have been nice to see the poll more like this:

"If you found a Lapras, how long did you hunt?"
[insert options here]
"If you didn't find a Lapras, how long did you hunt?"
[insert options here]

ATM it's flawed because the poll assumes the user found something.
I didn't find one but looked for about 3-4 hours for a day. So you're missing a chunk of info here. =P Or, maybe people who didn't find one still voted... :X

HrantDink

Creobis said:
HrantDink said:

While it is impossible to be all-catering, we've still wanted to aim for the majority's availablity, which is unequivocally agreed to be during the weekend's time. Of course, there still is the possibility of some miss-outs, the weekends are the largest window of opportunity we believe we can open for weekend-round events for our players' inclusion, as long as they are intended to be of a few-day duration.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying, events (granted that they last for more than one day) will at all times be held during the weekends? Personally I don't really care much for the vouchers, while they are a nice incentive to get people interested, I don't value them that much. I'd rather have fun participating in the event and not end up collecting the voucher(s) (which kinda happened during this Lapras event, I got a good 20 hours in but not a single Lapras, still enjoyed myself). For me I'm not really looking to obtain vouchers outside the weekend events, rather trying to look at the possibilities of having the events spread more evenly across the available days of the week to allow people like myself to participate. I totally understand that you are trying to cater to the majority here, and to a certain extent I even agree with you that this is the best set up for these events, and this is a good thing. I just think that it should be possible to cater to the majority while not ignoring a minority of us who might never be able to participate if events are weekends only.

I'm really excited to see what the future holds regardless, my point above is merely a sugestion, in any case the changes you mentioned will help towards a more inclusive and communal atmosphere for most of us to enjoy and that's what will do the game a lot of good.

Dovee

Youngster
I agree with Dink on this one. A simple solution is have events on weekends the majority of time and have a mid week event here and there to give the minority a chance at events. That doesn't seem to difficult.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
CheckeredZebra said:
It would have been nice to see the poll more like this:

"If you found a Lapras, how long did you hunt?"
[insert options here]
"If you didn't find a Lapras, how long did you hunt?"
[insert options here]

ATM it's flawed because the poll assumes the user found something.
I didn't find one but looked for about 3-4 hours for a day. So you're missing a chunk of info here. =P Or, maybe people who didn't find one still voted... :X

In my OP, I suggested that if one hasn't encountered a Lapras, it'd be recommendable for them to vote the amount of hours that they've spent hunting for a Lapras; they would be allowed to revote for a new increment of hours as more time elapsed hunting for the Lapras as well. For example, if you've spend 3 days hunting for the Lapras, investing roughly 4 hours a day doing so (12 hours total), 12 hours would be an applicable vote.

However, I understand that this polling criteria may not have been understand this way, looking at the poll question alone, so I agree that it would've been better for me to reword the poll question—would something along the lines of "How many hours have you spent hunting for a first Lapras?" been more clear-instructed? (I don't believe phpBB allows multiple polls in one thread).

HrantDink said:

To reclarify, we do intend for most mini-events to primarily revolve around the weekends, we also do intend to host mid-week events on a more sporadic basis. As you and others have mentioned, we've also intended to make them more all-participatory for the minority — the quirk in which someone may be available more often on the weekdays than weekends — by making mid-week events available as well.

The events may differ in nature, however: mid-week events may simply be staff-ran, without any tangible content changes—Hide and Seek if you may be familiar with it, for example (not saying Hide and Seek will be an event, but I'm given an example on how more intangible event setups can be ran, which we can be more flexible with in preparing for also).

Content-oriented vents, such as the hunt-and-fetch mini-quest that took place with this event, may be reserved moreso for the weekends, but I presume that you prefer opportunities for the communal aspect (the involvement of the entire community for the same event objective) more so than the nature of the event?

HrantDink

Creobis said:
To reclarify, we do intend for most mini-events to primarily revolve around the weekends, we also do intend to host mid-week events on a more sporadic basis. As you and others have mentioned, we've also intended to make them more all-participatory for the minority — the quirk in which someone may be available more often on the weekdays than weekends — by making mid-week events available as well.

The events may differ in nature, however: mid-week events may simply be staff-ran, without any tangible content changes—Hide and Seek if you may be familiar with it, for example (not saying Hide and Seek will be an event, but I'm given an example on how more intangible event setups can be ran, which we can be more flexible with in preparing for also).

Content-oriented vents, such as the hunt-and-fetch mini-quest that took place with this event, may be reserved moreso for the weekends, but I presume that you prefer opportunities for the communal aspect (the involvement of the entire community for the same event objective) more so than the nature of the event?

Thanks for elaborating, I'm clear on the way events are structured now. I'm glad to hear you're trying to account for all different types of players, and fully understand that weekend events will take some sort of primacy, it is logical and has the most beneficial effect on the community in toto.

~Dink