Epic, Uber, Horrible

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Chocobo7 said:
The only thing stopping people from making a guide such as what has been mentioned in this topic is effort, if someone wants to make it badly enough they will find a way ;)

It may be well-advised to do this collaboratively, regarding the definitions of uber/epic/etc; they're construed as rather abstract terms, but it's best to seek a lot of input from the more knowledgeable clique (traders/buyers), to see if a consensus can found, given all of the mixed opinions I have observed for it.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
To begin, "Epic" was, as far as I can recall, randomly used once in a trade topic somewhere. People immediately liked the term, and started applying it to everything.

Now we have a tie between people that think Epic = random stats with 20+ IVs and Epic = High viable stats + good everything else. The SECOND was, if I remember correctly, how the original topic used it. The first? I have no idea who started applying it that way, but others saw it being used inappropriately and decided it was correct. They then continued to use it thinking what they were doing was right.

"Epic" has only ever been concretely defined once and before the dust could settle people ran off with it. I have yet to see that term in any other Pokemon-related game and the term has only been around a couple of years.

If you want to unanimously decide on something specific in this topic, then you guys can make it your goal to politely inform/occasionally remind others what it means if applied incorrectly. After all, the wiki can be changed.

Otherwise, this is just gonna continue.

Thor

Trying to give two subjective words like uber and epic a specific definition isnt really something you can decide on or get upset that others don't agree with you. Who cares if people have a different definition to you, that is their prerogative, just check the ivs, its the only thing that matters really.

LanceDM

BoboTheClown said:
Trying to give two subjective words like uber and epic a specific definition isnt really something you can decide on or get upset that others don't agree with you. Who cares if people have a different definition to you, that is their prerogative, just check the ivs, its the only thing that matters really.

Absolutelly true... Even if the seller is right, you will check the ivs anyway... I usually ask for stats even if the seller told me the ivs, to see how it looks on veekun, lol..