Digletts Cave B3F Introduces Relicanth?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo55

Should Relicanth be introduced in Diglett Cave B3F? Do you think it makes sense for it to be implemented in game? Is this a suitable habitat for this fish?

Ideas? Thoughts?

Merse

Youngster
Relicanth lives in salt water, as it is clearly stated in its Pokedex entry. Now, it is true that Diglett's Cave is next to an ocean. The question is, if it is filled with salt water, or, most likely, its water bodies are supplied by underwater springs. If there would be an evidence of connection between the cave and the open sea, it could make sense to put Relicanth there. As there is no indication of that yet, I would say that Poke shouldn't be there. Of course if and when diving is introduced, this could be changed.... ;)

Gobfather

*dumps salt into water* BAM problem solved 8)

It would be interesting though to see a expansion of b3f. A large undergound map, with a stream leading out to the ocean (allow nemos fishy friends to enter) including relincanths, and perhaps in a larger lake in this underground map, can now fish clampearls ;D.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I believe PWO doesn't have an adequate place to introduce relicanth yet, or ways to develop its real spawn. If it would be available on the Token Store after new Playerdex release is fine to me. :p

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Well it's a gen 3 pokemon, and a deep sea pokemon as well... so I don't see how it would make sense for relicanth to be in an underground cave in kanto tbh.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
While yes, you should think of a well-fit habitat to fit in a Pokemon (I presume the main rationale beyond this is that you want Relicanth to be obtainable in some manner?), it's not the only angle to think it from—think Pokemon lore: how would a fossilized, prehistoric Pokemon inhabit an area in an animated manner to begin with? Is making it catchable the most metagame-sound avenue for its in-game obtainability?

Merse

Youngster
Well, Relicanth was very much alive in the anime, and there were cases when it seemed that the game may accept the influence of the anime :)
I could imagine it as a catchable Pokemon but only in a deep underwater cave. Diglett's Cave B3F is currently the most suitable place for it, if we accept the fact that salt water fills up the lowest level. I'M not saying Relicanth should be there, as no other fossil Pokemon are currently catchable in the game, but if the staff ever decides to make it available, it could be there, or in a place similar to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.