Department Stores

How many times do you use the department stores per week?

• Rarely; not even on a weekly basis.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51+

• Total voters

Orean

Website
twitter.com
How often do you use the Celadon/Goldenrod City Department Stores on a weekly basis (rough estimation)? Additionally (verbal feedback, as usual, is encouraged for feedback-collecting topics), which items/commodities (TMs, escape ropes, etc...) do you use them for the most?

Tendou

Choose 11-15 simple by the fact i can't but a lot of tms at once so i need to go back over and over again. It would be better adding an option to buy up to 100 at once. I never bought potions except for seasonal potions, i do buy more escape ropes than TMs and evolutions stones also

Saurus

Banned
I honestly hardly see the need to use the Department store except for the purpose of having to buy an evolution stone to evolve my Weepinbell with. Here is something to consider. Adding REPEL to the Department store would increase the popularity of it.

Back to the topic and my feedback. I normally just walk in the Department store, walk around, do a bit of sight seeing, see if I find other players I know, aaaand walk out again.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I usually don't go there, unless I need exclusive items from those Stores, like TMs, revives, etc. And when go there I buy extra items, so I can take a while untill the next purchase. :p

Merse

Youngster
I only use them if I run out of escape ropes (in which case I buy a lot of them) or when I rarely need an evo stone. I go there once in every two or three months tops.

joysclash

well i dont visit those place until i run out of stones ropes and tms ..so its about 5 times in a week..i mostly go there for escape ropes and tms !!

Fionavara

I visit 1-2 times a week when I pass them doing my npc runs, stock up on escape ropes, potions, revive mosly occationally some tms aswell.

Saric

Youngster
I use them a little less than I use the others. Due to lacking content I don't use it as often.
Why not add more Department store item exclusives? Surely a large department store would have more items than your run-of-the-mill shop.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Saric said:
I use them a little less than I use the others. Due to lacking content I don't use it as often.
Why not add more Department store item exclusives? Surely a large department store would have more items than your run-of-the-mill shop.
Well, what would you suggest?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Saurus said:
REPEL. Please add REPEL.
While ago I read something about Repels. Someone said this item would take more time to get in game and there were some thoughts about possible glitches doing you find no more pokémons. But that was months ago. :p

Saurus

Banned
It's terribly annoying to be walking in a cave and 2 seconds after the other you face a Rattata/Geodude. For once i'd just like to walk into a cave and right out of it without the Rattata/Geodude dilemma. Lol.

Saric

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
Saric said:
Well, what would you suggest?
Repels would be nice. As for other types of items it's hard to say without knowing the extent of what can be done given the client and server. Maybe more rare items. When the client allows, different types of pokeballs could be added.
More potent potions like hyper/max could be moved over. Again, if the client/server allows, maybe even something like full restore (which would completely solve issues with poison etc in mt silver).

Another idea: Stock changing on weekends.
ex. A weekend sale. Let's say it's saturday. You could sell things like soothe bell, ancient tablet, etc (if need be reduce to only selling one per player).
These are the sorts of things that I can think of right off the top of my head.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Saurus said:
Adding REPEL to the Department store would increase the popularity of it.

In the handheld games, going under the assumption that the pokemart-carried items would be a carryover here as well, repels were also carried in regular pokemarts as well (correct me if I'm wrong), thus they would be purchasable outside of the department stores as well.

For my secondary question, it's more informative to know which items are the most-coveted that are exclusively carried in the department stores; compelling items/commodities that would give a reason for a user to shop at the department stores, as opposed to shopping at the local/close-proximity, ordinary pokemarts.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
whatever you put in the department store, people will stock up on it and rarely visit just like they do now. I don't see a problem with this.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
EcoWOLFrb said:
whatever you put in the department store, people will stock up on it and rarely visit just like they do now. I don't see a problem with this.

I totally agree. ^

Saurus

Banned
I still think putting Repel in the department stores only, would give it a unique touch. There is a rather high demand for them as I read in the help channel recently. If potions, super potions and max potions are sold there, why not Repel? I'm not just putting the item REPEL out there for just adding something to the topic at hand but it could be very handy in, let's say, Bell Tower. I have a bad connection and i'm laggy. Because of that i'm pushed back 5 blocks and have to re-walk on them, and for that duration encountered 2 Rattata after each other. This goes on for minutes. What happens now? RAGE FACE. *Mumbles* Wish I had a repel right about now.

Another thing is, if this basic necessity was implemented at a department store, wouldn't it spark the interest of what other compelling items/commodities the store might have?

Here's an idea:

If you want players to visit the department store often, why not place an item there that can only be bought once that they won't get to buy anywhere else. This item should be an important accessory. They can only purchase one/two of these at a time.

Just a suggestion.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I think adding repel to the game is fine, but put them or any other item for sale on Department Stores only isn't guarantee of people visit them more frequently, because people will always stock up. The only way I see is make a stock limit for determinated items but I don't think it's the best way. :p

Saurus

Banned
I hear you but you have to keep in mind. The department stores at the moment aren't visited as much for sight-seeing.

If I entered a new city, saw this big colorful building with a sign infront saying "Department Store" it'd peek my interest and pull me towards the door. However what I find inside should be more gripping than the sign outside. My mindset should be: What can I find here that I won't be able to find anywhere else BUT here?

The department store, players go there as you said, stock up and leave. The number of items they can buy is 100 (But actually 99). This means that majority who stock up to 100 items, would probably only be seen coming to purchase items at a much later period. Some not even coming back after weeks. Some even forgetting they bought said items. And some just stock up for the sake of having bulk-like items in their Bagpack.

To the more frequent visit issue. Can I then suggest that the Department Stores be made accessible much easily, via a shortcut or something? Perhaps with the help of a teleporter NPC in a town?