Dealing with suspected botters

pieoffury

I've opened this topic because I have heard and known of several players hunting on grass then suddenly being teleported to pc. Not every single one of them were botters because a few of them thought it was just lag and simply walked back to the grassy areas. I just want staff to hear me out in my suggestion. I suggest that if the staff wishes to see if a player is botting, pm them first. If he/she doesn't reply, THEN that's when you teleport them to the pc to see if he/she really is botting. Not everyone bots when they move in the same path for a long time. I've been suspected of botting by people on the same map as me, and I simply talk on all channel to get rid of their accusations. However, the fact that you teleport them for that same reason, is not exactly justifiable because you bring players to a pc and let's say, if he/she wasn't botting, they would just think the game is still laggy and buggy and that's what caused them to teleport there and they would have to walk all the way back to their hunting grounds.

If they suspect a player of botting:
1. PM that player and wait for a minute.
2. If the player doesn't reply, teleport to PC.
3. If the player still continues the same movements for a minute, ban his sorry behind.

Black.Magician

Ya i agree with Pew, if you think they are botting, you should pm them first, and check there activeness in chat, i mean a program cannot reply to the players with correct answers, so its just a request to staff that plz try talking with them , i mean many of player in appeal say that they wont reply to random player, but if a staff will try to pm them they will surely reply..

Future~Sight

Youngster
Website
www.matmartinez.net
You sure players cannot chat while botting/using other hacks?
Anyways, I was teleported to the jail pc once, and then teleported back to my previous map after 'interrogation'.. maybe they forgot to send Jai back that time? I doubt they would've said No if he asked to be sent back tho.

pieoffury

future_sight said:
You sure players cannot chat while botting/using other hacks?
Anyways, I was teleported to the jail pc once, and then teleported back to my previous map after 'interrogation'.. maybe they forgot to send Jai back that time? I doubt they would've said No if he asked to be sent back tho.
I don't know because I have had no experience on such programs. Interrogation? I didn't know "such" existed :eek:

Black.Magician

No future, i was not teleported to pc, i was teleported out of the grass area, and then i went back to the grass myself....

Brennan

Youngster
None of those above are necessary to find out if someone is botting, such as sending a PM. We don't have to move anyone around or PM them to see if they are botting. We don't even have to be online and there will be still users banned for using an illegal program. Your suggestion is pretty natural because you a player, means that our policy works. And that is a good thing.

However, you must know that we have our own ways to find out that someone is doing something against the rules. During the process of finding out if someone is breaking the rules we use special tools. That would be the main reason why we don't share the evidence with players. Being one step behind cannot happen.

If you see someone getting unbanned under shadow of a doubt that is not necessarily a negative thing. On the contrary, it's positive. It can tell you that something happened during the appeal process. There is a huge difference between trying to find a reason why someone should be banned and trying to find a reason why someone should be unbanned. As a player, you are not able to tell the difference. That is why I am going to pretend that your suggestion was never directed to us.

KyuSama

Youngster
Sometimes im Farming just by going right-left or up-down and watching tv at the same time...then in event i think i was Moved / or it was a lag, out of the grass and was still Moving like i was before...but than i realized that i cant find any poke because there comes no battle musik...i am walking back to the grass and farm, what i am trying to explain, even if someone isnt botting he could dont have attention for the game at the moment. I think it would not help to move someone to be sure if he or she is botting.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Brennan said:
We don't have to move anyone around or PM them to see if they are botting. We don't even have to be online and there will be still users banned for using an illegal program.

Why do GMs move players around then? Just a curiosity. ???

The-Predator

Youngster
As Brennan said, they use special tools, hmm im guessing they use some other programs to detect when illegal programs are being used, maybe they use bots to detect bos (wary), that would be the way im thinking they can know when "x" player is hacking